I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2163Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd be no help in that department, but it sounds like a great idea.

Hooray, she got her licence! The roads are pretty bad around here right now, so for now she's not going anywhere on her own.

I am going to bible study this morning....they call it mom's time out, because it's an excuse to get out of the house...so they're a little younger demographic than I am, because I don't get to stay home nearly as much as I want to. Then I am going to bake bake bake (I hope) I wrote it on my calendar last week, I guess that's what I need to do to actually get around to it.
December 12th, 2013, 08:08 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Yyaahh for license!!!!

Will be taking DD2 to pedi for weight check. She will be tested for thyroid problems. She has gained 7 lbs in 6 months!! Dh's side of family have thyroid problems that require taking meds, She is not a junk food eater so that has nothing to do with it, they all eat the same things that I cook and she is active so not sure why she is gaining the weight.

Then its home for some serious scrubbing!! then later in the day after the 2 other kids are home from school will be going grocery shopping. uugg what a day!

No suggestions here Fw on that trip,
December 12th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
#4 won 3rd place in the 4H speech contest. He did great and I'm very proud of him. The kid who won 2nd did great too and I'm not at all surprised he beat my son. But the girl who won 1st really shouldn't have. She should have been 3rd. IMHO. But I don't want to be all sour grapes. I want to be happy and proud. But it rankles me a little.

Oh and this creepy guy here in town thinks my daughter shouldn't be in cabaret because she is 17 and you aren't allowed to perform sex acts if you aren't 18. It is not a sex act! It is a broadway musical, not a strip club or brothel. Why are people weird?
December 12th, 2013, 09:23 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my best word of advice is to be part of a tour, on a bus. parking is practically non-existant. dh and i did a bus tour that lasted for hours and we saw so much including some of the smithsonian. i loved it.

~~terre~~
December 12th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FW, life wouldn't be anywhere near as amusing if it weren't for weird people. Cabaret is one of my favourite musicals.
December 13th, 2013, 12:40 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Sounds awful, but I'm hoping that the baby is sick. I don't know what else could explain all this sleeplessness. It's beyond not napping now. I know he doesn't nap much, and I can deal with that …. mostly. He's been up all hours of the night for the past couple of days and will not settle down. Not screaming, but like he can't get comfortable. I mean, why else am I up at 3:30 in the morning??? Think I'll try to get him in today before the weekend (along with probably a billion other people).

December 13th, 2013, 05:31 AM
I hope you can figure out what's going on so you both can get some rest.

It's payday! Dh got a bonus, Christmas shopping can begin!
December 13th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Let's see if I can remember everything.

Terre I was starting to wonder where you were and if everything was okay.

Have fun baking.

Congrats on the license!

I have the opposite advice of Terre. We stayed at a hotel pretty close to everything and walked almost everywhere and took cabs to a few other places. We went at the start of fall and it was BEAUTIFUL! Ted even fell in to big lake thing (I'm seriously have a brain fart right now).

Enjoy the shopping, I'll be finishing up next week. I am pushing it till the last check cause my electricity bill was more then I thought and it was my dang fault.

We got more snow last night, but at least were are out of the negatives
December 13th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for warmer temperatures. I'm thinking we'll be in the negatives till May.

FW, people are SO weird with that kind of thing, and seriously, no one should think about your daughter and sex act in the same sentence. Very creepy.

We're taking the kids shopping today, and then we can scratch that off our todo list. Something tells me everyone is going to want a haircut next week.
December 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM
FW - jenn is right if you are going to be staying close by. we were not so we took a bus in from our hotel ( a few cities away) and connected with a tour. it was way easier than driving ourselves and i think we saw all the important things. but yes, i agree, walking places is a good way to go.

afm, i am here. i am so uber-focused on losing weight that it takes all my attention. i feel like i dont have a lot to say right now. i even told DH that i am gone all morning every morning but sunday at the gym and the weigh-in, and by the time i get home its time to deal with kids. i don't feel like i can keep up around the house. i try but by about 2 i am so tired. and i am going to bed at like stinkin 8:30pm because of being physically tired too. dont get me wrong - i love that i am sleeping finally - i just feel so not on top of things around here. i know it will be worth it in the end - i can already see changes that are nice to see. i might need new clothes when we go to hawaii next month - pants for sure!!!

~~terre~~
December 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
#5~ How old? could it be teething? ear infection?
December 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Getting ready to leave for the kids music show and we are playing where the **** is #7's shoe?!?!
December 13th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The shoes are under the couch.

Sam's FB status....

Quote:
Almost died on the freeway this morning! ******* cut me off, did a 360° and endes up on the opposite side inches away from the medium. Dont wanna drive home..

The whole story is weird. She was behind beside the guy almost from the moment she left work. She thought he was drunk because he was weaving all over the place. They got on the freeway and he kept moving over if she moved over, then weaving when she would try to go around him. They are on a 4 lane freeway with no one else on the freeway and it was about 4 am. She decided to say screw it and just kept her distance away from him. They were going about 50, we had gotten a little bit of snow, but not a lot that the roads were horrible, just yucky, when all of a sudden he just slams on his brakes. There is nothing and no one on or in the road, she of course hits her brakes and hit a patch of ice just as she did. She went across 4 lanes, spinning the whole time. She said as soon as it happened he sped off and she sat in her car and cried it scared her so bad. I'm not a suspicious person, but the whole things just feels 'off' to me.
December 13th, 2013, 10:54 PM
you mean like someone was trying to hurt her, m2m? that sounds so scary. how is she now?

~~terre~~
December 14th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
She's okay, it just scared the bejesus out of her and she has had a slide off a time or two so it's not like the slick roads haven't been an issue before. Although she does admit to over compensating. My atheist DD even said "if there's a God, he was with me". Not something I ever thought I'd hear come out of her mouth. She really doesn't understand how she stopped less then an inch from the median. She said she was spinning and then literally just stopped.

Her boyfriend thought one of those scams where the person in front tries to get you to hit them from behind, but she drives an oldish Mitsubishi, they were in a BMW. That doesn't add up, and her description of the driving was so..aggressive. Thankfully she doesn't have to work today, so she'll have time to recoup a little.
December 14th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Tats what I thought when I read it. I hope she can relax again. I'm sorry. People are crazy.

Almost done Christmas shopping!
December 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so behind I can't even remember half of what I've read so that I can reply. Just letting you know I'm here.
UrbanMomma likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 15th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mother is selling the house I lived In my entire childhood so I helped her pack boxes because I'm an idiot, DS17 and DD14 came too.

Won't get into it but I have a very strained relationship with my mother, I managed tocut my parents out for 5 years but after my father died a few months back she has invited herself back into my life and I'm not strong enough to say no to her just yet.

It was a long day. At one point I was tempted to see if Dad still had whiskey hidden in every room because right around the point of being yelled at about something I apparently did when I was 4 I came to realise why there was whiskey hidden everywhere.

On the plus side we found the tapes of forbidden music I had hidden in the floor of my room so we got to listen to really bad 80s metal on the drive home.
UrbanMomma likes this.
December 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cybele......good luck with that!

Now to the important question............

WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE?!
December 16th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hiding

« School | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search