I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2354Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I'll take my stuff down tomorrow.

Each of my kids received a tablet this year from a family member...it's like a completely different house now. It's so quiet! Of course, I was the one with the brilliant idea to give one of them a microphone so every once in a while I get a nice loud reminder that they still exist, lol!

Anyone have big plans for the new year?
December 27th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So the good news is that I didn't gain any weight the last week. I have felt yucky all week, but not so bad that I can't function. I'm going to keep on pretending today, I have guests coming over tonight. I'm thinking that by the time I feel better it'll hit the others in my family.

All in all we did have a nice Christmas, and hope you all did too.

Enjoy your quiet house Cortney (for as long as it lasts lol).
December 27th, 2013, 02:52 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hot plans for New Years Eve..... Ice cream sundaes and movies with the kids, thats our tradition.

My husband wants to go to watch night service. If he asks again, I will go I guess. Maybe, kinda messes up the ice cream thing.
#12 is on the way
December 27th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What's night service?

We usually have a barbecue at my MIL's for NYE. I'm down to only having two kids with me for it though, DD19 is going to some club in the city, DS17 is going down the coast for a week with friends leaving monday, DD14 is going to the fireworks in the city with her friends.
I remember when they didn't have social lives and used to hang out with their parents on NYE, something tells me that it won't be long until I'm down to one kid for these things.
December 27th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I think UM means church.

We don't really do anything. I prefer sleep over watching the clock flip.
UrbanMomma likes this.
December 27th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we usually stay in -- too many drunks on the road. i sort of wish we would get invited to parties but we don't so...besides i have been going to bed so early lately that i probably couldn't handle waiting for midnight!!!

~~terre~~
December 27th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohhhhhh. I get it.
December 27th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Day 2 of no sweet tea. My head is throbbing. I'm tired. I'm cranky.
December 28th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
FW

It's snowing, it's cold, and I am blissfully happy to be sitting on my couch in my jammies and spending a whole day at home (I'm feeling peopled out).

Not a fan of NYE, we will go to church and then do the ice cream sundae thing too. We never let our kids babysit or anything, so we spend the evening together. I actually do like staying home, but there's always a few family members that try very hard to make me feel like a loser for staying home, and it always takes me some effort to not believe them.
December 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Luckily I am able to give up things that are addicting no problem. I think my body needs to be studied, because literally I have no withdrawal symptoms. lol I gave up caffeine when it started making me have anxiety. I still do chocolate and stuff with little bits of caffeine like chai tea, which is gross anyway, but if it's the only warm thing to drink, I'll drink it. That's a different story though lol

Great bread pantry today. Lots of bagels, doughnuts, some xmas cupcakes, cookies, yummy.

December 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nice Repti (on both accounts)

I'd have trouble giving up coffee.

I had fully intended to sit on my couch and be lazy all day, letting myself just do nothing, but I have the wrong personality. It's 10 am and I don't think I can sit on the couch much longer. There's things that need doing, and they can certainly wait, but apparently the laid back part of me expires at 10 am.
December 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I never had problems when I was young either, miss repti. Just you wait. And chai tea is awesome. I love it! I had some tea today's, but no more, I swear. I was almost through the caffeine headache, too. And I blew it! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
December 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yeah, church.
#12 is on the way
December 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM
#1 seems to be going through something. None of her friends have time to do anything with her and she was getting mad, hurt, irritated. Then she started hanging out with her brothers. They are planning a hunger games thing or some such. It is nice.
December 29th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
**** Repti, can I borrow your body for a bit while I attempt to quit smoking for the 20th time in my life? I'm the opposite, when something gets a hold of me it is very hard to shake.
December 29th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol I smoked for a long time when I was young. My cousin got me started when I was like 10, because it was the "cool thing" to do. In fact that was the ONLY thing I've ever been in trouble for lol I got an underage smoking fine when I was 15. My best friend and I smoked so much that we bought several things out of that Marlboro catalog that they used to have (probably still do, but I don't smoke anymore so I don't know) I quit cold turkey when I got pregnant with Noah. No issues at all.
The caffeine I just quit and never looked back. Feeling like you're going to die is enough to make you quit anything.

I like tea, I just don't like chai tea because of the flavor. I don't like anything pumpkin pie spice/clov-y flavored. I will drink herbal tea or caffeine free fruit teas.

December 29th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Now #1 is freaked out about money and has decided to join the army to go to college and medical school and then be a surgeon in the army for 7 years. Anyone have any knowledge about this? I'm not opposed to it, but would be much more in favor of my boys doing this.
December 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know someone who did that, with the Australian Defence Force so it's probably very different, but the ADF is heavily involved in disaster relief across SE Asia and Polynesia and that is the bulk of her work. She loved it and found so much meaning in what she was doing that she stayed on.
Farmers-wife likes this.
December 29th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I'm such a geek. I asked for and received a year end pay stub thing. Just did our 2013 taxes on turbo tax! Can I tell you just how much I love turbo tax online and our goofy tax laws? I am now making my list and prioritizing how to allocate the money.

It is #3's turn for braces, but I still have to harass her to get a shower and brush her teeth every few days. I think another year of maturing will do her some good. Plus, all her teeth aren't in yet. Is it wrong I want to make her wait so I can build a grilling deck for my dh?
December 29th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We adopted cat #5 today. Now I have an equal number of children and cats.

This one is strictly my cat though. She came into the shelter I volunteer at eight months ago, she is 14 so unlikely to be adopted and we share a name, only with different spellings so whenever someone called me, she came running. So we became buddies, her name became Cat-Sybil and I became known at the shelter as Human-Cybele.

We're a no kill shelter but if an animal doesn't get adopted they get moved to another shelter, aiming for a different group of people looking but I found out today which shelter she was being moved to and it is a kill shelter and she's almost 15, so you know what's going to happen.

So Cat-Sybil came home with me instead. The other cats seem to like her, no fights yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search