I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2207Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2014, 10:27 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Hope the house sells.

Sounds like a great idea repti hellen keller should be a holiday as well.

$420 for one month?!? wooww...we have gas heat and we could also use electric for heat too cus we have central air . I have not a clue how much our bills are monthly because dh takes of them but I think they are 200.

So went a little crazy at walmart last night, tanks with lace boarders are like 6 bucks, I got like every color they had and then some and socks socks socks...that place is my new addiction...I think I may buy my cleaning products from their rather than target cus that place is cheeeeeap!! love it!!!

to bad the clothes are poor quality but the diapers are cheaper there too. Still love target though.
January 21st, 2014, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
jumping on the procrastination bandwagon -- i don't want to go to the gym today so i decided that cleaning my very dirty disorganized house would make up for some of the missing exercise. aaaaannnddddd here i sit.

must.get.up.and.get.it.done ..................but i am cold. yes i know its warm here but this house is cold!!!

~~terre~~
January 21st, 2014, 11:10 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got the refund from Walmart and ordering #3 something again. They are tricky though, it is a gift card, not a credit to my actual checkbook.

Heard some seriously bad news today. The piano player in our show posted to fb that her grand daughter was killed yesterday. She was 6, turning 7 in two weeks. She was backed over by her 13 yo sister in a truck. Last I heard, the dad was drunk in the truck. He is in jail.
January 21st, 2014, 12:07 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Our electric bill yes
January 21st, 2014, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh that is heartbreaking, tammy. that poor older child will not ever forget this.

~~terre~~
January 21st, 2014, 12:49 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is super sad. I would hope that the child doesn't face any consequences.

Target's stuff is the same quality as walmart. I always call that store expensive walmart lol. Only thing I typically get from there is California baby diaper cream, since it's cloth diaper safe, and things I can get free with coupons.

And that doesn't sound too bad for everything M2M. Our water bill is about 140 every three months, and gas 100 in the winter average, and electric 115 in the winter months. Garbage and sewer is on the water bill. We technically pay for garbage twice here, but that's another story. They tax us for it, AND we physically pay for it on the water bill.... anyway, I would guess that's 260 in utilities here too.

Last edited by Repti.Mom; January 21st, 2014 at 12:53 PM.
January 21st, 2014, 03:42 PM
Ok, turns out I hear it was the cousin, which is better because I know the sister. The father has been arrested for negligence. I heard a rumor that the dad and cousin had been drinking, but I don't know if true or not.
January 21st, 2014, 05:33 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Yeah, like I said it's not bad when I consider what most people pay for everything. It was just a shock.

FW, that is so sad! My best friend lost a brother that way (before she was born) only it was a neighbor and a complete accident. No one had realized the toddler had escaped the house. He ended up slowly killing himself with alcohol and drugs. They never blamed him, not even for a second and tried so hard to help him, but he just couldn't handle what had happened. I can't imagine....shivers.

Cleaned out the fridge and now it's empty lol I should do it more often buts one of my top 3 hated chores
January 21st, 2014, 06:26 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
very sad about the girl and her sister, hopefully that father will stay in jail!

The water bill is something that really floors dh. Here in the states the water bill is huge and its not even the charge of use of water, its all the other charges on the bill that dh complains about and why we are paying for that...like zoo taxes ect..??? In saudia where its desert mind you and water is precisous, the water bill he said is like 10 dollars!!! imagine that..hhmmmm

Macy's has a serving bowl set that have to go pick up tomorrow and then Daliyah gets her 4 month shots that shes 2 months late for, should be fun
January 21st, 2014, 06:55 PM
Oh, I hope he gets out and no charges stick. It is really sad. And we are a small town. People have been talking in hushed whispers all day. Nobody thought the kid was out there. It was a horrible terrible accident.

Now I have to feel up our black lab to see if there is a lump on her side.
January 21st, 2014, 09:49 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I read fast so apologies if I misread what happened...didnt mean to place blame just read into the drunk father being in the truck and didnt see the second paragragh till now........sounds tragic.
January 22nd, 2014, 01:54 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I read it the same way Amira...

I wished my kids didn't need to eat. I'd be rich!
January 22nd, 2014, 02:23 PM
If anyone wants to stalk me in person I made a FB page today

https://www.facebook.com/forthelonghall

I read it the same way about the drunk dad.

January 22nd, 2014, 03:05 PM
Not offended. I don't know one way or the other if he was drunk. It is just a rumor I heard. I hope it isn't true.

Went for a well check up today. I'm the picture of health. I have a colonoscopy ordered. They will let me know when. Dh is having blood work done. Oh geez. I was just informed that #8 just pooped in his pants. Brb.
January 23rd, 2014, 06:13 AM
I can't wait til Bastian goes poop on the toilet regularly. He's had such poop problems, there is no happy medium that I've found yet. At least he's not holding softball sized poop in there anymore (this week anyway hah).

OH, well checks. One of my claims was processed, the other is just still submitted, so we'll see how long it takes for them to mail my money. Could really use it, AND Could really use a fast forward to the 31st so at least I know I can file taxes... even getting a tax form would be nice any day now!

January 23rd, 2014, 07:05 AM
I'm going back to the dentist to get that tooth filed. I'm bummed that #1 wasn't invited to the scholarship competition at her college. It is tomorrow and I have even been "that parent" and written to the lady asking for her to reconsider. She told me to resend the act score and transcripts. I did that Wednesday might. I didn't hear back all day yesterday, so I sent a note this morning. If I don't hear back by dinner, I guess we aren't going. I don't expect to hear back. She should at least tell me no.
January 23rd, 2014, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's not very nice to leave you hanging. Good luck with the tooth.

My oldest is writing her final exam for math today.

I got my hair done yesterday, after 10 weeks, which is very long for me. I'll confess I am SO not someone that gets a haircut twice a year.

Today I'm off to bible study, paying some bills and then getting to some bookkeeping I hope.
January 23rd, 2014, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i just got my hair trimmed this morning. i decided that while i lose weight, i would grow out my hair a bit. nothing dramatic but more like a short bob than the really short hair i have worn for years. i hate growing out so i figured that now was the time since i am so focused on changing the outside anyways. on that sorry note, i have 3 Hershey kisses and some dry sugary cereal with my lunch of lettuce tuna and cashews. tomorrow will be very disappointing to me but boy it all tasted so yummy!

~~terre~~
January 23rd, 2014, 02:34 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Lol MIL!

I do my own hair, I don't trust anyone with it !

I got sad news. I've been trying to reach my landlady to pay rent, and haven't been able to. I convinced myself they were on vacation, even though they've always called when they are headed out of town. Today I reached her husband and he told me that as we speak she is having her 2nd surgery for a really bad staph infection. I'm so sad cause she is one of the nicest people I have ever met, genuinely nice.

On a different note FW, I have a friend who is thinking of homeschool. She also lives in Florida, do you have any links I can pass on to her?
January 23rd, 2014, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
PM

~~terre~~

« School | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search