I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2120Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Terre, you got a tattoo? I want to see it!
I'm tattoo-less but lately I've been wanting one.

Terre, you got a tattoo? I want to see it!
I'm tattoo-less but lately I've been wanting one.
January 26th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies! I have been mia due to no home internet but I check out Fb on my phone daily. Just hard to view this site on my phone. Now to try to read what I have missed lol
mom2many2010 likes this.

January 26th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Terre, after two weeks it should not be red and sore, that is a sign of infection, I would be going to the doctor ASAP. Depending on size and type of ink the redness should have cleared within 1-2 days, it should not be sore after 3-5 days (again, depending on size).
Is it hot to touch? Itchy? Did it scale properly? How were you with the aftercare?

Amira, grandmother in law is Hindu, she uses it as body paint for religious festivals. Then she paints us and tells me off because my tattoos ruin her designs (I have 19)
January 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok, my tattoo is on my ankle where i originally had a little tiny butterfly. i had it made a bit bigger and more colorful while in hawaii. it hurt like H*LL when he did it -- far more than any other that i have had. i used olay facial soap to clean it and used either generic aquaphor or regular unscented lotion as instructed. it scabbed fairly quickly but swelled a lot for the first several days. now it hurts to touch it and it does have redness around it although the swelling is way down. i do have a dr appt on tuesday morning so i figured i'd ask him about it. i dont know if i said this already but i had a local tattoo artist check it out and he said that it was a deep tattoo and that although red, he thought it would be fine. he suggested antibacterial soap for a few days and to add neosepherine if it looked any worse.

and cortney after it heals, i will take a photo. i took one the first day but it was in the lost pics on my phone.

~~terre~~
January 26th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Two of my friends came to the show today. Both are very conservative Christians. One I gave a free ticket to, the other paid full price. One told me how great it was, how it made her think, how she was moved and it is very apparent my #1 isn't a little girl anymore. The other said she would have to send me an email to tell me what she thought.
January 26th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Terre hope it starts to feel better!

FW you'll have to share the contents of the email with us, sounds like it might be juicy lol

Tomorrow Sam's boyfriend is going with to see why my car won't pass smog. He said if he can fix it he will. He just rebuilt an engine for a car him and Sam bought (she's gonna sell hers) so I'm fairly certain it's something can do
January 27th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I will if she ever sends it and it's scandalous!

I lost the I love you game today with my 4 yo. I swear I don't know how I never thought of this or heard it before.

Me: I love you
4yo(#7): I love you too
Me: I love you more!
Her: I love you most!

Swear to god everytime I have ever done this as a child or with a child we keep going back and forth with I love you more.
January 27th, 2014, 08:37 AM
My friends review:

OK, so, I have multiple levels of opinion about the play.

First, it was well executed, if a little slow in places. I was "resting my eyes" toward the end of the first half. The band and vocals were good quality, the set well done, most acting believable.

Second, I truly disliked this story. I found nothing redeemable in any of the characters even though I was really trying. While you compared it to Les Miserable, Cabaret lacks any sort of redemptive quality. Using your previous comparison, LM used the seedier characters to propel the story to it's ending that included forgiveness and selflessness/self-sacrifice and increased faith in the Creator. None of that exists in Cabaret. These characters justify their amoral behaviors asking everyone to live and let live. Even the sweet story of the older couple is tainted by the fact that they are sleeping together and then she rejects him because she is afraid of the Nazi party. Sally is an idiot who chooses abortion and temporary pleasure. Every single character suffers from their own choices (with the possible exception of the Jewish man). It is a good play for preaching tolerance for prostitution, promiscuity, abortion, and homosexuality. So, while the story reveals some of the atrocities of the time, I think there are much better vehicles for educating the public and our children.

Third, even with as much sanitizing as I'm sure was done to the costumes and dancing, it was really appalling to see a 17 year old child portraying a prostitute. Honestly, it was really bothering me that you were posting pictures of her in lingerie and encouraging her to make one of them her fb photo. While I'm sure it was fun for her to play the part and explore that side of her sexuality, it was difficult for me to imagine allowing my own daughters to flaunt themselves in such a way. Those looks and the sexy lingerie are meant for the bedroom. While inappropriate for grown women, it is even more so for minors. And, seeing it in a movie is much different from "being" it in a play. I think letting your girls be a part of this may have greater consequences than you and Jason have imagined. You have been working so hard to justify it to friends and TCHF, but I just can't see any justification that works. Just because something isn't any worse than _________, doesn't mean it is good or should be encouraged.

So, there it is, my friend. I don't imagine I've surprised you.
January 27th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Not too scathing. She makes some good points. I don't think being involved in this show will scar them for life or turn them into real prostitutes, alcoholics, or get abortions.

Back to normal. Reading writing math.
January 27th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Wow, no it'a not to bad, but it's a play. Not everything should have to be roses and sunshine. I've seen the pics and your DD is perfectly covered up. I've seen a lot worse at pools, and beaches, in Walmart, and walking down the street. Your DD is beautiful and she was dressed classy, for lingerie lol

FW our federal taxes were accepted today, were yours? It seems early I thought they weren't doing it till the 31st.
Farmers-wife likes this.
January 27th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
well then, there you have it fw. In the end you're her mom and it's up to you what you decide for your kids. The thing about the email that would bug me the most was the "resting the eyes" part, for the rest I think your friend is entitled to her opinion.

Hope he can fix the car M2M

And hope the swelling goes down Terre.

Just the usual monday stuff today...laundry, cleaned the fridge, getting the house in place, that sort of thing.
January 27th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Our taxes were accepted on jan 24. The irs will start processing on the 31.

Actually I don't blame her for "resting her eyes". I took my 4 yo with me and the set changes from the kit Kat klub to the boarding house. When it is the boarding house, there is a door. When the lights would come up, my 4 yo would say "oh gosh, not the door again". The talking parts are the boring parts.
January 27th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just jumping in here and have no idea what the back story is on the play (though she painted a pretty little picture for me) but the part that would piss me off is "I think letting your girls be a part of this may have greater consequences than you and Jason have imagined."...to me, that is more of an assumption that you didn't think things through completely. Which would bother me because when it comes to your children, parents look at all angles when making decisions.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 27th, 2014, 11:14 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Iagree with all above and opinions are just that. You know what works for your family and after all it is a 'play'.

Just finished making a batch of caramel popcorn and then laundry to fold now.

Mil how is you ankle?

m2m did you get your car fixed to pass?
January 27th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's not your fault if the play is a little slow. You didn't write the thing lol ... annnd just in case, you should go home and tell your daughter that you think college is a good idea, but prostitution is something she shouldn't do.

Brr..

http://media.jrn.com/images/540*303/...53.5573375.jpg

January 27th, 2014, 11:29 AM
just wow! at her letter. one thing i can say about it is i respect her viewpoint and that her personal concerns were enough to her to actually confront you with it. not saying she is right or wrong -- just admiring her ability to express those feelings in a way that was not a huge attack.

~~terre~~
January 27th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I totally agree. I'm not mad, hurt or surprised at her thoughts. I thanked her for her feedback and sharing her thoughts with me. I'm not at all mad. I disagree though that this will cause long term harm to my family involved. I think this is where Christians (and I am one so I can say) go wrong. They try to shield their kids for everything instead of discussing things. Tis same person has no qualms about going to r rated movies with language and nudity etc. but still calls 16&17yos children who must never be exposed to unplesantness. Like m2m said, not everything has a happy ending or is sunshine and roses. My other friend, who called to discuss it, said each character showed what life is like without Christ. A Christian parent would look for those types of examples to discuss with kids, not just reject anything that doesn't have people falling in love with Jesus and living happily ever after.
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
January 27th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree Terre!

So anyways, I didn't tell you our latest family news. My neveradullmoment brother told us yesterday that his fiance is due August 28. (their son was born sept last year). Now personally, I'd have wanted to have a few of my ducks in a row (like living in the same house/town, maybe squeezing in a wedding) but it's their life and they make very cute babies, bring on more nieces/nephews!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
January 27th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Congrats to them! That's tight!
January 27th, 2014, 01:02 PM
yeah thats gonna be fun for a while!!!

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search