I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2281Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are total mutts. Mom was a stray mutt, dad was a fence jumping wandering mutt. They are cute, sweet, mild, and fluffy!

#5, there was a fb discussion where people debated wether Santa could be another color besides white after some tv news face made some declaration that Santa and Jesus were white.
December 18th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's in reference to a FB post I made that kinda blew up. I figured 2-3 people would just call me an idiot, but it went crazy and way off track.

Sounds like everyone had a good time.

Ah, it really had nothing to do with the lady, she's just an idiot. It was in reference to the blog that set this off where the blogger basically said that the tradition view of Santa should be changed so that children of color were no traumatizes further. That's the summary, not word for word

Oh and I think mutts make the best dogs!
December 18th, 2013, 08:13 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Repti, yeah, sometimes things aren't fair.

FW, puppies. Better you than me. Have fun with them.

My plans for Christmas are just chill, relax and let the kids open their gifts. Fry fish, eat, and go back to work the next day.....whoo hoo

The FB Santa thing was interesting. I just stopped posting and reading because apparently I am a mean, awful mother who is stealing my childrens joy and the magic because I don't do santa at our house
#12 is on the way
December 18th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Well I do not think that at all!!!!!!! I was thinking about it and was really surprised by how hot and divided that topic could get. I see it on other boards also. I have a internet friend in South Africa, we all used to belong to another forum but it closed down and we moved it to a private FB group. Anyway this friend saw the post, saw you were ganged up on and kinda called Gency (Emer) out because they don't even have Santa. They've only recently started to incorporate him, so she wanted to know how that made her cruel. Kinda repeated what was said to you. The thing is he doesn't exist in certain parts of the world and those kids aren't traumatized.
December 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i missed all that drama, i guess, although i did hear the news story discussed on the view. i never thought about it really.

so tired. long night with little to no real sleep. going to take a nap now before i go to the gym. i dont have the energy to do it the other way around. oh and i am hungry!!! i want a huge meal starting with a bowl of chocolate chex cereal ....but i won't.

~~terre~~
December 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did see some of the post but I didn't comment because I didn't like the way Jen was being treated and quickly realized I was just going to end up stirring the pot more. Sorry I bailed on you, Jen!
All in all, it fits into what I've said about parents just wanting to pick on other parents. My theory is that everyone is a bit self conscious that they aren't doing a good job so instead of focusing on themselves they tear down everyone that does it differently. When, the truth is, if everyone would stop and just be supportive they would no longer feel so self conscious about it.
That's just my two cents anyway.
December 18th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cort, there were more people (that don't know her) that private pm'd me who also wanted to, but were a little afraid of stirring the pot more also.

I'd thought about deleting it, but it drives me crazy when people do that and since I do stand by my original statement I left it.
December 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I just quit reading and responding because I know how I get and it would have just pissed me off all day, and really I know none of those people and don't think I would want to. LOL. Also I like you Jenn and just figured "walking" away was best to try and let the drama die.

I am used to be the odd man out in regards to Santa. I am all for anyone who chooses to do that with their family, and I tell my kids not to ruin it for anyone else by saying there is no such thing.

Ahhh, whatever. Christmas is too much about stuff (IMO, most peoples REAL definition of magic) and not enough about giving, love and family.
#12 is on the way
December 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Jen, you could have said what you wanted. Honestly, I'd have been okay with it, and that's why once I realized it was going to blow up I started blocking all the kids on my FB from it. I really didn't think it would, like I said other then a few people to tell me I was an idiot lol

I will admit it's only been in the last few years that I knew people chose to not do Santa (outside of religious reasons) and can admit that I was stunned/shocked/dismayed at the thought for all the reasons others posted, but then I thought about it and realized it's really not that big of a deal, it's not like the parents are say NO Christmas, just no Santa. Some days I honestly see the benefit, especially as I get older and think I still have at least 5 more years of hiding gifts lol
December 18th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I figured as much on the Santa thing. I don't really care what color Santa is, and I'm pretty sure that Jesus wasn't white, if you think of where he lived. We don't do Santa here either and no one is traumatized.

In Holland they have Saint Nicolaas who has a helper named "black Peter" and there was a huge uproar about it this year because it was racist and promoted slavery, or so was the argument. They were trying to take it to the UN. I'm not sure if Peter is black because he spends the rest of the year in Spain suntanning or because he gets dirty going down the chimney.

I am all done Christmas shopping.
December 18th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never realised Santa was such a controversial issue until I set foot into internet parents world a few years back. I grew up without Santa, as did most people my age, I don't think he became 'mainstream' here until the 80s, and I was well past the Santa age by then.

I confess, no Santa in our house. No Christmas though so that would be silly if we had Santa.
December 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, why can't the whole world just be exactly the same and fair for everyone? *tongue in cheek*

I want to see a pic of the puppies!

I finally got a "new" Surburban! We traded our Tahoe for it. It's older than our Tahoe.;2002 with 128K miles for $6,000. We rolled over a little bit, so we owe $9700 but it's so nice to have something bigger we all fit in comfortably. We got it yesterday on our anniversary. Nice timing.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 19th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I created drama, and now let's see if I can make you laugh.

Yesterday Sam decided to take her dog for a walk. She get's about a block up and notices a car going pretty slow, but doesn't think a lot of it cause the roads are a little slick. A block further and the car is still following her so she is starting to get concerned, the car honks, she looks back and see's it's some Mexican dude, so she flips him off and decides to turn at the corner and head for the main road. She'd thought about going to her brothers, but the main road was closer and figured that would be safer and they'd just drive away. Nope, she get's to the main road, turns and decides to try and head back towards her house, at this point she is starting to panic, cause this car just keeps following her and the visions running through her head are bad. She looks back and the car is still following her, so she starts to run, the car speeds up and now they are all but laying on their car horn, so looks back and the window, tinted window, rolls down and she discovers it's Lupan, his girlfriend and Megan. I guess they were all dying laughing until they realized that she was hitting full blown panic.

Sam said at first she was relieved and then she wanted to beat the crap out of him. She also learned a lesson...never leave home without your phone. Megan told me that afterwards they all felt a little bad, but then would just bust out laughing. Hearing Sam tell the story is funny beyond funny.

Poor Sam, she always seems to be the one things happen to lol

I think it's time to go to the eye doctor. I've noticed that I can't see things unless they are in just the right place. Heck I didn't even recognize Lupan last week when he stopped by. I Guess my days if better then 20/20 vision are gone.
cybele likes this.
December 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well 10 hours of sleep later, i feel much more alive. but i will admit that i am freezing and can't quit shivering. i even bumped up the heater to 72 and i am still cold, and drank 2 cups of coffee. i better not be getting sick, i have more shopping to do on monday.

~~terre~~
December 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you don't get sick!

lol m2m, that's funny, but I'd be furious too if someone had done that to me.

My oldest drove to school today, it's her first time driving all by herself.

I'm going to houseclean like a madwoman, and then help with lunch and crafts in my youngest class.
December 20th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Just sitting here, wrapping presents, watching modern family, and thinking of you guys. I just love knowing you are out there.
December 20th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I should start wrapping presents tonight, but maybe tomorrow night.
December 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Marie, good to "see" you here!

I'm on cheesy Christmas movie #2 and it's only 9:30. (never fails, the one morning you can sleep in I'm awake early) I'll have to get moving pretty soon though, but it's nice to be sitting here in my jammies.
December 21st, 2013, 08:50 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2M I would have been freaked out too poor girl!! Oh and Im no longer 20/20 either

SOme days are just ment to be 'jammmie' day!!!

Been a crzy week and its only getting crazier. Will be leaving again here tomorrow for the beach! We are all feeling sick except DH. COlds and coughs! ugg for me the worst part is watery eyes , smearing my eye makeup!

I am on double doses of pain meds for my back because it has given in!! ouch!! and I can only take my full dose of muscle relaxers at night because they make me so tired and things. I hope all this clears before tomorrow when we leave.
December 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM
The beach will fix everything! The noses, the throats and the back. Feel better soon.

Getting ready to do advent and put everyone to bed. Then more tv and finish wrapping the last presents. I may take the kids out tomorrow night to see lights in a park in the big city. Still don't know what we are doing for Christmas Eve. Since we left our church, we haven't committed to another one, so I don't know where to go for Christmas Eve services. Maybe çhick fil a for shakes and more lights instead of church this year.
MIL2lissy8 and AmiraX4 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search