I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1818Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You are becoming the posting queen #5, they're actually pretty interesting questions!

I have to finish Easter shopping today, and we'll dye egg's this evening. Sam's coming over for a haircut then she's going to take me. I have to run by Lupans place and get what I got the girls. Still haven't figured out the boys. I don't really go all out, but I do try to be creative and get them things they will actually use.
UrbanMomma likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 08:06 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did our Easter shopping last night (date night ) Along with baskets, plastic eggs filled with candy and assorted other candy dh chose small lego sets for the boys. I chose small stuffies for the little girls and for the teen girl we together decided on an itunes card. phew glad to have that done. We also went to a local comedy club we thought they were funny and after that we went to a dueling piano bar. The bar was empty when we got there just us and the staff, so dh had them let me play drums and of course they had to teach me because I don't have a clue how.....well I do a bit now It was fun, it was the first time dh and I have been out alone in idr how long.
Today, the yard guys are here doing some more spring cleaning and we are interviewing another potential housekeeper/childcare provider.
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
March 30th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
MIL it's not any more fun cleaning cat barf in between eating breakfast!! Ew.

I have to buy easter stuff today. A few of the kids came with me yesterday when I ran to w-mart. Waiting til Rob gets home from work at 2 to go.

I did order most of the stuff for Jayde's b-day, and got card stock to make her invites. Only $5 to make 30 invites, vs ordering them or buying pre-made ones.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

March 30th, 2013, 08:57 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well i slept in again.....until the phone rang twice at 7:30a.m. they seemed surprised that i would not be up and at em'.

so after a leisurely breakfast alone, and a ..(TMI warning)........... bloody nose that has been going on now for almost an hour (i am sure taking blood thinners doesn't help any), i must get my day started. still need to make mashed potatoes and buy little goodies for the 11 children that will be in attendance today. joel's girls contacted him yesterday afternoon and told him that they would be coming out for a while so we had to make some quick adjustments on kid items and food; no biggie though as we are glad they are going to drive out.

oh and my crystal drawer knobs arrived for the antique buffet that i bought at the rummage sale. they will look beautiful once i purchase longer screws -- the ones they came with are a little bit too short. since the whole piece is in disrepair inside and out, i am considering just fixing it the best i can, painting it a bright color like red or liberty blue and then using the knobs. thoughts???
March 30th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Hope you are feeling better. Yay for more family.
I've been watching HGTV a lot (while folding laundry) and that seems to be a new trend (well to me anyway) they take an old piece that was fabulous and paint it with a vibrant color. I've seen them do a fireplace surround twice, but one of them they re-purposed as a headboard. They have also done tables, chairs that they only paint half of the top and all kinds of end tables and cabinets.
I think we are going to be getting another new to us fridge. Our back up fridge isn't staying very cold anymore. Thankfully the freezer seems to still be working because that's where all the fish dh caught in Alaska is being stored. Shame we don't eat fish. Wish y'all were closer if you would enjoy it. I'd gladly give it to you. We are hoping to unload it on dhs brother, he's a chef.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I checked my email after I left here. There was an order confirmation from best buy for a NEW side by side to be delivered Tuesday. WOW!!!!
March 30th, 2013, 12:52 PM
^^^^ so is that good? can't tell by the crying guy. is he happy or not?
mom2many2010 likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 02:10 PM
yeah i couldnt tell either lol...

spent to much on easter. not just for kids, for dinner and my mom and brother too.

March 30th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Finished shopping. Cole got jipped, we couldn't figure out what to get him he ended up with new sandals (so he'll quit wearing Megans), BB's for his air soft and a bandanna, plus headphones. So I told him I would buy him a $10 game on his site.

I spent a bit of money, but I still do a little something for the older kids.

Sam took the littles to her house for a bit, while I get egg's boiling and the cakes going. then she'll be back for me to cut and bleach her hair.
March 30th, 2013, 05:12 PM
our family party is over, for us at least. we had 11 kids and about 16 adults. we ended up with enough food, after all. the kids enjoyed the big egg hunt and all the goodies. joel and i, on the other hand, are pooped out so we left and came home. i realized that we have a lot of kids and a LOT of grandkids - the chaos wears me out. plus it was hot today.

time for a rest and then ,,,well i don't know what after a rest.

ETA: tomorrow is early church and then a day for just us. no specific plans but i am sure we will figure out something to do. its supposed to rain i heard so that may make going for a drive a little difficult.
March 30th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Loaded and cleaned more of my friends house. I have the stuff to go to goodwill lined up in the hallway. How on earth did I have that much stuff? Went on a trip down memory lane going through baby books, boxes and clothes. My baby turned 1, started walking and holding herself/drinking out of a regular cup today. My oldest will be 17 on Wednesday, wants to take her boyfriend (?!) to the springs. Where did the time go? I am not at all amused by these events.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone. He died and rose again!
March 30th, 2013, 07:19 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I just bought all the Easter goodies today (along with crossing all kinds of stuff off my list for baby). Each of the girls will get a DVD and some candy. We'll do an egg hunt, too, but usually hubby hides them while we're at church. This year, he has to work so that's not happening. Still not sure how those eggs are going to get hidden!!!

March 31st, 2013, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't do easter baskets/gifts so that's easy.

We're off to church and then having dinner at my house. That way we don't have to pick where to go, so inlaws and my parents are coming over and my brother and sister, there will be 10 guests.

Have a great day everyone. He is risen!!!
March 31st, 2013, 07:32 AM
Sorry, yes tearfully happy, that it's something I hopefully won't have to worry about for years.

We did the baskets and dh hid a ton of eggs in the yard for them to find. Magical morning for them...and me. We still have nephew's birthday to celebrate. He was actually born on Easter Sunday 11 years ago.
Happy Easter Everyone.
mom2many2010 likes this.
March 31st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Happy easter everyone. May today be filled with Jesus (or candy, whichever you prefer lol).

Jayde's b-day is typically pretty close to easter too. It's really early this year. Her 36th b-day will be on easter lol
mom2many2010 likes this.

March 31st, 2013, 09:50 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Easter!! The kids found all their goodies this morning and we are now fighting them for the candy, lol! It's a pretty day so we are going to do some outdoor activities later before we have out dinner.

My foster puppy may end up going to New York!!
March 31st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dinner went well, but I ate too much.

I am going to milk the cows with dh, since it's the last evening milking. weird.
March 31st, 2013, 06:11 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow. That will be a big change. Keep us updated on what you do.

Almost done moving stuff back. Need to move the washer and dryer. It is starting to get old going over there every day for that.
April 1st, 2013, 06:24 AM
Yeah that would suck. I take in house laundry for granted I guess.
My brother had to leave early yesterday to go do laundry at the laundromat. That has to really suck.
Bedding day, regular cleaning and I have to go to the store. Rob is off today and tomorrow. Tomorrow kids go back to school, and we are cleaning the hallway out. It's a big cluster right now. Yuck.

April 1st, 2013, 07:19 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hope everyone had a great Easter!

#5 I ate to much also.

Doing a birthday and Easter together made for a long day (for the momma), but the kids had a lot of fun. Vanna was spoiled, Her favorite presents were the seat belt belt that Sam got her, a guitar from her grandma and a cork board thing from Megan that she get's to color. We all laughed at my crooked cake. I know what I did wrong to begin with but everything I did to correct the mistake failed. It tasted great though lol

I'm hoping Sam's car is done soon, this being stuck at home thing is getting really old, really fast! Hub's was up at 2 am cleaning out the garden and burning, he couldn't sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search