I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2163Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
One good thing about when the husband is gone is being able to cook whatever you want...or not cook if thats what you want lol

Babies always need diapers

I think I might have a buyer for the car, it's my BBF's sister. I asked for $2k, if that's fine with her I'll break even. I'm just sad cause I really liked the car and now we have a gas guzzler lol
February 11th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope it doesn't hit you too hard FW.

And I'm hoping to find some wheels for that kind of $$ M2M.

Repti, I want to see your hair!

I could totally do smoothies if it were just me.

I'm a hotel this month, in case anyone needs me to have their kids for a few days this month, I still have a few openings. I have 2 extra's for a few nights right now and then my nieces for 8 days starting friday.

I'm kinda hooked on watching the Olympics. It's been quite exciting for the Canadians. Anyone else watching?
February 11th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate it when my husband isn't here because he's the better cook of the two of us, haha.

Good luck with the car M2M

#5, I've been watching but it's really just painful for us, they may as well just change the name of the broadcast here to "watch all the Australian athletes fall over". I don't kniw why we assume we will do well in the winter Olympics, it's a bit of a joke here that we are the only country in the world where snow is not a weather, it's a destination. Which reminds me that we haven't taken the kids to the snow in years, we might go this winter.
February 11th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been laying around so much today my back and hips hurt! Have I told you how much law and order I've watched?
February 11th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
8 episodes?
Farmers-wife likes this.
February 11th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Law and order is quite addictive.

Got a phone call from the older one's school inviting me to the school assembly on Friday because my 17yr old is going to be announced as school vice captain, but he's not allowed to know, it's a surprise.
#5in2005, Repti.Mom and MIL2lissy8 like this.
February 11th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
baseball season started with the first practice of the year tonight. let the madness begin!!!

sooo my car. the repair place put the original starter back in my car and decided it was an electrical problem. charged us to diagnose it and then gave us a deal to fix it. some thing about a fuse something something needed to be replaced. hoping i get it back soon. then on to deal with the oil leak. oh and yes, we are getting our money back that was spent on the starter and the labor. i have all new brakes now as a result of last weekends' little adventure with the starter, soon a new electrical fuse box thingy and then the oil leak fixed. it is in relatively food shape for almost 101,000 miles and its a hyundai. and its paid for finally!

~~terre~~
February 11th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
#5, Can I have reservations for 6?
#5in2005 and mom2many2010 like this.
February 12th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
bwahah! You can have my #6 as well.

Hair was supposed to have some purple in it, but apparently my hair just doesn't take purple. This is the second time I've tried it. Even used a color protein/filler thing this time.
Oh well next time I get it cut and color it, I'll try red or blue or something.
#5in2005 likes this.

February 12th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Feeling better this morning. I lost 5 pounds yesterday! I should not eat and watch law and order for 10 more days and I will meet my goal!
February 12th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My hair's the same colour as yours Repti and it won't take purple without bleach. Didn't do well with blue either.
Makes me very jealous of DD14 and her blonde hair, we bought hair chalk the other day, didn't work on anyone but her (and her hair has been pink for a while). Well, it also worked on my husband until he told the girls to stop colouring in his hair.
February 12th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully that will do it Terre.

The more the merrier Cortney!

Looks nice Repti!

FW, glad you're feeling better. I have never watched law and order, and now I'm not going to, the last thing I need is to get hooked on a show. It's bad enough with the Olympics right now.
February 12th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sorry MIL about the car, hopefully the electrical thing is the fix that you need.

Glad you are feeling better FW!

Repti, Sam just did her's purple, over her brown (dyed) hair, and holy cow was it purple, but so was she. She looked like Barney, her tub looked like Barney exploded in it, and she called me freaked cause she couldn't get the purple out of her tub (rental) I told her to just bleach it everyday and it will fade...it did. Shes going to do it again, but go to megans school this time and let them deal with the purple mess lol

I woke up with a headache but thankfully Ibuprofen helped. The kids school site has been having some major issue's which has been screwing with out day, and just making things more difficult. We're already behind and while some of it we can do without going on line the main subjects we can't.
February 12th, 2014, 09:37 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Sorry about all car troubles mil---hope its fixed.

yah fw!

#5 sounds like your fully booked now.

Repti you look great! I can see purple in the ends.

m2m hopefully the schools site is up and running soon. seriously applaude all you moms that homeschool. I would never have the patience or skill to do that. A lady I met last month ( large family too 7 kids) she homeschooled all her kids and they finish hs super early and one of her daugters is i think 19 or 20 and is already got a masters degree! awesome advanage
February 12th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think any of us would survive if I homeschooled. That said, you can't go to university if you have been homeschooled here, you have to go to either a school or TAFE (I believe is our equivalent of community college) to get an ATAR score, which is what you use to apply to uni with.
February 12th, 2014, 12:43 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
yah im not sure how it works but i just couldnt get over how quickly her children finished high school and then on to at such a young ages. I doubt thats the norm though.
February 12th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Not the norm. And I'm not sure it is. Really the best thing. I already feel bad that my #1 will have her aa degree and we have taken those two years away from her. We don't have the money to pay for college. I'm not sure how she will get the money to pay for university. If she was able to go to the community college, the financial aid she can get would cover it and she could live at home.
February 12th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW what do you mean by taken 2 years away from her?

College, as in community or Uni, isn't always the best option anymore.You have to look at the field, what you can make, what it's going to cost to get the degree, and then balance it all out at the end, especially when you have to start paying on your student loans.

My friend is paying $556 a month back on her student loans and didn't even walk out with the degree she wanted. She's working where Sam is and making the same money.

Lupan, well he decided to not go back because where he is at now, making $19 an hour is top pay in the field he wanted to go into, only he doesn't have any student loans....well only a few but nothing major from his one year.

Trade schools are almost the way to go.

My friend was robbed last night and they believe it was by her husbands son (they didn't raise him, didn't even think he was her husbands). Not once, but he came back a second time only her DIL was up. Scared the tar out of her! He got her bank card and tried to use it on Amazon, Western Union to send money to an inmate (that was the give away), and stole cash from her husbands wallet and also took her $3000 laptop. Nothing else, and there was plenty of other things of value he could have taken.
February 12th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how you guys pay for college, I'm honestly amazed by those who do, the government pays for most of it here, my 19yr old's degree is only going to cost her around $4000 all up, and the government gives interest free loans to al local students that comes out in tax after they graduate, so it doesn't work against you in credit scores.

Yiles, M2M, that's scary.
February 12th, 2014, 02:57 PM
That is terrible! People are crazy.

I mean she will have her aa at 18. So instead of being a true freshman and choose to go to the community college, she is already done with that. Her next step is big kid college. The cost at the low end state university she wants to go to is estimated at $21,000 for tuition, fees, books, room, board, and personal money, per year. Well, she qualifies for the full pell grant, which is $5,400, and has a $3,000 scholarship from the school. So she needs $13,000 more. She has $1,000 in savings. I have zero. So she needs $12,000 more. Even if she gets a student loan, which I almost forbid her from doing, it is only I think $6,000 a year.

She wants to be a doctor. I don't even know what kind of trade school she would be interested in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search