I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm home! One polyp removed. I'm going to sleep
February 25th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ok FW -- glad its over. did you enjoy the CFA?

well finally fell asleep around 2a.m. and up by 6. taking the van with the new key to the dealer to get the anti-theft system disengaged to see if that could be the problem.

wyatt is going on a field trip to the living desert - its a park in the palm springs area that has wild animals like a zoo and nature stuff too. it has a vet hospital where they can actually watch through the window while the docs tend hurt animals. hoping he has fun.

it is supposed to absolutely pour rain on Friday and Saturday while we are moving -- pour like they are already filling and placing sandbags. why not, right?

~~terre~~
February 25th, 2014, 08:23 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Glad its over FW get lots of rest!

THe field trip sounds fun.

Going to make some pancakes and french toast to put in the freezer for easy early morning breakfasts, then another load of laundry and clean 3 toilets then bathe all the kids and out to dinner. Im feeling DH's absence for sure!
February 25th, 2014, 08:59 AM
That does sound like a great field trip. Potty break and now back to sleep.
February 25th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Glad you're home FW!

MIL that sounds like a lot of fun, and hopefully that will solve your car issue's.

Amira, hang in there!

I hate writing resumes. I hate trying to make someone sound more experienced then they are lol, all these adjectives are making my head hurt. Then finding references...the problem is that their supervisors were told to not give out references or they risk their jobs. The company will give a letter of recommendation only if the employees stay till April 25th. I'm hoping we won't need it.
February 25th, 2014, 12:56 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Amira, I LOVE King's Corner. We used to always play it with my grandma. The older girls and I were just playing it the other day. Sounds like your cleaning is going great!

FW, glad to hear you didn't have too much trouble with the colonoscopy.

MTM, resumes can certainly be a pain. I have spent many years reviewing them when we're hiring. I like to think mine are well-written, but I can never get a call back on my own. I've had better luck with recruiters. Would she be able to go that route?

Nothing new here. Day 2 of school break, and I guess we're holding up okay. #3 just told me she's never coming back home once she leaves for college. Whatever!
AmiraX4 likes this.

New picture in progress......
February 25th, 2014, 03:59 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2M then you would love doing my resume! theres nothing to put on it...loool especially no references...well unless my children count..
I dont think I even know how to write a resume. I know what it is but...yah

Halfdozen, Ha ya I heard that before and it lasts for about a day or so!

DS3 we just got registered for his SAT
February 25th, 2014, 11:27 PM
1/2dz, I hear that all the time from #1. Time will tell I guess.

Good luck to your son Amira!

#2&3 are going on a wonderful road trip with #2's art teacher. Last year they went to Atlanta. This year she is taking them to st. Pete, fl. They are getting a two room suite at a b&b, going to a nice dinner out, and going to 3or4 museums. She is so awesome to them. But they didn't have their math done and 2 didn't have her Spanish done. And was really struggling. So from about 7:30 to 1:30 she and I worked on it. The art teacher is coming at 6am. I went to switch the laundry and found poop! Oh geez! 3's favorite pants she wants to wear in the morning stink like poop. So I ran it again, switched it and now making sure they dry before I go to bed. It's 2:30 now!
February 26th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
1/2 dz we are looking at all routes. We're even looking for entry level work in hospitals or doctors offices since she is HIPPA certified and has insurance knowledge under her belt.

Amira good luck to DS3. Lupan fell asleep the first time so he had to take it twice lol

FW hope the kids have a good time. Spanish sucks, this coming from a woman who's family spoke it, and took 4 years of it. My husband is fluent, always surprised me when it comes out if his white boy mouth when someone talks to him in it. My knowledge ends at como esta? Hahaha
February 26th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If I could speak any other language it would be spanish. But I'm fluent in dutch and english, so that will have to do.

Sounds like a great road trip!

I think I wrote a resume in high school, so it's been a while.

Todays activity: housecleaning. I don't feel like it and wish that I had something different to do, even though I should be glad I have a whole day to get this done and can actually keep at it. I guess I just have to be a grown up about it.
February 26th, 2014, 08:48 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
What a great experience for your kids FW! My 2 olders DS1 and DS2 have traveled ( hope that sp doesnt use 2 ll's ) together, more flying than actuall road trip but DS2 loves doing road trips with his freinds. They usually get along the whole time but great memories! doing the whole B&B sounds like to much fun!
Oh and hats off to you for even washing the poop, I would have to lazy and just thrown em out and taken the rath of guilt for throwing the poor kids favorite clothes.

Spanish is invaluable to learn especially in the USA. I would love to learn spanish but also tried it in HS and failed! We speak only 2 lanuages in the home which is of course arabic and english. I love the sound of dutch or even french. Italian too!
February 26th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I took Spanish and Italian in high school. I got a degree in Russian. I feel very confident working through this with her. Plus living in fl there are plenty of people she can talk to. Also, her art teacher speaks fluent Spanish so I have that angle too.

For those of you who speak English as a second language, Spanish would be so easy. English and Chinese are the hardest languages to learn non native. If you can do that, you can do anything! Amira, I had a friend in college who was a native Farsi speaker, came to us and learned English, then was studying Russian and French in college from English speaking profs. She spoke so beautifully. And she was gorgeous. She eventually was working for cnn, but now no one can find her. Other friends have looked for her, but she seems to have disappeared.

If you can do English and Arabic, you can do Spanish.
AmiraX4 likes this.
February 26th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We speak mostly English at home but Hindi with some of my husband's family. The kids learned Cantonese in primary school and my 12yr old is learning Japanese at school. They have picked up a bit of Vietnamese from my brother in law, but not enough to hold a decent conversation.

With resumes, keep a digital copy and update as you go along, it's much easier than starting from scratch each time.
February 26th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Haha Spanish is the language of the devil, although I can understand it a lot better then I can speak it. I'm freakin' part Hispanic, my great grandparents and some aunts and uncles did not speak English and I couldn't pick it up. I'm beyond illiterate, even now some of my IL's don't speak English, we're on FB together, I have to use google translate.....which let me tell you is worse then I am sometimes. I don't know what it is but my brain is not wired for it.

My MIL speaks to the kids in Spanish, but they're like me, they understand it far better then they can speak it.

So I've decided to pull Cole out of K-12. I'm beyond frustrated with them. It's still working great for the other kids, but not him. He's so far behind in math, just math, but he does score 70's on the test, that they want to call in truancy cause he's not meeting his goals. He also struggles in sentence structure, but again scores in the 70's on test. They say because I don't just move him along...forget that he isn't understanding, that it means he's not meeting his goals. In K-12 you have to master a test, mastering is 80%, you can not be average, you have to basically be an A student, because of that they are already talking about holding him back a year. Never mind that all other area's of study are up to their standards.

They are always pulling the, "well we're a public school, we have to follow the law".Well in public school a D is passing....not that I want him to have a D, he would technically have a high C on most tests. So when I asked where we go, because if they are already talking about flunking him, what does it mean for the rest of his year. She wouldn't answer, then tried to back track. So I said "Well then maybe I need to pull him from the school, and see if a different set up would work for him" She was like "if that's what you want". Here's the kicker... when I asked, about when that could be done, meaning once I found a school, and figured out where to go I wanted to know when to do it. Her reply "Well I can do it now" and HUNG UP on me. I thought maybe it was an accident, nope, she never called me back.

So I don't know where I'm going from here. I know that I need to take Cole back to the basics with math though.
February 26th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
~~~waving hi~~~~~

cody opened his stitched. swollen eye this afternoon! that is good.

~~terre~~
February 26th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Waves hi back!

I did that once after an operation. It's a charming scar now, Megan also got stitches in her head after a school incident, the very next morning, she tripped and fell and landed right on the same spot LMBO!

Hope he feels better!
February 26th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh no -- I meant he literally opened up his eye after not being able to open it at all for the last 2.5 days. he didn't hurt it again. sorry for not being clearer about that.

I love the rain, you know I do. but please God if you love me, hold off till Saturday night, not Saturday morning.

~~terre~~
February 26th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Oh the swelling has gone down. That's even better news haha

Aren't you guys already getting a good bit of rain? That's what the news is saying. Part of that storm is supposed to hit us sometime tomorrow, but not as strong as you guys are supposed to get.
February 27th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
its barely sprinkling here but they are predicting massive rain amounts for the next three days. its gonna suck bigtime to move in the rain but if we can get a break in it long enough to move even just the big furniture -- it will be fine. when we moved last year it rained. my son was on the truck ramp pulling a dresser or refrigerator or something. he slipped in the wet, what ever it was fell on his leg and he got a fractured leg out of it. so I am more than a little nervous about moving in the rain again.

~~terre~~
February 27th, 2014, 09:50 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I love the rain! the sound, smell of it and I love rain! I just hope that for you MIL it magically will not happen for your move. Sounds like your previous experience was not good. If it does though hopefully it goes smoothly and no one gets hurt.

M2M what a rude lady! and that is aweful that she responded like that. Your right and sounds like he isnt failing so why do they not work with him individually? and give him different goals to work with???? poor him, does he feel ok with being out? Her attitude of not helping and suggesting and just hanging up on you was very unprofessional and completely opposite of what her job is suppose to be about! you handled much better than I would.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search