I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2494Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL no, not very plausible yet.

The private forum.

Isn't that the problem you had with your other director? She replaced the black girl actor with another black girl actor who wasn't as good?

January 14th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I thought you literally meant a pie in the oven. I was wondering what kind lol

Amira I'll eat anywhere. When I cook all counters are cleaned down, even if I did it 5 minutes ago and my kitchen has to be vacuumed. I always worry about stray pet hair...can't guarantee my hair, but I can guarantee there won't be any animal lol

The husband is out duck hunting, and I need to go through Coles' math lessons. He needs so much help I have to sit right beside him from beginning to end.
January 14th, 2014, 10:43 AM
that's the part of homeschool I wouldn't be able to do. Every day would end in tears for a few of the kids, they need to be taught by someone who knows what they are doing.

No real pie either. I hate pie actually. I did make Amish cinnamon bread yesterday though. I am going to make more before the weekend to send with friends when they come on Saturday. It's not the best for you, has 1 cup of butter, and two 2/3 cups sugar in the two loaves that come from the batter.

January 14th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are days I count up how many kids cry.

Our director used a really great black actor instead of our good enough actor. I fully expect each director to cast the show as best as possible. But not go looking for others once she made the final list. But fine. It is over. Our director said she wants us to take a break this next year. We think she doesn't get to make that choice so I am looking for another director to do a show or two for us.

I'm writing a grant to pay for it. If we get it, which is doubtful, I would get to go to Washington, D.C. To receive the grant and award from the First Lady! Wouldn't that be awesome!?!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 15th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
nothing ventured nothing gained FW.

I wouldn't do very good in the patience department with homeschooling.

It's been such a weird winter weather wise, tons of snow, extreme temperatures either way, which makes for a thick layer of ice on top of roofs plus the snow, which has resulted in about 6 barn roofs collapsing in the past week. Now everyone is clearing off the roofs of their houses.

I am putting a new floor in dd's room today, I want to get this project done and over with.

Dh and I are going on a date tonight, to a concert (the band Perry).
UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.
January 15th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh do tell us about the concert!! bet you have fun!!!

I am happy to be home but boy I loved it over there, rain and all. such a lovely place to visit but I could never live on an island. I like to get up and go too much to just be able to drive in a circle all the time.

can I just say that I love mai tai's? I was going to be brave and try a 'turbo mai tai' but didn't. the bartender actually poured me a double and I didn't realize it so I ordered another later. again it was a double. and they were all shocked that I was still sober. let's just say that within an hour I had taken a shower that I still don't remember and then went to bed....at like 5pm!!!! but I slept great.

so much to tell....will write blogs this week.
#5in2005, UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.

~~terre~~
January 15th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Glad you're back!

Got my tooth fixed today. But my bottom tooth seems to be hitting the back of the fixed tooth. How long do I wait to see if I get used to it?
January 16th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i'd call and ask about it -- don't want to ruin the finished work.

~~terre~~
January 16th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Wouldn't hurt to ask, but usually a week to get adjusted when there's dental work.

Glad you had a GREAT time Terre!

I forgot to tell you guys what my MIL heard in Walmart a few days ago...

Woman to DD: Go grab us some potatoes and onions, but make sure they smell like dirt, and not the wetbacks that pick them.

I thought she was lying but Ted confirmed it, although he said he didn't know what the term meant......

Getting school work done. I've discovered Aiden is awesome at math, and severely lacks in reading. There isn't a math concept he doesn't pick up within 2 seconds of being shown it. I've doubled up his math work just so he's challenged.
January 16th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've gone back and just gotten a tooth just filed down a little.

How great that he excels in math, its so nice for their confidence!

I had a terrific date with DH! It seems like our married life was a lot of work for a while there (nothing dramatic, just married life) and we're out of that for now, so it's just good. So it's nice to have gone on a date without getting into a fight first

I never said a word about it before we left, but my #2 had the kitchen spotless when we got home, so that was very nice.
~mommy~ and Farmers-wife like this.
January 16th, 2014, 03:27 PM
She wanted the veggies to smell like dirt, and not overwhelming amounts of AXE body spray? j/k, maybe that was just as bad as what she intended to say

Went for my physical today, now I just have to call and get my money lol

January 16th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Haha, only problem with that thought is that out here EVERY male wears Axe.
January 17th, 2014, 12:46 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
m2m ----how many ducks did your dh come home with?

repti hope your pies turned out well.

must have been a great concert.

axe????? yuk!
January 17th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
He came home with, I think, 20 or so.

When all of the kids lived at home it smelled like an Axe factory lol

So Sam called me and told Megan and her boyfriend broke up. I'm not supposed to know though. Is it bad that part of me is doing a happy dance?
~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.
January 17th, 2014, 03:28 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I dont know but Keep dancing because moms usually know whats better and whats not! Any secrect plans on helping her mend that broken heart?

I did something reallly reallly stupid ( well thats not breaking news ) but anyhow I put baby D in the highchair while I did something in the kitchen real quick thinking it would be a second so I did not seatbelt her in and quicker than super glue dries DD2 comes up from behind and pushes the chair into the dining table and off came the tray and then down fell baby!!

She is ok but I will do that again without her seatbelt even for 1 second. scary!
January 17th, 2014, 03:32 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Glad you had a good time Terre.

Ducks??

Axe=man soap here.

Did you call about the tooth?

Enjoy the concert.

If I missed anything sorry.

Oh wow, glad the baby is okay. That would be very scary!!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
January 17th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I forgot to buckle a baby once, before they put the hump thing between the legs on the newer high chairs. Mine just slipped out the bottom though lol

UM, the husband had gone duck hunting.

I'm not supposed to know they broke up. Sam called me and gave me a heads up, so I have to actually wait until she tells me before I can say or do anything. Poor Sam's boyfriend was upset that Megan was upset. I guess she was hysterical, so he kept asking Sam what he should do lol, but Sam didn't really know what to do for her either, so they went and bought her a milk shake Not sure that's gonna mend her heart, but it was thoughtful.
January 17th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Poor baby, poor Megan.

Guys, this show was fabulous! Everyone did great! My #1 was gorgeous. It was amazing. #2 was doing the sot light up in the balcony. #1's boyfriend (age 19) and our director chicks boyfriend (age 62?) were up there also doing the overhead lights and all the lighting effects. At some point, my daughters boyfriends brother shows up with a friend totally drunk like skunks. The brother proceeds to pass out, hit his head, throw up repeatedly in the balcony. His friend and #1s boyfriend get him out of the theater and into a car to wait and try to keep up with the show and clean up a little. They couldn't do much. After the show 1,2,& another guy from the show cleaned out the whole balcony. He owes them!
AmiraX4 likes this.
January 18th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It was opening night right? I bet that's one they won't forget lol

She still hasn't said anything, but even if I didn't know I'd be able to tell something was wrong. I'm just giving her space.
January 18th, 2014, 08:31 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Thats an eventful opening night.

Hope Megan is okay.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search