I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2316Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I cracked up laughing at "and the rest are hideous".

I just walked past my 17yr old's room and his sisters and SIL were all piled on him and going "awww" and he was screaming "Why do I have so many sisters? Go away!"
I don't know what that's about but I don't really want to know.
January 12th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like love.

Waiting for dh, 1,2,&3 to leave for play practice. Chaos is happening right now. 7&I cleaned up the girls room yesterday and made a huge pile of stuff that was on the floor. I told them anything left will be gotten rid of when they leave. I'm not even kidding.
January 12th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Why am I not getting freaking email notifications from this place?!

Poor kids, so much love lol

I do the same with toys, I figure if they don't dig them out they must not really want it to begin with.

I have felt like crap all week.
January 12th, 2014, 10:34 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
football. I love football.
#12 is on the way
January 12th, 2014, 10:53 AM
My poor husband does too. Only he had to be a play practice for both games yesterday and today. He got home for the second half of the second game yesterday, so maybe he will get to see some today also, as they started earlier today.

I agreed to take over our co op for next school year. I'm sitting here thinking of things and realizing there is so much to arrange, like money, who cleans the bathroom, what curriculum to use for each age/subject. I'm starting to freak out a little.
January 12th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a lot of organizing!

UM, you can watch all the football for both of us.

Feel better M2M.

I am sitting on the couch listening to my kids clean up the kitchen. I cooked and had #3 empty the dishwasher and stuff before dinner and so the rest are cleaning up.
January 12th, 2014, 02:11 PM
My boys are cleaning the kitchen right now, too. It is 5:15pm here. The sun is supposed to go down in 30 minutes. I'm planning 6:00 bed times for a lot of kids!
January 12th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I hate football.

I wished my kids would clean the kitchen.....my way.

I'm tired.

I don't envy you that extra work FW.
January 13th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just had dinner with our 17yr old's girlfriend's parents, as per their conditions of the two of them dating. Slightly old fashioned but I can appreciate that.

It was a lovely meal. I may leave it that...
January 13th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Oh you are going to have to tell us more than that.

I just got an email from a lady canceling a meeting we had that I completely forgot about and had scheduled another meeting at the same time! So thankful!
January 13th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Agreed, we want to know more!

Phew FW

Before my kids actually start cleaning the kitchen I tell them it has to be to my standards. I didn't last week and I called them all back to finish the job, even though they felt they were done. Only takes another minute to do the job well.

We're getting a pile of snow again, had to drive the kids to school after I got the call the school bus was stuck and then did some shoveling. I am enjoying my very quiet house. I have a big to-do list so it's nice to have a stretch of time to get to it, though I'm sure I won't get it all done.
January 13th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Dinner with the parents? Yeah, not sure I'd be up for that one. I'm not dating the girl or her parents, although I wouldn't be opposed to some coffee.

FW, I had the opposite. I completely forgot that Aiden had a reading assessment and only discovered it by accident. He always does so bad, ad while his reading is behind he does a lot better at home. I think it's cause he knows its a test, even though we've told him it's not.

#5 enjoy the quite, right now I'm wishing mine went to traditional school also. They are so full of piss and vinegar, and I'm being nice. Probably doesn't help that I still feel like crap and have a headache.
January 13th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Dinner with the parents? Yeah, not sure I'd be up for that one. I'm not dating the girl or her parents, although I wouldn't be opposed to some coffee.

FW, I had the opposite. I completely forgot that Aiden had a reading assessment and only discovered it by accident. He always does so bad, ad while his reading is behind he does a lot better at home. I think it's cause he knows its a test, even though we've told him it's not.

#5 enjoy the quite, right now I'm wishing mine went to traditional school also. They are so full of piss and vinegar, and I'm being nice. Probably doesn't help that I still feel like crap and have a headache.
January 13th, 2014, 10:52 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Finally was able to pick up my minivan from the shop. They had to jump it to get it started. Need a new battery now. Our helper is supposed to do that today Dh is leaving town again tomorrow. There was a death in our extended family close to dh so idk if he will reschedule or change his plans to attend funeral.
January 13th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Never a dull moment mommy!

mom2many, I sure hope whatever it is you have is gone soon, seems like you've been feeling crummy for long enough now.

Yeah, I don't know about the whole meeting the parents thing. Seems to me more like something you do once it seems like the relationship could be more of a permanent one.

It stopped snowing.

Never a dull moment mommy!

mom2many, I sure hope whatever it is you have is gone soon, seems like you've been feeling crummy for long enough now.

Yeah, I don't know about the whole meeting the parents thing. Seems to me more like something you do once it seems like the relationship could be more of a permanent one.

It stopped snowing.
January 13th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to play nice with them for DS' s sake. Also, I like Chinese food and that's where they suggested.

I just felt like at one point we were a bit of a joke, I get that we are a tad more unconventional than most, but there are ways of asking questions and still being respectful, and you know what, some questions such as "I don’t get it, if you had so many sisters why did your parents give you a girls name?" don't need to be asked by adults (particularly ones from our own generation as Ashley was a very popular boys name in the 60s-70s in Australia, it's still used as a boys name here).
It just got a bit silly.
January 13th, 2014, 04:30 PM
That's rude. Every so often one of my kids will make fun of a name (here in private, not to the person) and I get on to them about the name being the first thing parents give their baby. It is special and precious. Except ann.

Everyone is gone or in bed. TV is on, m&ms beside me, Jammie's on. Life is good!
~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.
January 13th, 2014, 06:24 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I like the name ashely for a boy! or a girl really. I always wanted an ashely or sophia but just never fit.

Im hoping and praying we over this sick crap""!! uuuugg...Had a huge party of Friday that I cooked for, it was for families and some large families ( got to meet a few new families ) Most of us mommies brought something,

I dont eat food that other people cook UNLESS I know them and know what kind of condition their kitchen is in always . not saying its right but thats me, but I cant stand when people bring food like boxed pizza???? or packaged cupcakes???? anyhow just a vent.

The homework load of DS4 and DD1 quad-droupled ! not good timing.
January 14th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish it would be done snowing here! Though we did get to walk both to and from school yesterday.

Also, I put a pie in the oven, or the bat has flown the cave, or whatever code word we're supposed to use.

January 14th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Are you saying you are pregnant?! Congratulations!

We have a tired cast, crew, and band here. The shouting and whining is getting comical. My meeting went well with the other director yesterday. She is amazing and has quite a following of actors and audience. I'm not sure, though, that if we bring her here to do a show for us that she will use our people. I'm just not sure how that will work out. But I guess it might be worth it to find out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search