I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2508Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fw~ Hope you get the machines moved soon.
repti~ good luck with all the cleaning.
M2M LOVE!!! The new pic.

Dh is building the little girls "princess beds". He thinks he may have them done before he has to leave again (Thursday), but doesn't think he'll have them painted. Found my camera, so I will be able to post pics. when it's done.
#5in2005 and mom2many2010 like this.
April 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran
Anyone have any fools jokes planned today? I can never think of anything interesting...
April 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to say that when I originally posted that thread I NEVER imagined it would go to 10,000 posts!!! Woohooo. That's really cool and I love that it chronicles the last four years or so. You guys are great!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Totally cool Shari!

It's a weird but good day here. This morning we brought the last of our cows over to my brothers farm. It's been nice to have them go there, his farm is going up to the size he's been wanting it to go, so we're excited for him and I feel dh and have finished well. I think dh is going to stay outside all evening to work, because he's going to feel weird, so I am going to just let him do his thing.

In other news....my brother's girlfriend is pregnant. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but it is what it is, so I will love and support them.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shampooed carpets downstairs and in the girls room then did 11 loads of laundry. I think the last of what I will do tonight is in there. Still have towels to wash. I wasn't behind or anything, just did bedding and all the runners on top of reg laundry.

Good luck in your ventures beyond the cows! It will sure be different. I can't really describe what I felt like when we got rid of all the reptiles, but its all good now.

Rob has the boat almost all done already. Just like one more board to replace and then visual stuff, which can wait.

April 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is the highlight of my day to come in here and hear everyone's updates.

Congrats on the new niece or nephew. Just love them. I have heard too many stories today of parents disowning (or just cutting communication) with their adult kids because they don't like certain life choices. Nothing too bad, not murdering or even drug use, just normal 20 something stuff. These people need to live, make choices, make mistakes. Doesn't anyone remember being 20???!!!
April 2nd, 2013, 07:39 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I agree FW, I don't always agree with my kids, but I have and would never disown them. I just make my opinion known.

Not much on this end. A guy came out yesterday looking for scrap metal. I let him have at it, he offered me $20, but honestly if it meant I didn't have to do a dump run I was a happy camper lol

The yard and garden are getting clean. Slowly, hopefully I can get our grass to perk up this year. We only have it on one side and last year it really struggled.
April 2nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No one disowns anyone is our family thankfully, especially over a baby! Thankfully the girlfriend is great and she is a great mom, her 10 year old is a super great kid, and she gets along great with my nephew. It's my brother who lacks in the maturity department and can be very self centered. And yup, he's a grown up, so we just love and support him no matter what. I do hope they make a home/family unit all together, I'd love for my nephew to have a place that's home base for him.

mom2many are the pics recent? Love the one of all of you together. And I'm jealous of the green.

I'm off to bring my parents to the airport.

Day one of no milking, it wasn't hard to get used to having dh around for a bit in the morning
April 2nd, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
#5, thinking of you as you go through this change.
M2M, love the pictures!

Sorry I haven't been on a lot. On Saturday night the flu hit our house.......yikes. We'd been so healthy all winter. Finally today, we are somewhat back to normal. Tons of laundry, scrubbing floors, washing beds, etc. Our basement girls room flooded the same day. Plus being 35 weeks along is catching up with this older Mama!

But all is well, it just took me away for a few days. I hope everyone is well. We are finally hitting almost 40 degrees today, it's a heatwave. We still have about 2 feet of snow in the yard. I think most of us around here are just in a depression

I'll try and catchup a bit.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
I did it. I gave away all of my baby stuff. Except for the infant carseat, arms reach bassinette, swing, and a small pile of baby girl/boy clothes and some blankets, there is nothing in the house for a new baby.
April 2nd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lol that is plenty stuff for a new baby. I'm finally KEEPiNG all my baby stuff! Of course now you'll have 5 more and Ill have 0.

Rob is off still today, he cleaned the hallway all nice.
Have to find something for lunch.

April 2nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FW i will be waiting for that big announcement sooner than later....

my friend is not here yet --she is moving slow today. i, on the other hand, was at a parking lot by 9a.m. to bring help for a different girlfriend that needed help on her dead car. the guys got it all fixed and off to work she went. then i had my VERY elderly neighbor come over to ask my assistance in blocking her grandson from accessing her retirement pay. yeah, not gonna get involved with that at all. i think i talked her out of it (he pays her bills).

that, tegan i went to the park and walked about for about 45 minutes or so. she got tired before i did. now its laundry, lunch and getting things ready for wyatts baseball game tonight. oh and i threw in a roast before i even left the house this morning.

DH just called and asked me why i didn't just move my whole office upstairs yesterday. well i was going to do that but i don't know anything about moving a computer and making it work after that move. but i am gonna ask my guys for assistance and do it, i think. it makes more sense - plus its a bigger room!

~~terre~~
April 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I still have most of the big baby things, and some clothes. I loan out a lot of it, and clothes I give away as needed. My best friend will call me up and tell me so and so needs XYZ and if I have it I'll give it. My problem is almost everyone has boys so I am pretty much out of boy things, but have lots of girl things. I gave a huge portion of my boy stuff to Megan's friends, who was 15, when she had her little guy. Hell my younger kids have worn clothes that my older kids wore lol

Went grocery shopping yesterday. It was put off as long as I could, bare bones, that's what we were down to. Then decided to get Kailyn clothes, her's are to small, like a size or two to small, but I've been holding off because summer is coming and she will need everything. I got 6 outfits to start, for $40, not bad. Megan said she wished she could get that many outfits for $40....hell so do I. Next will be Aiden, I have some stuff for him, but I want to get him sports type shorts with elastic waitbands, he hates buckles. Vanna said she has shorts (the older girls gave her a bunch) but wants house shorts. Cole I have no clue what he needs/wants.
April 3rd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm starting spring/summer clothes shopping too.

I still have most of my baby stuff..minus the swing, bouncy and pack n play. One minute I'm ready to get rid of it all and the next minute I'm afraid too. If we move though it will be gone. I've already decided I will be taking very little with us.
But like the others...I think once you get rid of it your almost certain to have another one. Good Luck, FW!

You've been busy, MIL!

I'm starting a month long spring cleaning project. Hopefully by May my house will be so organized it runs itself, lol!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

April 3rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Good morning, ladies! I've missed checking in for a while.

Last week I went to RI to visit my new niece. She's so perfect and tiny--at a month old she's still a few ounces shy of what my first baby was at birth! Her parents are so cute, they're doing EVERYTHING together, from feeding to burping to putting her in her carseat. Dad is even alternating night shifts with mom. DH and I have been running more of a "zone defense" for so long that I forgot a little what it is like the first time. They're a little nervous but really doing great. And they seemed to actually want tips and let me give her her first tub bath, so I was really flattered by that. We had a great time.
But, I was sold a bill of goods about the drive. DH HATES to fly. So, he started buttering me up months before she was even born about how it's "only 12-13 hours" and we'd be able to enjoy restaurant meals on the way together with no kids and how he was really looking forward to spending that time together and talking etc. So, I agreed. Um... it was 17 hours. We didn't get in until 5am local time. We had to take our most uncomfortable car--it rides like a covered wagon!--and by hour 12 I was almost crying my hips hurt so badly. And we NEVER stopped for a single meal, just rest stop granola bars when we got gas. And those deep conversations he was looking forward to? No. It was an 18 hour audio book about a confederate naval ship. I flew home. lol

So I was gone a few days for that, but then one DD and DH both got walking pneumonia so I've been nursing them. Thankfully, everyone seems well now.

We had a great Easter, very casual. Attended church services and then a friend and his baby joined us for lunch (wife/mom was out of town visiting a very ill relative) we had a ham and did a little baby easter egg hunt in the yard.

Friday I find out if belly baby is a boy or a girl. If I had to guess, I'd say girl, but I don't know if that's actually "intuition" or just because I'm used to having girls. I'll be delighted either way. The U/S is in a larger town at lunch time, so DH is taking a 1/2 day from work so we can go to the u/s together, have lunch out to talk about names and, if it's a boy, maybe go buy a little outfit. I'm really looking forward to it!

April 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Can you send me a copy of that plan?

U/s day sounds fun! Sorry the road trip was less than you expected. I think it sounds nice, though. I am a road tripper from way back though. My dh would have preferred to fly.

Handyman coming to install new toilet and front door today. It is #1's birthday. She is 17. I am putting a bow on the new potty.

Last edited by Farmers-wife; April 3rd, 2013 at 08:35 AM.
April 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL @ the potty present!!

I'm doing a revised version of this book...her lists are so detailed.
http://www.amazon.com/Spring-Cleanin...pring+cleaning
It was free yesterday!

ACK!! All the baby talk is killing me!! I'm going to have to go into hiding for the next few months until I get myself under control again. But, seriously, I'm excited to find out what your having!
I LOL about you flying home!

Ok I'm done popping online for 'just a second'. It always turns into an hr.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

April 3rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Love the idea of a bow on the new commode! My husband would honestly be thrilled with that gift!! We had a power-flush when we lived in WI, and it sat higher than regular toilets, and he still talks about it. We haven't lived there for 7 years...

New picture in progress......
April 3rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol@ your dh still talking about it 7 years later.

Cortney, I won't have any baby talk with you

Happy Birthday #1!!

Jenilope, sounds like quite the trip. Looking forward to hearing what gender you're having. (go pink lol)

I'm off to my class, and then I am looking forward to being home for a few days, I've been on the go way too much.
April 3rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am never getting rid of my baby stuff again. I've had to rebuy everything multiple times. Doing that with maternity clothes is such a pita. After Matthew I lent my clothes to my sil, who turned around after her pg and GAVE them to a friend of hers. I was so pissed! So I bought more, and resold them after Ryan because I thought we were done. Nope. Bought more, and resold them after David because I thought we were done. Wrong again. I'm keeping them until I hit menopause this time!

I've been trying to buy clothes for David, but he is the pickiest child when it comes to clothes! He always wants the stuff with action heroes or angry birds, and that's the most expensive stuff at the store! I'm not paying $10 for one outfit for a three year old!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search