I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2161Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry about the landlady. I hope she pulls through.

Fpea.com is the Florida parent educator association for our state. They have listings for info for every area in the state. If she is the the Tallahassee area I can hook her up!

My friends granddaughters funeral is Saturday. My dh said he might want to go, which is a big deal because usually he just says no.

Still waiting to hear from the college about the scholarship contest tomorrow! I don't think she realizes we are three hours away and need to know tonight.
January 24th, 2014, 06:38 AM
She called last night around 9pm and invited #1. She didn't realize we were out of towners. She apologized, and I started packing. We got here at 3am my time but 2 am local time, so we have an extra hour to sleep and get ready. I'm sitting here eating and writing. She is getting dressed in her prostitute cabaret costume under her clothes because we will be rolling back into town just before curtain! Wish us luck and pray for safety! Thanks everyone for your support!
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
January 24th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Yay! Good luck to her!

Oh and my friend is in Tampa

Not much going on here. I'm gonna call today and see if I can reach my landlord and check on his wife.
January 24th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay FW!

And hope your landlady feels better soon.

I went out for breakfast for my mom and her friends birthday. Then I picked up my 3 younger girls from a sleepover thing they had at church, and #5's face is all rashy and red, and her face is all puffy. I'm taking her in to morning clinic in a little while, just to see what's up with that.
January 24th, 2014, 09:39 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope LL feels better quickly
Good luck with scholarship *fingers crossed*
hope #5 is ok
No school today, too cold. Slept in, kids were up anyway. They trashed the house. So now they are all hands on deck cleaning, while I wake up and enjoy my coffee.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 24th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
it was just a "normal" allergic reaction. Which is a little weird because she's never had one before so I have zero experience with it. I gave her some benadryl and it looks a little better and she says her skin feels less itchy. She finds it VERY interesting to have an allergic reaction lol.
January 24th, 2014, 06:24 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thats basically how we found ds4 was allergic to both sesame and some types of honeycomb.

nice qiest night dh took kids to private school tonight but also took dd3 which rarely happens so its me and Daliyah!

Kids have been begging to go out for sushi so looks like we got lunch plans tomorrow
January 24th, 2014, 06:30 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Hows the landlady?

Good luck FW!
January 24th, 2014, 06:43 PM
It went well. She had a great time. She ditched me for lunch though. But I made my own friends. I got her to the theater 14 minutes before curtain! I'm home and running laundry. The realtor called and we have a showing in the morning. Guess how great the house looks after me being gone for 18 hours.
January 24th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I have no update on my landlady. I haven't been able to reach anyone

Enjoy the quite!

I know what my house looks like after a few hours, forget 18......oye!

So Lupan is trying to buy a house. They put a bid on it. While I think they should wait, fingers crosses he gets it's cause he's pretty excited. It's 3/2, 948 sq feet ( kinda small) sits on 6,000 sq foot lot and they are 95,000. I think they've offered a little less then that though.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 24th, 2014, 07:45 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Alright fw!! totally with ya on the house mess thing. hope the showing goes well!!

Good lick for Lupan and that his offer is accepted!!

Im just cleaning, vacumming ect will do some henna on my feet if Daliyah goes to sleep !!
January 25th, 2014, 06:33 AM
We are doing the mad frenzy clean up right now. I haven't left my room. I almost don't care. They are going to want to buy it and I don't really want to move. I just want a bedroom and living room to fall out of the sky and attach to my house.

1,3,&7 will be at dance/work. 4,5,&6 will go to the dump with dh. 2,8,&9 will be with me. Don't know what to do with them. It is too cold for the park, we are too broke to go out to eat.
January 25th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I often take the kids somewhere with a play area, prefer fries and just let them play.

Today our paper w-2's came in. I never look at ours cause I just have them automatically transferred over. I needed to do Lupans, poor kid is only getting a $100 back, anywho I wanted to see how much he made compared to us so I opened ours. He made $2000 less then we did. When I was lookin at ours I saw a DD, is it new? He'll I don't know I never look lol. Well that tells us how much we pay a year towards our medical insurance. Again I've never added it up, well hot ****! We pay $22,000 a year, it explains why we are always so broke and the hubby makes 54,000 a year, minus his 401k also.

I feel traumatizes lol
January 25th, 2014, 05:32 PM
That is half his income! There has to get a better plan or rate or something!
January 25th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is that right? Surely that cannot be correct, that's insane.

Good luck to Lupan. I know that buying a house young sounds crazy, but if you play your cards right it can really work to your advantage in the long term, whether that is simply not having to worry about a mortgage or rent later on in life, or paying it off at a younger age and buying a subsequent house(s) and using it as a means of income (I won't get too much into it, but that's what we did and over half our annual income comes from rent from our tenants, we would not be in the position we were in if we didn't buy our first house young, I was 21, DH was 19, it was tough to get that first mortgage paid off and things weren't great financially for a while there, but in the long term it really paid off).

Amira you just reminded me that I bought henna ink for my grandmother in law and it's been sitting in my wardrobe for almost a month, thank you.

FW, how did the showing go?

I'm very close to switching ISP's, I'm really peeved off at them. Our connection has been really dodgy the past month and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, every time I call to say that there is a problem I get told "It's always been like that, it's the trees, unfortunately when you live in a rainforest area bla bla bla bla". This **** mountain had exactly the same amount of trees last month as it does this month. No the connection has not always been like this. I just want them to stop screwing me around and fix it.

The local council has put on a big carnival at the park near our house for Australia Day, so the kids keep going there and back, the positive of living only a handful of houses down from it is that the kids can come and go as they please, the negative is that really bad Australiana music has been blaring through my house for the past 4 hours. There does not need to be a hard rock version of Waltzing Matilda.
January 25th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's right, after I saw that I sat down and did do the math lol I'm gonna look on the market place and see if there is anything, but if I do it might mean that we can't keep the older kids on our insurance. So I don't know, I guess we'll see. What sucks is next year it will go up, and our quality will go down.

Sam was telling me that a company can legally take up to .6% of your income for health insurance. It's part of Obama's new law....however there was no law on how much they could charge before the law. So it really only caps it.

Cybele I'm not opposed to him buying a house cause of his age. I think there are few other things he should take care of first. Like paying off his student loans, getting another car so his girlfriend can drive something other then his, leaving him with only his gas guzzling truck, his girlfriend getting a better paying job so she can contribute more to the household. As it is, he makes almost as much as we do, no kids, nothing, and barely making it. Which I don't understand because he was doing great at the beginning of the year.

My friends internet has been doing the same thing for a year, and for a year they have complained. The company has sent people out and put on a good show of not knowing what was going on. Finally she had enough and it escalated, a supervisor dealt with her last time and it turns out it is a known issue. They had to many people on one server, but in a few months they'll have a new server and that should take care of the problem. So for her inconvenience they are giving her two months of cable and internet for free. She doesn't know why they just didn't say that before, instead of making her think it was 'her' problem.
January 25th, 2014, 06:37 PM
.6% is a whole lot less than 50%. You have to be able to find something better.
January 26th, 2014, 09:04 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
~~~waves hand~~~~ hi ladies. just read and caught up. let see:

lupan and the house: good luck to him!

M2M: that is terrible about the insurance. but i can relate -- at one time we were paying $1500 a month for just the two of us and it did not cove much more than part of the office visit and hospital, not even Rx. now we have opted to try the obama plan for lack of any other option available to us ( we have pre-exisitings so we dont' qualify anywhere) and although it is significantly lower, i an still not sure what it will cover and i am NOT happy with the choices of doctors etc. but at least it is something.

speaking of henna, i assume that is like in the tattoo? i might be wishing i had gotten a henna tattoo instead of a real one in hawaii. one of mine is still sore and red and its been two weeks. gonna have the dr look at it on tuesday (he will not be happy with me).

give me five minutes and them check PM.

~~terre~~
January 26th, 2014, 09:32 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
m2m that is alot to pay ..woow!

cybele--- may I ask what your granny does with the henna? does she put it in ther hair? its used alot for that.

I use it for tatoo style designs on the hands and feet which is a different type of henna than used for the hair.

Hope your tatoo is not infected MIL.

We are painting our pottery things we made yesterday and then going to the library and then final stop...shopping!
January 26th, 2014, 09:42 AM
I get to go to the show again today! So excited. It is so good.

« School | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search