I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2107Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2014, 01:16 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
sorry about your friends niece. It is sad when it is someone so young, and more so when they have small children.

Couldn't make it to work this am. Can't even egt out of my driveway, which knew last night would happen. Of course work will be pissy about it. oh well. What do they want me to do...walk??

Thought I would get some time with the hubby, but, no, Canaan is up. ughhhhh. We are trying to get him to go to sleep now....not working.
#12 is on the way
January 6th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is sad about the young woman. Ovarian cancer is a *****!

Um, I'm sorry you got snowed in! We were wondering how other things get done in that amount of snow. Do pizza delivery guys go out? Flower deliveries? Repair guys? How does ups get their stuff out?
January 6th, 2014, 08:11 AM
I just had a spit flying fit at everyone. I don't think I'm cut out to be a homeschool mom.
January 6th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, I've been laughing at your FB updates. How long is the cold snap supposed tos tick around?

FW, you're more then cut out for it...look at your oldest! Mine are putting up a fight. The break is nice but does make it hard to get them back into the swing of things.
January 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
didn't get the house. bummer. but i am packing for hawaii so i am not gonna worry about it.

~~terre~~
January 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
bummer about the house, but nothing like a trip to Hawaii to get your mind off of it.

It's always sad to hear someone has lost their battle with cancer, and even more so when they're much much too young.

Sometimes those kinds of fits are just the thing to get everyone to pay attention and get that you really do mean it.

I'm enjoying my quiet house and getting a lot of stuff done.
January 6th, 2014, 09:32 PM
It's too cold for this Florida girl again. But my alma mater Florida state university just won the college Super Bowl, so that's nice. I have to say it cracks me up to read all this "my team" crap from people who never took the first class at the university. I just don't get how they care so much. I don't really care and I graduated from there.
January 8th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that's people for you....it's like everyone suddenly had a close relationship with someone that passed away. Or, friending someone on fb because they are sick/had a spouse or child die/etc.

I painted 2 walls in dd's room yesterday. I had painted the room brown as per nephews request when he moved in, and when he moved out 6 months later I decided it wouldn't hurt #4 and #5 to keep sharing a room, even though they both hate it, but now I'm getting the room ready for her to move back up. I used 2 colors of paint I had left over from years ago and mixed them together, and the color turned out quite nice (it's light blue). I have to paint the trim and then put a new floor in. I've had the carpet ripped out since november, so it's about time I get around to doing this.
January 8th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I have two fb friends for those reasons. I should out a bag over my head!

Cabaret opens next week. Should be a good show. I hope people come.
January 8th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
fw, I think it's just you and me in here....and I didn't post a few times in here because I didn't want to be the only one posting.

I hope the show does great!!

Dh is on a date with #4. The year they turn 11 he goes skiing with them for a day in the mountains. Always a big hit with the kids and with their dad too. He's sad he's only got one more kid to go with after this one.
January 8th, 2014, 05:08 PM
That's sweet!

I I think we did this a year or so ago, too. It was just you and me or me and someone back and forth for awhile. Ok. I like you.

I had the house to myself got an hour. Put 5-9 to bed while 1-4 were at the theater with their dad. Then 2&4 came home. Now I don't have the house to myself.
January 8th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just came in here to say hello to you FW

Having the house to yourself is probably something that rarely happens to you!

My mom is turning 65. I want to do something fun for her birthday with my sisters and sister in laws. I should have prepared myself for hassle it is to plan stuff with other people.
January 8th, 2014, 06:32 PM
That is nice of you. How many planners are there? I wanted my sister and I to throw my moms next wedding. But sis said no.
January 8th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Waves hi!

Good luck with Caberet!
January 9th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Did anyone start any new fitness goals for the new year? I'm thinking about doing a 100 days of working out challenge.
January 9th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OK. Planning turned out to be relatively easy once everyone got over themselves.

We are going dogsledding.

There will be a big party later this year, mom is turning 65, dad 70 and it's their 45th wedding anniversary later this year.

I'm sure this happens to you ladies too: everything is relatively calm and the next thing you know you're in utter chaos. Everything was so peaceful a few days ago and I cannot believe what has appeared on my calendar in the past day or 2.
January 10th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Oh the blood curdling screams this morning from the 3&4 yos. You would have thought a serial killer was here. But no, it was about blocks or bears or something.

Taking #1 back to Victoria secret because the bra we ordered came in wrong. The other we ordered was deleted for no reason given. So I told her we would go, but she needs to pick out something they have there and be done with it.
January 10th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, Cortney, I'm supposed to be running 10K in June, so we'll see. I haven't been feeling great, so this working out thing isn't quite working for me. Let us know how it goes for you, when are you starting?

What a nuisance FW! Maybe you should pick up a little something there for yourself if you're there anyways

I just spent the morning cutting hair. It totally beats having a real job on so many levels.
Momtothe6thpower likes this.
January 10th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A 10k! That's awesome!! I hope you start feeling better!

I'm thinking of starting the 100 days challenge Feb 1st but I'm still working out until then. Just not everyday

I've really gotten into reading lately! Anyone have any awesome book suggestions?
January 10th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I did! Then came home and modeled it for the dh. He was impressed! I told him since he is playing for cabaret watching all these scantily clad dancers I needed to be able to compete. He said "yeah but one is my daughter and the rest are hideous, so you don't have to work too hard!"
#5in2005 likes this.

« Why | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search