I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2560Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2014, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
February 22nd, 2014, 08:21 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Darn, UM! I was so hoping you were going to join me in October!! Congrats, though! By the way, Cheaper by the Dozen is one of my favorite movies. I never read the book, but I hear they're not that similar. Truthfully, I think I'm just a fan of Steve Martin. Parenthood is another of my favorite movies. This time when we announce, I'm waiting for the, "Let's have 4. Let's have 5. Let's have 6 and call them donuts!" line.

I'm really rocking the mom thing these days. I made cinnamon and orange rolls for breakfast this morning. Just out of a tube, but it still counts, right?

The kids are on break all next week. I give myself till Monday afternoon before I'm ready to send all the older kids back! That might be generous on my part.
~mommy~ likes this.

New picture in progress......
February 22nd, 2014, 09:16 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Oh man I totally love Steve Martin too!! I loved his version of Pink Panther.. too funny but all his movies are classically gooooood..

Halfdozed I think any type of baking counts, If the oven is turned on...its baking! sounds yummy btw.

I on the other hand copped out on an adventures breakfast and gave everyone avacodo on ww toast. But did promise to make green smoothies later for them.

Gotta plan a good lunch/dinner for my family tomorrow. Not quite sure what I will make but sure it will involve lamb and rice.....
February 22nd, 2014, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
sooo good news/bad news.....talked to the landlord yesterday and saw the house again while she had an estate sale. she is no where near ready to be out this week and still have time to clean the house. good thing I haven't hired the truck or made the utility changes yet. I saw the house in the birhgt sunlight and geez the walls are baaaddddd. so DH called her last night to ask if they would paint and she said she would AND wanted to know if I wanted to pick the color!!! I am totally prepared for that answer. so I am hoping she gets it together this weekend and gets it painted this week so we can still move next weekend. its a good thing we gave an extended deadline to be out of here though -- it looks like we might need it!

~~terre~~
February 22nd, 2014, 10:37 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I agree wit Amira, baking is baking!

I LOVE avocado on toast!!!!!

MIL that doesn't sound to bad...

I'm sitting at the laundromat. I could not get laundry caught up from when I was sick, so here I sit. At least it will all be done in a couple of hours
February 22nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
it's so hard to get caught up if you're very behind in laundry, and that would be the way to do it.

My Oma turns 90 today, so that is a blessing indeed.

I'm excited about picking up my oldest today, she's been gone for the week. Not so excited to be on the road since it's snowing a little, and generally speaking it is BAD around the airport, I'll take it easy for sure. Dropped off my 2 extra's this morning, it's been fun having them, they just kinda blended in.
February 22nd, 2014, 12:24 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Hope that things are in order for your move MIL!! what color are you painting the walls?

M2M that is the perfect solution to laundry catch up. I cant stand getting behind on that either ,

#5 congrats on Omas 90th!! thats truly a blessing and amazing. My grandmother on my mothers side is coming up on hers too. My grandmother on fathers side passed just before her 70th.

I know I have mentioned it before but seriously...how do you ladies do it?? driving in the snow? Do you take driving lessons ? DO you have chains and snow tires? Are you legs shaking the whole ttime while driving? Are ever scared to drive in it? Have any of you had an accident while driving in it? I dont think I would the skill or the courage to try it. Maybe a very short distance but I know for sure my legs would have a hard standing afterwards.
February 22nd, 2014, 01:08 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Can I just say that I totally love my new SBICCA sandals!!! if you want a pretty decent priced shoe that is a " high heel " get these as they are high but dont feel high and are soooo comfy!! just thought Id share.
February 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Haha Amira. I can't walk in anything that isn't flat. I'm so dang clumsy! Thankfully my girls do not have the same issue.

# 5, hope DD had a great time!

Laundry was all done until my husband got ready for work lol

Notice going on here. I'm hoping to sit on my butt and be a lazy slob until morning. One can dream right?
AmiraX4 likes this.
February 22nd, 2014, 05:26 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Party is over, was a huge success! We had a ****on of food, kids, and cake! And after all the fun was had and everyone went home, I went and got a new love seat and oversize chair from a friend who is torpedoing her marriage and family, but that is for another post. I got new furniture!

So now to clean all the sticky stuff off of everything!
#5in2005 and Momtothe6thpower like this.
February 22nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No lessons on driving in snow...just go slow...plan your stops ahead of time (or don't stop, which I've had to do before at stop signs)...and steer into the skid (this is actually fun). No wreaks so far (knock on wood). Snow isn't that bad (as long as it's not a blizzard and there's salt on the road. It's ice that's a beotch!

Ok, UM...#12 is my lucky number and my birthday is Nov 2nd (and I always wanted a birthday baby) so I think this one is actually going to come early and celebrate a birthday with me!

Oh and any guesses on the gender based on the test like last time?
MIL2lissy8 and AmiraX4 like this.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

February 22nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ok..so why is it that my house seems clean UNTIL I know my Mother is coming????

Every where I turn I see something that needs to be done suddenly. I got tons of fresh flowers everywhere but they dont seeem to working. as in I cant get my clean enough now. aarrgggg
~mommy~ likes this.
February 22nd, 2014, 10:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^^^^maybe you put too much pressure on yourself Amira. relax and just enjoy your visit.

~~terre~~
February 23rd, 2014, 02:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Deep breaths Amira. It's never as bad as you think it is.

Personally, my mother and I have a very... peculiar relationship. We're scarily similar, but we channel our personalities in opposite ways, she's very controlled and self-restrictive whereas I'm all over the place. Anyway, she recently has inserted herself back in my life, by just walking into my house whenever she feels like it, so I'm beyond caring about what she thinks about my house now, because even if I clean it until it sparkles she will still find something to meet her disapproval, so eh.
February 23rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Amira, remember your mom is coming to visit you and the kids, not your house lol
HalfDozen likes this.
February 23rd, 2014, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^^^what M2M said!

to whomever asked me, if I get to choose I am going to go get the paint can from my old house and show her. its kinda of a common color these days. it was called tavern taupe, swiss mocha, and other names but basically a creamy taupe with a hint of pink in it as opposed to a yellow cast that I originally had in my house. it totally doesn't look pink at all - looks like a creamy beige but with the warmth of the pink. it is very soothing and calming to me. I hope she comes through because she has lots of yellow and gold and those two colors ruin me.

so you might have heard that my car died AQGAIN yesterday and we had to tow it this time. my husband was flippin mad so he said that's it - we are going shopping. we went to this place that helps those with 'marginal credit but good income' buy used cars. we qualified for a 2012 Hyundai santa fe suv. it was a former rental car and is in very good condition, perfect colors for me and makes me happy. yes, we are paying exhorbitant interest but we can at least have a vehicle that starts.

so back to my van. we towed it to the mechanics who were closed so we just parked it there outside. its in a very isolated neighborhood and i wanted to go last night to get my stuff out of it. we went at about 9:30pm and guess what --- it started. so now it sits in front of my house till tomorrow.

I offered it to my daughter for a screaming low price AFTER we figure out the problem but she said no thanks. so now we don't know what we are gonna do.

my brain wont shut off and I was up typing all night last night, finally falling asleep around 5am and up by ten. ugh - today is gonna suck!

~~terre~~
February 23rd, 2014, 01:08 PM
I start my colon prep tonight. I anticipate being in the bathroom all day tomorrow, so I hope you will all be posting a lot. I can tell stories, ask advice, and update you on all my elimination exploits.
February 23rd, 2014, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
trust me - you will be!! drink lots of clear fluids......and have some non-alcohol wipes handy. baby wipes sting - need I say more?

~~terre~~
February 23rd, 2014, 02:20 PM
Yes because I thought baby wipes would help! Help!
February 23rd, 2014, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
see PM

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search