I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2193Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have five cats. They're pretty good together. The only problem we have will be fixed with getting one of the cats fixed. The fat siamese cat is extremely bothered when the little black cat is all crotchy. I'm waiting for her to turn around and kick her ***, but she never does.

December 30th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW, I use turbo tax also. We won't have online access to our tax forms for a couple of weeks. I don't expect we'll get very much, as more and more of our kids move out we get less and less lol, and no there is nothing wrong with having DD wait (we didn't even do them) nobody wants to be around the person with braces who doesn't take care of them...gross.

Cybele...I've been saying your name wrong all of this time .

We have cat's that need homes. I'm trying to see if Megans boyfriends parents will take them.

Not much going in here, had a hell of headache and stomachache yesterday. Came out if nowhere.

Finally have an xbox that has lasted more the 2 days. The guys just laughed last time. I told them if this one didn't work they were bringing me a new one, this driving in and out was getting old
December 30th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it actually is pronounced with the heavy belle on the end, but once you throw an Australian accent in there it it comes out the same as Sybil. I don't mind either, my fault for being a pretentious 19yr old and not 100% thinking through the name change (I also get asked if I have multiple personalities often, that gets old fast).
December 30th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bet it does! Nice on the cat saving. I'm done saving unwanted animals. We have more pets than kids and that in ridiculous! 6 dogs and 4 cats? What was I thinking? Now we are back to doing math everyday. They aren't happy with me. Co op starts in 2 weeks. They are looking forward to that.
December 30th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
cybele - what did you change from, if you don't mind sharing....,

me too! i am over and done with animals. i am taking my little doggie to the dr again today - her vomiting is not letting up and she smells all.the.time.

still haven't heard whether we have a house to move to.

~~terre~~
December 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, poor doggie.

My name was originally Margaret. I hated it, I went by Rita for most of my teenage years and I could just tolerate that, but it had to go.
December 30th, 2013, 02:28 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I usually fill out all the forms for our taxes early to see how much we will get back. This year the first day to e-file is Jan 30.

We are bbq'ing tonight. Ribs, hamburgers and hotdogs and we have baked mac n cheese with bacon.

I will try to catch up tomorrow.
#12 is on the way
December 30th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I filled out all the info and know how much we are getting back. I thought it said jan 3 to efile. We don't have state taxes either so it's easy peasy.
December 31st, 2013, 10:04 AM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...58187178,d.aWc

Government shutdown
#12 is on the way
December 31st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Nice. Well, whatever. I just needed the number. No rush. I'm cold. It is dreary here. Dark, damp, cold. These kids are super unhappy with me making them do math and reading. They have all commented on my weird kindergarten voice I have been practicing.
December 31st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always picture it sunny where you're at FW, and very green.

I'm happy it's almost tomorrow, I don't like New Years Eve but do love the beginning of january, putting away the tree, cleaning up and getting the house organized. I'm also happy not to have to see most of my family so much, because I'm at the end of my patience with my brothers and their "humor".

All in all though, 2013 has been a very very good year for us.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
December 31st, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I always thought that was the filing date, we never get our papers until the 31st, so I never paid attention. Last year was the first year they went to online W-2's which meant we could at least have it ready by the filing date.
December 31st, 2013, 03:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always try really hard not to think about all those kinds of things this time of year...

I let my oldest go babysit tonight, which I have avoided for all these years, but it was her regular place. I am regretting it, I like having them all around at midnight, awake or not.

I downloaded an app that lets you listen to radio all over the world, so i've been listening to Holland ring in the new year (4 o'clock our time). It's making me a little nostalgic.
December 31st, 2013, 03:55 PM
Usually it is but some parts of December and all of January is grey, dull, nasty, drizzly, dreary. I'm not sure why more people don't go crazy. It just feels yuck.

It has been a good year for us, too. 13 is my favorite number so I had high hopes for this year. It was good. A rare no baby year, which makes me both sad and relieved. Money is tight, but because of our frivolous habits. If we can hold on til tax time, we have a plan that will pay off the can and some odds and ends and we should be ok if we stick to it. I hope you all are immensely blessed in the new year. I love having this place to share our commonalities.

I should do that at 10pm our time and send the kids to bed.
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
December 31st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Pay off the can? Lol Is your bathroom not paid for? Haha
December 31st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Couldn't decide between car or van.
December 31st, 2013, 07:10 PM
We have plans to fix the garage into dh's barbershop. I can't handle it being in the house anymore. We also need to get the small van fixed, it needs a wheel alignment I think, and the big van needs a windshield (has a crack.)

There is a lot to do and won't be enough to get it all done. The list is longer than the money...as always. We really need a whole new bathroom and new windows in the kids rooms, living room and kitchen. The basement needs to be finished and I wish we could put in an egress window.

We need a new kitchen table and a washing machine.

The second oldest will graduate this year so we will need some money for that and he also is going to need a car to get to work. I can't keep driving everyone around.

I want to get a new swingset for the kids, and a pool, last years sprung a leak.

Yeah, like I said, too much to do with too little money.
#12 is on the way
January 1st, 2014, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get at least one or two of those things scratched off that list this year UM.

With the sale of our cows and stuff last year it gave us a chance to do quite a few of those things that were on our list for years and years already.

I hope 2014 is a great year for all of you
January 1st, 2014, 09:00 AM
Got the fafsa done for #1 this morning. She still has to do her taxes but it shouldn't change anything. .

Dh thinks he is having a heart attack. He's not. But we are at the ER. He doesn't feel good, but I think he needs a good night sleep. But pray for him. Thanks.
January 1st, 2014, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
whoa, keep us posted, FW. that is scary stuff. take it from one who has been there.

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search