I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2119Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2014, 10:34 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Boy do I know that feeling!

We should be getting our taxes Thursday . Just in time seeing as my car will not be road worthy in a few weeks.
Farmers-wife likes this.
February 3rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
had to read back a few pages to catch up....

The cambodians were awesome!! 2 kids that were 8 and 9, and their chaperone that talked a little english, and then the older lady that started it all (she used to be canadian). She is 80 and started this whole thing when she was 66, and now they have 5 different locations with close to 500 kids they look after. She's got triple the energy of normal 80 years olds, she's so inspiring. Then we had a wedding this weekend and a triple birthday party and friends over.

To kick off the week dd's vehicle broke down, so we've already had a bit of an adventure. I'm thankful for good friends to help.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
February 3rd, 2014, 01:13 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
m2m--- omg...your post warmed my heart!! Its those random acts of kindness that make the world a better place. I love that he said to keep that act going!! really awesome and what a fun piece of equipment! looks like its in pretty fun!

FW- I thinks it great that your play does have people talking! of course with any reviews theres going to be good and not good, its having an impact either way!

We have ONE tv. I think we are probablly the only family this large that only has 1. For us though, we learned after our 3 oldest had their rooms loaded with tvs with satellite, xbox, playstation, even vcrs ( at that time thats what was around lool and my oldest is 23 so ya VCR lool.) and all it did was keep them in their rooms and time was not well spent.

So just before DS3 was 10, they were all given away, now we are very picky about when and they watch and play. thats what works for us and surely not everyone else.and i i mean nothing against it.

#5-- reealy nice to hear the visit went well . did you guys get to ear any cambodian food?

Cybele did you ever get that henna to your grandmother?

We have our first of the season tulips popping up already that we planted in the end of summer.!!!! theres only a few of them that are just starting to sprout up but I cant wait to see all the colors and everything...love tulips, isnt that kinda early though? I know we planted the different seasons but sheesh.
mom2many2010 likes this.
February 3rd, 2014, 01:31 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, my time with my one new aunt was drastically cut down yesterday due to the fact that my car died...again. it was dead Friday night after we ate dinner out and we had to call AAA. they came again yesterday and said my starter was bad. that led to learning that my brakes were near non-existent and the leak that the dealer cannot seem to find is clearly visible. so, $1000 later, my car starts and stops, but still has leaks cuz we could not afford to fix that part right now. ugh! so i did not get to see my aunt till the game started and then she was really into the game and not really into visiting. did get to spend a few quality minutes with her this morning and she flies home this afternoon.

~~terre~~
February 3rd, 2014, 04:41 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry your visit was cut short, terre Whenever I have car troubles, I try to imagine that it means I'm avoiding something worse on the road. (A friend told me that when I was 16 and they told me I had to wait a week to get my license.)

We have two tv's and 1 is the old style.

I woke up in such a good mood today and within a couple hrs I came to the conclusion that everyone is out to piss me off when I'm happy (except the kids, they were pretty good today!)
February 4th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will probably get our taxes back next week. They were both accepted, Fed still says the generic message, I can't get the state site to work, I think it's down. Oh well, 21 days max for that one too.

I have 4850 going out right away for Rob's truck, and 6 months of rent. Then we can get rid of that HORRIBLE small finance company. I haven't paid in a while just because of their harassment. Those POS employees can earn their keep sending letters and making phone calls that I never answer.

February 4th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sounds like the finace company that Sam and Lupan used. They'd call nonstop and it wasn't even do yet. Then last month Sam paid hers off only to get a bill for $3.83. Poor things been waiting on the title so she can sell it. Her boyfriend got her another car, and put an engine in it for her. She's excited cause it's a cute new car.

We have tv's everywhere. Come taxes we'll be getting one for the kitchen which doubles as a classroom and play room lol

I'm feeling so much better, but I'm still tired.
February 4th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Each bedroom has a tv, there's one in the livingroom, kitchen, outside, and two downstairs in the playroom (one is connected to the wii, no cable of any sort).

I'm glad you're feeling better!
I got Rob generic mucinex and he was feeling better in like two days (if it wasn't just bad allergies )

MIL that is rediculous about the car bill. I cringe whenever I hear someone paying that much. Makes me wish I could send out Rob to do everyone's work that I am friends with lol! He only charges $75 an hour + parts, no diag cost, and usually it only takes him an hour to do stuff. So you would have probably paid like $400 for the starter and breaks and labor (unless you have one of those weird vehicles that the starter costs a million dollars. )
How much more are you supposed to pay for them to diag this "leak"?

February 4th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're feeling a little better.

Car troubles all around it seems.....dd's vehicle is going to cost $1200 to fix. (well, not hers but anyways). She gets to drive because she's taking work experience at a vet clinic out of town, otherwise she'd be on the schoolbus. But oh the horror and embarrassment, she had to drive the minivan today

We have 3 tv's.

It's 10% tuesday, so I'm grocery shopping today.
February 4th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amira, nope, not yet.

We have two TVs, both quite small to be honest, and one is an analogue which the service was cut off to in December, so it's just used for video games and DVDs.

We had a bit of a giggle last night. The high school my 17 and 14yr old go to has a compulsory class called 'life skills' where they learn things like budgeting, how interest on loans work, how to do taxes, as well as things like relationship skills and so on.
So Sunny has her first class of life skills for the year and she finds out that the topic for the term is 'positive relationships' and they have to write their name on a piece of paper and pass it around the class and everyone has to write something nice about the person whose paper they have on it. She showed it to me, there's all your usual comments, then one girl has written "I have nothing major against you" as her message.
I guess that's nice, in a round about way? Haha.
Momtothe6thpower likes this.
February 4th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1 tv here but it obscenely huge. Way too big foe the room it is in. But I figure eyes per square inch is the same as normal families.

Nothing new going on here today. The weather has warmed back up. Feels nice again.
February 4th, 2014, 02:17 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Yup I knew we would be the 'different' family in the tv thing. our 1 tv is also very large and gots the works on it, I think though when the right time comes for us, I will put a tv in kitchen and the BBQing area.

cybele ya that snot directly rude but not sure I would pass the student in 'positive relationships' lool...
February 4th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Did any of you see this thing going around FB? Wt French toast?? lol

This Anti-Skipping School Ad Is The Most Disturbing Thing I’ve Ever Seen | Thought Catalog

February 4th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I saw it about a week ago and was disturbed that they think someone who drops out is a complete and utter idiot. I did go WTH though lol

I like Sam's boyfriend cause he'll do all of the work for me for free

Cybele that's funny, not rude, but not an affirmation either haha

FW enjoy the nice day!
February 4th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I've seen the link but never watched it. What is it about?
February 4th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's a group of kids sneaking out of school for a fun carefree day at the beach. Imagine great music to enhance the carefree nature of what they are doing.

They are hanging at the beach, enjoying themselves when bam, one of them blows up, and bam another blows up, insert screaming girl. Cut to a shot of "weapons testing blah, blah beach" and then stay in school.

Cause clearly high schoolers are not capable of reading, even if they couldn't the danger sign with a bomb in the background is usually a good sign not to enter.
February 4th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Weird.

I have been meaning to ask, can you register your car in a different county that doesn't have the emission thing? I thought of it because I have a friend who registers his cars in the county Jacksonville is in because it's cheaper.
February 4th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What on earth did I just watch?

Stay in school otherwise you will find yourself in an explosives testing site and get blown up?

Now, I might have been a weird teenager, but back when I was skipping school we didn't really go for the whole explosive testing site thing, we used to hang out at the train station and well.. smoke, but that's not the point either, the point is, we didn't get ourselves blown up because your typical teenager can read signs.
February 4th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's confusing FW. Our cars are registered in a different county, but our residing county still has 'rights' over us. In order to get out of it we would also need an address in a different county. If I knew someone who's address I could use that's what I would do. We're going to just try and sell it out of county for around $2000, which it is worth, and maybe take an equal amount and get something else. I'm thinking a suburban.

Cybele, that's my thought exactly. I mean you'd have to be **** stupid to not be able to at least see the big warning sign.
February 5th, 2014, 04:57 AM
I have 2 throwing up and 1 done with it. Going to pick up 80 pounds of chicken breast!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search