I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2494Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 11:17 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far he has had an xray, EKG, is about to get blood drawn. He's fine. This is the third time we gave done this. It is every two years. I can tell because he has been drinking tea, not sleeping, and has had his gerd breath. But he doesn't believe me.
January 1st, 2014, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope your dh is okay FW, and feels better soon. Keep us posted.
January 1st, 2014, 09:57 PM
He is fine. He was fine when we got there and especially after the EKG looked fine. He gets feeling bad, then worries. Now his mind is at ease he feels better. Every two years this happens. He is sleeping happily now. But I took a nap when we got home so now I'm awake.
January 2nd, 2014, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad he's fine, and I have to lol a little....MEN!

I'm taking down my Christmas tree and decorations today. Love it all of december, and now I am so ready for all this extra stuff to be put away and clean.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 2nd, 2014, 05:57 PM
I've turned #3 into a judgmental Christmas decoration freak. She said the other day that she loves outside Christmas decorations, wants to be one of those people who goes all out outside. But on dec 26 it all comes down. If you don't you are a lazy slacker! I tried to tell her that was just me, and um, everybody else waits til jan 2 or 6, not to be so judgey!

Got a new-to-me free bunk bed today for the big girls!
January 3rd, 2014, 08:12 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I havent read back but Glad your dh is ok FW!!

Came back last night from the beach and everyone is sick AGAIN!! dh was having a cold the whole trip and not feeling well then last night as we roll in dd2 threw up and ds 4 has a high fever during the middle of night and a low one when we stopped by costco before coming home. and the cough is back for 3 of them..uuugggg what is up with this virus going around that doesnt give up??

I got some really good EVOO ...says it 'made and pressed' in italy ...not really sure I buy into all that but anyhow im excited to taste it and put in the sprayer thingy.

Hope you all rang in the new year with love and joy
January 3rd, 2014, 09:16 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Glad dh is ok, FW. My dh thought a bump on his neck, behind his ear, was cancer, it was a hair bump.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon, Amira.

I am cutting back on my computer time for this year. I won't be on as much, but will check in with everybody, I would miss you all too much. I have decided this year I am going to start trying some new things and quit being afraid.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
January 3rd, 2014, 09:29 AM
Go you! Just so you know, I filed on turbo tax today. IRS isn't processing til jan 31, but I'm in line!
January 3rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i slept in this morning till like 8:00. i am so behind schedule now....maybe its a sign to just slow down and do what needs to be done and let the rest go for the day.

still haven't received a definitive yes or no on the house. i am running out of time here----i have a whole 4 bedroom house to pack and i haven't even started yet!!! can you say 'i don't want to'? and if we move, it will be on the 20th of this month!!!!! and next week i will be enjoying the warm breezes of hawaii.

~~terre~~
January 3rd, 2014, 11:29 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Glad DH is okay, mine is that way also.

He thought the bed was old so that's what was causing his back to hurtso he threw it out, and decided to sleep on the floor, then decided that was the problem so he brought up a cot (firmer, but softer then the floor). Then thought that was the problem, so he made a pallet on the floor. Nope, his mom bought is a brand new pillow top bed and had it delivered a few days ago, and guess what? His back still bothers him. He has had a MRI and a few other test done and they found nothing, well nothing that is a concern, he just won't accept with age comes pains lol

Amira, sorry about the kids. It was like that here last year but with the stomach flu.

UM, you aren't on but once every blue moon...whatchu talkin' about takin' a break?

Terre, I'd be stressed! Probably why we've been her for almost 15 years lol

We've got nothing exciting going on. Almost all decorations are down, only the bigger tree remains. I'm in no hurry to remove it lol
January 3rd, 2014, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well to be honest, i am second-guessing the expense of the one house we are trying to get. it just seems silly to pay that much no matter how perfect the house is for us. on the other hand, i have checked a few in my old neighborhood that are two-story (thus not 'perfect' but certainly doable) and the rent on those is equal to or higher than the perfect house. so i am of mixed emotions. one house even has a pool which DH would REALLY love. what to do, what to do???

~~terre~~
January 3rd, 2014, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ok, i am going to bed early. you guys are boring today!!! snap to it and start posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~terre~~
January 4th, 2014, 07:20 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yeah, I know you can file and get on "hold." I will get to the taxes at some point in the next two weeks. I just need my money back before March 1, so I can pay my property taxes, otherwise they go downtown to Detroit with penalties.

Terre, hope you get it all worked out with the house.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
January 4th, 2014, 07:39 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Been home all day at it feels great! got the fireplace going and going to stay up late with DH to watch movie.

I cut DD1's hair today. She chopped it all of to a bobby style and I decided to try and make it shorter cus it was due for a trim. SHe inisted on me doing it so I got the clips out and did it sectionby section. It turned out really good for my 1st bob!! its even an A line cut!!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 4th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Way to go on the haircut!

I went shopping today with my younger 3 girls with my sister in law and her 3 girls to spend the gift cards they got for Christmas from my mom, it was fun.

It's very cold here again but thankfully only for another day.
January 4th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was our 22nd anniversary yesterday so DH and I went out for dinner and saw The Hobbit. Had a lovely evening. Turns out that there is such thing as vodka risotto and it is really yummy.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 5th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Congrats on the anniversary.

We lounged in bed til 11:30 today! Didn't even have sex. Just snuggled with various groupings of kids who came to say hi. Got a lot of crap sorted, organized, purged, and readied for co op to start next week, last night. Still have more planning, getting stuff in order today. Back to real work tomorrow with math, reading, And Latin for everyone!
January 5th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy Anniversary!!

Sounds like you're on a roll FW.

Just a quiet Sunday here before we get back into the swing of things tomorrow.
January 5th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a really funny thing to tell you girls but I can't say it here.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

January 5th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I am not getting JM email updates.

I've been thinking no one was on the boards. Hmm strange!

Congrats on the anni!

Today my best friends niece died. She was 24 and has a 2 year old, it was an aggressive form of ovarian cancer. I'd only met her once a few years back, but was sad to hear this. There's always something sad about someone so young. She didn't want a burial, she wants them to throw a party in a few months, once the 'shock' wears off.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search