I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2108Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2014, 04:45 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So we had drama here today.

I got a call from the Havana (2 counties away) police department looking for info from me or #1 on how to get in touch with Michael (the throw up guy) because the parents of Samantha said he was the last person she was talking to before she went missing. My friend (her mom) called me soon after to ask for my help locating Samantha because she was missing and she was worried she would try to harm herself. So I sent #1 a message to try to call/text Samantha just to get a reply. Meanwhile, I fb chatted Samantha's ex boyfriend to get him to just see if she would reply so we would know she was alive. My friend was still on the phone with me. He did, she did, my friend had some relief. #1 gets home and was trying to get in touch with Samantha. An hour or so later a jefferson sheriff shows up at my house. We think it is because of Samantha. But no, my neighbor called to complain about #1 driving too fast on our road. Samantha's sister texted #2 to tell her that the Havana sheriff brought Samantha home. 30 minutes later my friend called to tell me Samantha was home. I told her I already knew! She was not amused. I told them to baker act her.

Then I started my colon prep stuff. Fun day!
February 23rd, 2014, 05:20 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Our! Your own private road? Glad your friends DD is home, kids are a pain in the ***!

MIL sell it, and least make enough to turn around and apply it to the new car.

Lupans GF grandma finally passed last night, she's hanging in there and my son listened to my advice.

Today I had almost every one of the kids home. They all (minus Lupan) just showed up. Can I say I forgot how crazy my house is when they are all here? I kinda like just having the 4 younger ones lol
February 23rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
Yes, the road we live on is a mile long dirt road maintained by the people who own property. There are 6 houses and a vacant plot. So all 7 landowners pitch in money to pay for gravel or dirt or limestone or whatever crap we put out there. This one guy thinks he should be king of our road. We have run ins every so often over stuff but he really has it in for my daughters driving. We generally just smile and wave and ignore him. He has stepped it up a notch calling the po po. I'm not amused.
February 23rd, 2014, 06:54 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I got it, lupans GF's mom shares an easement with a few houses, but one guy seems to think he owns it. He even went so far as to 'make' a two way road. He freaks when people drive on 'his' side but legally he doesn't own it. Everyone has offered to pitch in for gravel but he will hear none of it. The roads are crappy, so just to piss him off I drive on his side of the road lol.

Oh and do like I do, the bird wave (middle finger up and proud), they'll never notice what you're doing, but you might feel better
February 24th, 2014, 06:09 AM
It actually makes us happier to literally smile and wave because I know it drives them nuts that we are so nice and happy. In this case though, he is right, she drives too fast. But it isn't his problem. It's mine. And she can be an idiot and won't listen. When she gets a ticket on a real road maybe she will. But our road is a private dirt road. She isn't going to hurt anything. He just doesn't like it. He has stopped my bil, friends, and dh to tell them all to slow down. But I think he was trying to really intimidate her. That's obnoxious.

Drank the second of three prep concoctions. Not going too badly. I need to drink 32 oz of water by 10am. Should start a new thread for updates or just post here? I appreciate your support and words of encouragement and jokes or whatever to get me through the day. So get on it!
February 24th, 2014, 07:32 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I updated in the PM and shared my blog post about it. no photos yet but its ugly.

~~terre~~
February 24th, 2014, 07:56 AM
I don't need photos. Prayers for his healing.
February 24th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You've got this FW, bring on your inner beast!

February 24th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Cute. It isn't so bad. Just lounging around, having the dh shewing the kids away from my door.

So my friend wouldn't let her kids be in, help with, promote, or come to cabaret. I'm fine with a person making that decision. But she just let her 17 yo watch rent! And she has no problem with that? I don't understand. The 17yo and I were chatting about it on fb.
February 24th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
FW, you're introducing me to a whole new world here, I can't believe so many people object so strongly to a musical. My oldest was in a school production of Rocky Horror a few years back and no one batted an eyelid.
February 24th, 2014, 09:51 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I like the new thread thing....Fw hang in there.

M2M-----just FUNNNY!

MIL praying for a quick recovery for your grandson!!

Lunch/dinner went well. We shared some funny pics and played a card game called ..kings corner? very weird but oh welll. I havent seen my oldest brother in long while so was nice to see him again. I held his hug for a lonnnng time. I can really see his aging though. Makes me wonder how much older I look???

I added something to this in the PM
February 24th, 2014, 10:26 AM
My friends and I tend to be very Christian conservative. I have become more liberal over the years, with age I guess and more grace or mercy or something, I'm not sure what. The biggest problem I have with them is the inconsistency. I just don't see the difference between one show having gay innuendos and prostitutes and another having gay drug users and prostitutes.

I'm starting to get really hungry. I might make me some chicken broth. I can't wait til tomorrow! But otherwise this isn't too bad. I'm not looking forward to the last drink of potion, but I think I won't cry or die or throw up.
February 24th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck FW!!! Keep on posting away

DD had a fantastic time in Ottawa, as I thought she would. We found her a set of wheels at this used car place that was pretty scary, but dh is mechanically inclined so I think we did ok.

It was -40 here this morning, so my younger kids are home from school.
February 24th, 2014, 03:17 PM
What can you do in -40 weather? That just sounds so dangerous. I'm glad she had a good time. You said she would.

Got 2/3rds of the last prep potion down, nearly losing it twice. I said that's enough. Things have been going smoothly. I am looking forward to getting this out of the way early tomorrow and getting something to eat! I'm hungry.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
February 24th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hows it going FW?

Looks like Sam will be out of a job come April 25th. Forget that they told everyone that it was a 30 month contract and that even when the AHCA stopped enrolling that they had other contracts to fill the need, and keep jobs open, or the fact that just last month they were hiring...... so I'm writing up her resume and I guess we start looking. My friends in the same boat, so really I'll be looking for 2 people.
February 24th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Pretty well I think. In bed fixing to shut down for the night. Alarm is set, clothes laid out. Ready to get this done and get some Cfa biscuits!

Sorry about her job. I hope she finds something quickly.

Talk to you all tomorrow afternoon.
February 24th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Good luck tomorrow!
February 24th, 2014, 10:38 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Hope some jobs come their way soon!

Good luck FW ....!
February 25th, 2014, 02:42 AM
I'm going in!
February 25th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bummer about the job!

Hope all goes well FW.

About winter driving, dh insists on putting the best tires money can buy on my van, and you just get used to it. I know how my van reacts, so I know what to do if I start slipping in a parking lot or something. Just going slow really helps a lot too.

I am mad/frustrated at my father in law, my self centered sister and my grade 9 daughters teacher, and I'm trying not to be because in each situation it just is what it is, and in the end it's not anything major, so I just have to get over it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search