I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2091Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't really ever get anything I ever want. I gave up being mad about it a long time ago and just stay content with what I have. We have enough, more than others, so it's all good.

I am not a big comedy fan because I never find it that funny. I am really not a movie fan because they just aren't real. I like movies that could actually, or DID actually happen.

Sorry you had to go back out for stew meat, FW. Thanks for the Christmas card. It was the only one I liked.

Tomorrow is the last day of Peak.....THANK FREAKIN GOODNESS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made Christmas reindeer cookies with the kids. We wrapped most of the presents. I bought my drivers I load for little boxes of candy for Christmas.

I want to lose weight for the new year too. 50 lbs would be good. I want to be a hot gramma.
#12 is on the way
December 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are a hot grandma! One of my bffs from high school won a fitness contest. It was a 10 week thing. She lost 15 pounds, doubled her sit ups, but IMHO her boobs are a lot smaller. Anyway, she won and got a $1000 prize! I'm very proud of her. I would never have tried.

Inlaws are gone. My soup was good. Their presents to the kids were fabulous. Everyone had a nice visit. It was so warm here I had the air on yesterday and today. It is cooling off though.
#5in2005 and AmiraX4 like this.
December 23rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ive never seen Sound of Music.

Us girls made like a gazillion friendship bracelets!! And just finished a batch of homemade Mounds bars or Bounty whatever you call them. yummm...staying home didnt turn out so bad after all.

Glad things turned out well FW sounds like a great evening.
December 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You HAVE to see the Sound of Music (with Julie Andrews...not the new live version)...so good!

Merry Christmas!!! (Eve technically) I hope everyone has a great holiday!!! (and because we're moms...hang in there, it's almost over! lol)
December 24th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Why can't I sleep?
December 25th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy holidays ladies.

I'm exhausted. It's 9:30pm on Christmas Day here at the moment. I spent most of the day with MIL, DIL and DD14 at the community center serving Christmas lunch to the homeless/needy. It's very sadhow many are elderly people with no one to spend today with.

Spent the evening at MIL's house, we don't do Christmas but we have 'family day' instead, it's just nice having the whole extended family under one roof.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
December 25th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Why am I up now?
December 25th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm up and the kids are atill snoozing
December 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
up, two cups of coffee, gifts opened, still in pj's, just chillin. it has been wonderful. i am so excited -- my daughter got me an origami owl locket and chain with charms that are meaningful to me! love it!!

~~terre~~
December 26th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Unlike years past, and urbanmomma, I don't have the frenzied need to clean up all Christmas decorations. I'm going to do it, it is for the best, but I don't feel like if I don't do it, I will have to kill someone. I think it is from not having my mom here for two years. It sounds awful, but I feel so much better. This Christmas was awesome, calm, but exciting, peaceful, but thrilling. The kids were precious, excited but thankful, thrilled but happy. The only negative was my aunt calling me out on fb for not talking to my dad. And that was nearly nothing. A perfect end to a pretty good year.
MIL2lissy8 and cybele like this.
December 26th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cleaning can always wait.
I have a little sign in my kitchen that one of my kids got me for mothers day 10 or so years back that reads "a clean home is the sign of a wasted life". My mother has expressed her extreme dislike of yhat sign many times
December 26th, 2013, 08:31 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Dh rebooked reservations for the next 5 days!! So off we go, we are all feeling better except him! his turn now
December 26th, 2013, 02:34 PM
birthday...christmas...now planning another birthday, AHHHHHH!!! It seemed like such a good idea at the time!!
December 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I cleaned up Christmas on Christmas night. Everything was put up by 4:30.

Marquay's 5th bday is tomorrow. Isaac will be 19 on Jan 6th. Laliyaah and Elijaah's bday's are Feb 3rd and 5th. Then one bday in March, April, May and June. LOL

Isaac asked his girlfriend to marry him today, so he now has a fiancee.

Back to work tomorrow.....apparently UPS sucks. LOL. We didn't get everything delivered.
Momtothe6thpower likes this.
#12 is on the way
December 26th, 2013, 04:15 PM
You got everything here on time. I have been following that story a little bit and it leaves me wondering if people didn't wait too close to the very last minute this time. Ups and fed ex have never missed a deadline with us. And we are in the sticks. In any case, it wasn't your fault!

Got all our Christmas cleaned up. 95% of our cleaning issues is we have no place to put stuff. Only a few shelves, a toy box type thing. But I have taken over some space for all my co op work. We have more paper from co op in 12 weeks that I have for homeschooling for 5 years before that!
UrbanMomma likes this.
December 26th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah, not much storage here either.
#12 is on the way
December 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Have fun Amira, and hope the hubby feels better soon!

My stuff will stay up until at least Jan 1st. Last year I didn't take it down till almost Feb, I was thinking of start a trend and creating a Valentines tree lol

FW, that how it is here. No space for everything. I have a kitchen gadget addiction and a house not big enough to support it lol

I love UPS, we got our last present on Christmas Eve. I mean honestly I understand some peoples frustrations, but since so much of the issue was weather related it's not like you can really blame UPS or Fed Ex.

Today we took back the xbox I bought (used, larger memory). After 3 hours with Microsoft the conclusion was it couldn't be fixed. It had a pass code on it, no biggy if it was set at a higher rating, but the kids couldn't play anything. We got the exchange and finally the kids Christmas is complete. It was sad cause most of what we bought was wrapped around the xbox, even though we have one its almost completely out of space.

Other then that it was a success.
December 26th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
saw that on the news too. I thought of you.
I also think of you whenever my friend mentions her fat jabba the hut sister who was ******* the fedex guy during his work hours. hah.....

Donated two boys to grandpa's house for about a week.

December 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my daughter and grandson took down the tree and put the room to rights while i was out this morning. so glad thats done! aside from a good workout at the gym, my day was totally unproductive. and it felt good...

~~terre~~
December 26th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I think I'll take my stuff down tomorrow.

Each of my kids received a tablet this year from a family member...it's like a completely different house now. It's so quiet! Of course, I was the one with the brilliant idea to give one of them a microphone so every once in a while I get a nice loud reminder that they still exist, lol!

Anyone have big plans for the new year?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search