I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2196Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
RON BURGANDY...I LOVE YOU !!!!!

Just came back from seeing ANCHORMAN 2! pretty funny!!!! I love that guy he is an awesome actor.
December 22nd, 2013, 12:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DS17 saw that friday night, he's been talking about it all day.

I fell asleep on the couch earlier and woke up with my hair attached to my nose ring, of course I didn't realise this until I pulled on my hair so now my nose has been bleeding for the past two hours. I'm grumpy.

Last edited by cybele; December 22nd, 2013 at 12:45 AM.
December 22nd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OUCH!

I'm not even sure if I ever saw the first anchorman. I usually don't think comedies are funny(not sure what that says about me). We watched SNL last night, and it was early 90's funny.

FW, even if you don't go to church this year, I hope you find a new church home in the next year.

I have somehow conned myself into thinking that things are going to be somewhat laid back around here for me. Then I started thinking about the gifts that still needed wrapping, a food plan, bills that have to be made out and paid, and, and, and. So I may have to settle for staying in my jammies a little longer each morning, but that's good too.

I do like Christmas, but I'm always a little relieved when it's January 1st again.
December 22nd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cybele, ouch my DD's done that a few times.

#5 I'm not a comedy fan either. I tend to find the humor..lacking, boring, typical. However I did like the Hangover 1&2.

I still have to finish shopping but we've snowed which means I don't drive. I think it will get finished tomorrow, the husband has a doctors appointment so I'll have him take me in early and finish it up then. Talk about taking it to the wire
December 22nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one last gift to wrap. It is a dry erase calendar you hang on the wall for #1. Did all wrapping fri and sat night and some how missed that. It might rain tonight so my trip to the park for the lights will be put off. I'm with #5, I love Christmas and it is so much better with my mom NOT here. But I'm looking forward to dec 26, cleaning up the stuff, and being done with it. Starting jan 1 I'm on a serious diet. I want to lose 50 pounds by next Christmas. That's my goal for the year.
UrbanMomma likes this.
December 22nd, 2013, 08:09 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
OOh man lovvvvved Hangover too.....

Back is letting up a bit today, now to get started with this day..lool....

Have a great week and safe holidays!
December 22nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we went to church last night so i got to sleep in this morning...till 9:30a.m.!! that is a world record, even though i did wake a few times to potty in the night. it sure felt good to get rested.

we are almost 98% done with our shopping. i just have to get a small gift for 5 of my grown kids and of course my DH. i am going to include a gift card with each small gift so they can eat out or do something. they are getting the short stick this season but hey, they have been uber spoiled their whole lives long, so its time to shift the focus of gifts to the little grand-kids now. and trust me -- i took very good care of all the littles!

oh yeah - and buy christmas eve dinner fixings. forgot about that. better send a memo out.
mom2many2010 likes this.

~~terre~~
December 22nd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Um..I love comedies, lol! But I love to laugh and can find humor in just about anything.
I want to see Anchorman 2 so bad! I really don't think there's much better than being in the theater during a Will Farrel movie. Everyone is usually rolling!
December 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Beach plans canceled!
December 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Oh no! How disappointing! I'm sorry.

I'm so annoyed. I bought stew meat to make this awesome soup I made the other day (but the girls threw the leftovers away! But that is another annoyed post, but I'm trying to get over it, so haven't talked about it.) so I went to get it out of the freezer because I decided to make it for lunch tomorrow because my inlaws are coming over and though they won't eat with us (I think they think we are unsanitary, but that is another another annoyed post) I thought it would be a simple way to make lunch and dinner. Anyway, I go to get it and can't find it anywhere! Not the big freezer, not the fridge freezer, not the fridge, not the pantry, not the van. I know I checked to make sure the buggy was empty. So the only answer is the stupid chick who didn't want to be bagging groceries didn't put it in the buggy. It's on the receipt by golly! Now I have to get up and out early to go back to the store to get more meat. So annoyed.
December 22nd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry Amira!

FW I've had that happen a ton, and since I live so far away I consider it a loss, or it's Ben left in the vehicle in the middle of summer. In the winter no biggy, in the summer I become pissed offs

I had to out Coles glasses on to write this lol. Next month I'm gonna have to go to the eye doctor. No way around it now haha

Lupan came and took the little ones to go see some Christmas lights, it's a three block radius or something like that so I'm sitting here watching my all time favorite movie The Sound of Music, not the remake with Carrie Underwood, the real thing yay!
December 22nd, 2013, 07:22 PM
I'm watching that too! And this is the first time on our ginormous tv. The colors, the scenery, just everything. It is brand new again! I'm so loving it. It is like the only happy tradition from my childhood and this is just so much better!
December 22nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I can't even remember how old I was when I first saw it or where. It's not from my mom though so I'm thinking my grandma. Lupan came in, saw it, and made a face cause he hated how I used to make them watch it....make them? I put it on tv, they chose to watch it LMBO!
December 23rd, 2013, 12:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hahaha. DS17 came home from being somewhere with his friends remarkably chipper. Didn't question it but about an hour after he got home DD14 was on the computer and called me over, turns out that DD14 'follows' one of DS17's friends on tumblr and there was a lovely little entry there on the topic of my apparently quite romantic son asking this friend out. We have agreed to not let him know that we read what we did.
I am curious to see how long it takes him to tell us that he and Rebecca are going out though.

But I really just want to pinch his cheeks and call him a sweetheart.
MIL2lissy8 and AmiraX4 like this.
December 23rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
Sweet. I love teens.

It's raining. I have to go get the meat. I guess I can't complain to much. Just still so annoyed by the whole thing.
December 23rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Soups on, house is (relatively) clean. Inlaws can come anytime.

#2 has this art teacher. She is super sweet, oldest of 6 herself. Financially independent because of a lawsuit her husband worked on in the 80s made him millions. Anyway, she has gone crazy buying presents for all my kids. All of them. She said she is working out frustrated not being a grandma feelings. Her son is 24, not married, but soon he will be ready. Her husbands two daughters from his first marriage don't have a relationship with them. So I get the benefit of their dysfunctional family!
December 23rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Better than seven inches of snow to go get that meat in?
Lazy plow drivers leave like 3' on each side of our road unplowed too. Seriously... don't even talk to me about how they have to work nights and weekends etc etc. SO DID I. I didn't throw the **** tomatoes in with the apples and call it a day did I?? No..

I like comedies too. They called adam sandler an overpaid actor, I enjoy 99% of his movies. Spanglish was stupid. How about ALL of them are over paid? Only some of them are overpaid to make stupid movies about glittery vampires. I like sarcastic bad offensive humor, but that's my personality. Probably why every thing in life can be narrated with a family guy quote.

Chiro for the kids this evening, then we are going to go see christmas lights hopefully. I think I'll give weston two naps today maybe so that he can be up to go with us. Or maybe I'll switch his car seat to forward facing, that should give him a different view and he wont mind being in the van.
I have all the presents wrapped too, I don't think I missed one, but I should go check. We just have the four things for each kid, then two santa presents each (from the christmas assistance thing) then one gift for all of them, which Rob worked on some dude's car for.
My mom is giving us cash for Christmas instead of the giftcards she was going to do, so that I can pay November rent. Would be nice to buy some stuff for me from walmart or whatever, but I wont have anywhere to put it if we are homeless.

I DID get two xmas gifts, we got a new stove, (don't have to pay for it til February, so we'll make like one payment then have taxes back and pay off the rest of it in one chunk) and a wife of one of Rob's work dudes makes chocolates so he always buys those for me each year. Mint, raspberry, and burbon truffles.

I just am in a bit of a funk because Rob physically works 100+ hours every pay period, but we don't make enough for him to even feel like he can buy himself something, even something cheap. I don't need anything.. What do I buy as a 'treat'? the 'expensive' fabric softener?? A cute outfit for the baby?? yeah that's about it. He wants a $10 pole for icefishing, he has to feel guilty about it. Yet the neighbor can pout about not getting a $3-500 camera on FB and people buy it for her.

I wasn't even kidding about the friend tax thing that I posted. Hah!

I do have to say thank you to this 'friend' of ours Ben who was going to give us a free kitchen from his kids. They got divorced and the kids has three toy kitchens. Anyway I don't even really like the guy, he's got no sense of humor, always corrects me on stuff even in my own house.. He went to pick up one of the toy kitchens and said that he wouldn't even let his own kids play with it, it was disgusting. SO he turns around and goes and buys my kids a brand new one and even assembled it. Maybe he's trying to make it up to me lol.. I'm the only one who's not real fond of him. I didn't expect that at all.

December 23rd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
there's an interesting video on youtube called "how wealth is distributed in the US" and the inequality there is.
There's definetly that, but I also see that around here, because there's so many well paying jobs that our standards are the problem. In the end I am really thankful for all the years we scraped by, it taught me a lot.

Awesome about the free kitchen Repti and the gifts FW!!
December 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not angry at the ones who work for their money. I'm angry at the ones that *I* pay the bills for, yet they have every one of their wants met. When in life to I get to have wants??

Guess I'll just have another baby, that can be my new toy lol

December 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Love it FW!

Repti I think everyone feels that way at some point. The kitchen thing sounds awesome!

I learned why my husband has only gone Xmas shopping with me only one other time, oye, I'm glad he drove bit his patience level is worse then a 2 year old, but I am finally done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search