I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2351Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I am so pissed right now.

First I called the DMV and she thought there would be a few options for us, but she wasn't exactly sure which one cause we kinda fall in some grey area's.

Hardship- we'd have to send in the last two years of prepared taxes, plus a copy of ALL of our bills. I'm sorry, but your emissions....I don't think you need a DNA sample.

Extension waiver- after the first $200 you can get a one year extension. We've paid $100. There is no where for the mechanic to go until we can find this discontinued part.

So DMV gives me the company who handles emissions. First he kept talking down to me, big mistake, that's not something I take kindly to. He basically said there wasn't a **** thing we can do. Partly because we parked the car after it initially failed. Sorry we didn't have the money to do anything. Then when I asked what that meant, since it's a perfectly good running car. He went off about it obviously not being a good working car since it didn't pass emissions. Um hello ****tard, emissions has nothing to do with how the car runs, and we were barely over acceptable, so much so the mechanic felt bad. So in his eye's we have a nice looking trophy car that can just sit in our yard until magic happens.

I just want an extension until we can find the parts somewhere. I don't think that's unreasonable. I'm not asking for them to ignore emissions testing for my car, but to give me time to find what I need without leaving me carless.

At the end of the conversation I told him "You think you've won, but trust me you haven't heard the last of me". I'm not sure what the hell I meant, but I will figure something out. I'm thinking of writing our local station who love these types of stories and see what happens from there.

Then my MIL calls and says she paid $800 for Ted's meds because the pharmacy argued with her. So now I have to call our insurance and see what the hell is going on. I wouldn't have paid for them, he can go about 14 days with no ill effect, but she didn't know that, not her fault, so I am pissed, on top of already being pissed.
January 29th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry. That is a lot of money for both of you. I can't believe she had that much to pay! Bless her heart. It's always something.

Nothing new here today. Cold, gray, math, video games. I'm getting ready to start getting dinner ready so I can just turn the oven on later. Cold and sleepy.
January 29th, 2014, 01:13 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Im a total IDIOT when it comes to car stuff so because of that I dont get exactly what the whole problem is with your car other than it not working and not finding the fix but I hope it all works out for you and they will let you pay it when you can.

If there is no snow its strange that they canceled everything! hope it warms up there and gets back to regular florida weather.

Slow day here, no plans except night school for thekids, oh except for the tons of homework and extra reading from the day school!

Ds4 lost a library book from the day school he attend ( I think it may gotten mixed up with the local library books ) and I got a email from the teacher not addressed to him but to the class that the "libraian" is a little upset about missing books. Although he came home with another one yesterday! weird.
January 29th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's what I learned when my van broke down and no one could figure out the cause...go to a dealer mechanic. I swear they can fix ANYTHING!
I'm so glad we don't deal with emissions out here but we do have to pass regular inspections every two years which is a huge pain in the butt.
January 29th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The ford dealer said they couldn't help since it was discontinued, and they don't do aftermarket parts. I don't know, I'll figure something out. If I knew someone who lives a county over, one mile from my house. I'd just use their address to register the car.
January 29th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Do you have a pick and pull?
January 29th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
whats a pick and pull?
January 29th, 2014, 06:57 PM
It's like a car graveyard. They have old wrecks. They usually have them organized and know what major parts have been picked from which cars. It's worth a call. Your mechanic friend should know.
January 29th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My car is running off pieces from a place here called pick-a-part, they don't exactly make parts for '92 jeeps any more either. Definitely see if there is a car graveyard near you.

I went to Costco for the first time ever today, there has been one about a 45min drive from me for about 6 months now and I have been meaning to go, I just never got around to it.
First, I want to complain that their trolleys are not suitable for vertically challenged individuals.
But I got a bit too excited about being able to use coupons, like to TV because we don't have coupons here but Costco does so I bought a ridiculous amount of cat food and tampons because I had coupons for them.
If given the chance, I would be one of those people on TV, I know it.
January 30th, 2014, 05:07 AM
We had a '92 jeep! My dh loved that car.

Florida did away with inspections when I was a kid. We never had emissions testing.
January 30th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I heart costco! It's just dangerous to go too often, but ours is 45 mins away too.

Jeeps are cool!

Tomorrow I have 3 cambodians spending the night here, and the most awesome older lady I know. There's 2 kids and a chaperone (they're coming to do a traditional cambodian dance evening) and the lady chose to spend her retirement (at 70) to start orphanages in Cambodia, and the ladies that are the "housemothers" are widows that have no man to take care of them, and so no real place in society. Anyways, she is 83 now and she is amazing, so it's cool that she'll be staying here.
January 30th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what the hell kind of dealer did you go to? lol Rob works on older cars ALL the time at work, they don't turn stuff away and say "sucks to be you!" What part are you looking for? What kind and year of car is it? Maybe Rob can order the part and mail it to you lol
Farmers-wife likes this.

January 30th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We do have a pick a part but they don't have the year we need.

Emissions control is newish in our county. We are only one of 2 counties that do it in the whole state, cause you know smog couldn't possible be because of all the burning that goes on in the fields or the upteen million semi's in this county.

Repti, most of the dealers won't do after market. Our mechanic doesn't care, he just can't find the part. So before he get's us deeper in money he wanted to know what we wanted to do. Sam's boyfriends and his friend who actually works for the mechanic said they do it (the mechanic allows them to do side projects) for a 1/4 of what we would be charged if we can find the part.

It's a 98 Ford Taurus, 3.0 L standards (not up and down, we can find those but they aren't the same) and it's a V-6, and it's the air injector valve or air valve control 1 & 2.

#5 that sounds like a lot of fun and good learning opportunity!

Costco can be addicting lol. We're hoping to get a membership this year

Well it's official almost all of my kids have iphones as ipods. Chuck got a new one so his old one went to Vanna, Lupan got a new one and surprised Aiden with his old one. Aiden has been beside himself with excitement lol That leaves Kailyn, but it means no more fighting overmy phone and Kindle. I'm kinda peeved that the husband and son have better models then me! Hahaha but thats cause I'm a phone geek.

Last edited by mom2many2010; January 30th, 2014 at 08:38 AM.
January 30th, 2014, 09:09 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
We go to coscto all the time. Thats the only place we buy our paper towels, toilet paper, kleenex paper plates, cups , shrimp, hass avocados ect ....Theres like 3 near us and all like 10-15 mins away.

The thing I like about the shopping carts is they have 2 seats so can put two of the little ones there.
January 30th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was actually thinking while I was there "This thing is nearly impossible to see over, but the two seats would have been so useful when the older 4 were little".
January 30th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we are supposed to sign a contract tomorrow and pay the deposit. guess 'it' might really happen.

~~terre~~
January 30th, 2014, 09:27 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
UUuuuummmm does anyone watch TLC's show called "Myrtle Manor" or something like that????? Is that for real? I believe they are all actors but others say yes it is real?
January 30th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just looked it up on youtube.

Well... that sure is something.
January 31st, 2014, 05:54 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I let Rob know about that part this morning. I forgot about it yesterday with all the chaos. At&t guy was here for five hours, I didn't even clean the kitchen til about 6, and we didn't eat til 8. I hate when my routine is thrown off.

Hope your house thing works out MIL!

January 31st, 2014, 10:11 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Thanks Repti, my sister is also looking in Cali for me. I figure more eyes, better chances of finding it. I'd really hate to have to turn it into a planter in my garden lol

I'm sick, fever, chills the whole nine yards. The worst is I can't breathe!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search