I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2509Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Argh. I've been doing job interviews all afternoon. Why are there so many stupid people? One girl didn't bring a portfolio of work with her and blamed it on "That girl who called me, Lydia or something like that, she didn't tell me to bring anything so really you should be talking to her." I rang everyone to organise interview times and I know that I told her to bring a portfolio. Also, Lydia?
February 19th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is cool you are doing interviews! When I worked I had to hire a person once. I thought it was fun.

My 1&2 took their kittens to be neutered today. My colonoscopy is Tuesday and I feel like I have to poop all the time! I think I am obsessing a little bit. 9 is potty training. She loves panties!
February 19th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that even if you weren't specifically asked for your portfolio, you should think of bringing it without being told, you're there to sell yourself after all.

Good luck with the potty training FW. And don't you have to fast before a colonoscopy?

As far as the whole vehicle thing, for me the attitude has a lot to do with it, I cannot stand entitlement. We're hopefully buying new wheels on Saturday.

I'm spending the day at home today, and good thing.....the laundry that has been on my kitchen table starting monday night is driving me CRAZY. Ideally I would have stayed home yesterday, but it's snowing today so yesterday was a nicer day to go out.
February 19th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Yes, I have to fast on Monday. I can drink sweet tea, though, so that will be nice. Tuesday should be easy, it is Monday I'm not looking forward to. And my appt is at 6:45 am so Tuesday almost doesn't even count. I can't believe I'm this old.
February 19th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You do flowers right Cybele? Provided I am remembering correctly a portfolio seems like a no brainer lol

Thankfully my kids have never felt entitled...well no often, they do get bugs up their bums every once and a while.

I went yesterday and got all of the vehicle registered. Then moved cars around on our insurance. I have discovered that I suck and sentence structures, or maybe it's the book but it makes it a lot more complicated, and I somehow managed to completely confuse myself with fractions times a whole number. I think I'm just having one if those day lol
February 19th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Just out a 1 under the whole number, multiply strait across, then reduce if necessary. I rock at elementary math now.

Taking #4 for his birthday lunch today. His birthday is tomorrow but he has a friend coming to spend the night, and I don't want to take the friend to lunch. I'm working on co op planning until we go.
February 19th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep. But isn't the rule generally that if it's a no brainer most won't do it?

FW, the colonoscopy is the one where you have to drink this weird tasting stuff, isn't it?
February 19th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Yeah, some kind of stuff on Sunday night, then another kind of stuff on Monday morning, then another dose of that Monday afternoon. Should be fun!
February 19th, 2014, 11:12 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
MTM, are you sure my girls aren't living with you??? That sounds pretty much like how the conversation went.

FW, that sounds no fun about the colonoscopy. My mom had one once, but she won't do it again. She practically has anxiety attacks thinking of going through that whole process again.

New picture in progress......
February 19th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ooooh yeah I would never give a teenager a car with their own name on the title. That includes 18 and 19 year old.. unless they bought the thing going through their own deal. I'm a stickler on some things. Not like Utah mom strict though. lmao

My kids have never said anything rude, now my supposed "friends" is a different story. Things like "oh if you have another one you can just hand it off to the older kids.. " I'm not a duggar.. and "make sure when your girls get old enough you get them their "flu shot" every three months so you don't have any babies in the house you don't want"..

The worst I've heard out of any of them (if you consider it an insult) is from Jayde who said she only wants one kid, because more than that would be too much. She also wants to be a special ed teacher. She could work with kids all day and change her mind completely and have none! That's probably what would have happened to me.

We were joking about me being a kindergarten teacher the other day, and I said I wouldn't make it through one recess. All the little twerps would take 30 minutes just to get on their snow crap and I'd throw up my hands and walk out LOL!

February 19th, 2014, 03:28 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
good times FW .....the colonoscopy thing doesnt sound great! I have had a mamogram though ,,,that was NOT as bad as some people have explained. I did have the newer exam thingy machine so not sure if that made it better.

2 bff's are meeting me out tonight after I drop the kids at school, we are going to organize a spring party for the young kids ages 3-7. Thinking to rent out an indoor gym and decorate with a theme. any ideas?
February 19th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FW - the worst part is the drinks and the prep on the days before. as for the sweet tea, be positive that it isn't supposed to be plain tea. i'd hate for you to do all the prep and then be cancelled because of the tea. once you wake up, its all over and you can go out to breakfast feeling fine. (I have had my share of these. ick. )that.is.all.

so I have full blown bronchitis and a sinus infection. my life rocks....NOT. but the good news is I am on a high dose of steroids for 5 days so my packing will get done in record time.

~~terre~~
February 19th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW, I know how to do it. I was having as 'tupid' moment, plus the way they explained it to Vanna confused me. By now I should know better then to look at how they teach it.

Feel better Terre.

Amira enjoy your time out.

Went and bought a new car seat for Kailyn, and my back is KILLING me!!!!!!!!!!!
February 19th, 2014, 06:11 PM
They said soda was ok, so sweet tea has to be fine, right?
February 19th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hmmm well I guess so then.

~~terre~~
February 19th, 2014, 07:37 PM
You guys are not going to believe how stupid we are. So I am going over #2's algebra. She gets a problem wrong. I figure I can do it, so I try, I got it wrong too. Dh is smarter than all of us, he gets it wrong too. #1 knows everything, she got it wrong too. So I said "get #3's book, what'd she get?" She got it right. She is in 7th grade. She is scary smart. Freaking me out a little.
HalfDozen likes this.
February 20th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like my 12yr old FW, my 14yr old seethes when her little sister helps her with homework.

Amira, I've had one of the "old technology" ones and that wasn't too bad either. One of my best friends had a double mastectomy following breast cancer, anyone who complains about mammograms being uncomfortable around her gets put on their place.
February 20th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW that's funny, we had something similar with Cole and Vanna, she helped him with a language assessment that he kept failing. His weakness, but not hers.
February 20th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here #2 is a math whiz but can barely read (not really, he can, he just struggles) and #1 is so good with reading and writing that she was accused of cheating but cannot work a math problem to save her life (this might be a little closer to the truth than I'd like).

Dh and I got into it over a water bill and a missing checkbook (he was the last to use it)! How in the world did people manage to argue long distance without text messaging? Anyway, the whole thing has me drained. I don't think I have want it takes to argue anymore. Plus, it was stupid in the first place.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

February 20th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They just didn't argue. By the time one of them got 'home' they would just be over it!

New people moving in nextdoor it appears. I hope they're decent. It takes too much effort to not like so many people.

#3, and #4 are like that with math, and bad in English too. It's so weird.
Momtothe6thpower likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search