I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2014, 04:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't going anywhere this saturday morning, we didn't go to the ski hill because of the cold. It was -39 plus a windchill that makes it feel like -55 or something. No, I don't know why I live here either, but hopefully this is the end of the cold snap.

Dh and I are going out tonight, dinner and hypothetical dancing. In the past I have kinda hated going to these things (they're from a board dh is on), so this time I invited a bunch of "my" people, so it should be fun.

Hope everyone is staying warm/dry/whatnot.
March 1st, 2014, 07:31 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sweet date night! We went out for tonight too. Dinner, Walmart, ice cream.

So my dad is a total d bag. Like 40 or so years ago my parents bought a cemetery plot. They have been married and divorced to like 6 other people since then, but they still sort of owned it. He and his current wife bought a new plot somewhere in Georgia or something and somehow my sister got involved in selling the plot. She found a buyer for $4000. My dad wants his half. My sister was planning to do some repairs on our mothers trailer, get her some clothes, shoes, etc. he was all demanding his half of the money. I've told you how he lives in a McMansion, has more money than god, and my mother lives on ssi disability and is crazy. My sister is so mad. I'm not surprised.
March 1st, 2014, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There is a little festival here that the neighboring council puts on every year to celebrate the last weekend of summer, which is this weekend. DD14 is there performing with her circus school, DD12 won a giant stuffed toy dog, we went to the twilight screening of Monsters University and DS6 made friends with a donkey. So pretty successful weekend.
#5in2005 likes this.
March 2nd, 2014, 07:34 AM
That sounds delightful. I love little festivals.

Someone is looking at the house today. My dh is all yelling at everyone and in a crabby mood trying to get stuff cleaned up. Then he bakes cookies and leaves them out. He is such a goober.
March 2nd, 2014, 12:34 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That's pretty crappy FW, who paid for the plots? Hope today's showing was a good one!

Cy, that sounds like fun!

Cut Coles hair, it's a yearly thing. Cleaned the house, gosh I love magic erasers, now I'm getting ready to beat my kids. Goodness the fighting today and the sad thing is part of it's the 20 year old, you'd think she'd now better then to engage in arguments with little ones when she's not gonna win.
March 2nd, 2014, 07:18 PM
Technically he did, but it was pre-1975. She was home with me and my sister. He's just an ***.

I rearranged the boys room with them today. Cleaned, vacuumed, sort clothes. They love the new arrangement and worked hard. And right now and for the next 12 hours, their room doesn't smell like pee.

Oh and #3 started today! She is bummed. The other two girls started at 13 1/2. She will be 13 next month, so she thought she had 6 more months at least.
March 2nd, 2014, 07:24 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I been thinking about getting thise erasers, the commercials make them seem great.

cybele, how many kids do you have? you wrote dd14??

about to cut me uo some fresh pineapple! yum
March 2nd, 2014, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
5. As in, she is 14, haha. I definitely do not have 14 kids, I would hide under the house and cry if I did.
AmiraX4 likes this.
March 3rd, 2014, 06:57 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I want another date night, with no kids, somehow our date nights always end up with kids.

FW, sounds like my dad, he'd do the same thing. I am not a fan of his. Hope the showing went good. Oh and 13, or 13 1/2 sounds great, I started at 11 1/2. My oldest dd is 11 now. Ughhh.

A festival sounds fun, but I don't like crowds. Glad everyone had fun.

M2M, for some reason my olders always think arguing with the littles is a good idea. ***rolleyes***

Fresh pineapple is yummy!

Went back to work today, need to plan another vacation soon.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 3rd, 2014, 07:23 AM
Pee smell is back. I have two boys that wet the bed pretty much every other night.
March 3rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
At least it was clean for a little while FW. And ARG, your dad, that is so infuriating.

Just a regular monday here, but tomorrow we're going skiing for a few days, we used to go every year with our friends, but now it's been years, so I'm excited about going.
March 3rd, 2014, 11:14 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I finally got sydney out of pull ups and she's 9. RJ is 7 and I stuck him back in pull ups because I was sick of the pee smell.

I think I was in 6th grade? I don't even remember. So 11 or 12. There is at least one girl who has her period already in Jayde's class (5th grade) They do swimming, sucks to be her lol. She's also really greasy. If my kid is going to get their period 'early' I'm at least making sure their humps are covered correctly, they don't stink, and they aren't grease balls. Gross.

March 3rd, 2014, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel sorry for the girls that start so early. Especially if they're not taught proper hygiene at home. My #4 gets really greasy hair really fast, took me a while to find something that worked well for her.

It's quiet in here today! Monday is my non-busy day as far as activities go, Tuesday is the opposite. #1 and #2 start rugby practise tomorrow morning at 7 am. I'm glad she has her drivers license!
March 3rd, 2014, 11:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Repti, it took me way too long to figure out what you eere saying, I was imagining little girls with camel humps, haha. I think I need to go to bed.

I didn't realise periods and greasy hair were related?
March 4th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Greasy hair and periods is more about puberty. Coles at the age where his hair is always greasy. Thankfully he let me chop his hair so it won't be as bad anymore. Vanna is 9 so I know it's coming, she's already getting boobies I think she's gonna take after her mom....The car broke down again, first it was a starter which I thought we'd already replaced. Then tranny fluid started gushing out. Turns out it was some 'hoes' that goes from the transmission to the engine. Yesterday Sam's boyfriend came out and stole it, he took it to his brothers cause his brother has a garage and I guess to fix the problem it needed to be tore apart. He won't ever tell me how much anything cost, last time Sam found the recipes but he grabbed them from her and threw them out the cars window. So I know he's been wanting a certain Zippo lighter, I got it for him. He's a good kid.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hoes, it should say hose lol
March 4th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Even better when you blame the hoes for the tranny fluid.Sorry, couldn't help myself.
mom2many2010 likes this.
March 4th, 2014, 06:05 PM
My sister sold the cemetery plots today. She got my moms headstone thing. I don't know why. I suggested she give it to my dad and $1000 as his "half". This was her story of what happened today:"Hahaha. He emailed the the notarized paperwork earlier today so he wasn't there when I signed w the buyer. Nice lady. Her and her husband have plots there but she wanted a set for their kids (for some crazy reason) . Anyway, before the buyer came I was w the glen haven l(owned by Baldwin Fairchild monster mega funeral home) lady who was pressing me pretty hard to buy their pre paid cremation. I already priced with them in the fall and it was $3200 w a marker and "burial" of the remains. I'm not paying the $1200 difference and surely didn't think you were either. So I told her she will likely sit on the shelf next to my three dog remains. She said "well that's fine and all but what about when you are gone? You are just passing off your responsibility" I said I don't really care what happens when I'm gone . She said "so likely she will just end up in the trash". I said, maybe. I probably will too. She looked at me like I was crazy. I said listen, I'm a hospice nurse. Everyone dies. She toned it down. But quite the cut throat sales person I must say. Marge said I should have "reported" her for saying throwing mom in the trash. I laughed and said her job is to sell their bs. And I don't think they care how she does it . So we are done. The plan was she would call me when they get moms marker out of storage. I passed a guy when I went to my car. Turns out he was carrying moms marker. So they called me back in and I opened it and cracked up . That pretty much sealed the deal in their eyes that I really crazy. If there is ANY DOUBT of that fact that I'm crazy, I pulled out my phone, snapped a photo and said," oh my sister is gonna love this". That for sure made it clear in their eyes that I'm nuts. Then I sent photo to Marge. She cracked up. And said "omg they found it". See, we went looking for it in the cemetery Saturday. But couldn't find it. Cause it wasn't in the ground yet. Oh the stories. I'm confident you are close to peeing your pants laughing and making that weird kinda stutter laugh at this point."She did in fact send me a picture of the grave marker thing.
March 5th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Haha FW, my sister tells my mom that we are just going to donate her to science that way we won't have to worry about any of it. Not sure how much she's joking lolGot my car back, yay, again. Yet, again he wouldn't tell me how much, but this time I did have a gift for him. I knew he wouldn't tell me and Sam couldn't find the receipts. Sam got good new's today. First her card was declined on a $2 purchase which sent her into panic (our banks cards do this from time to time), so she called the bank and she had more money then she thought. Then she went to check on her points at work, for missing days and it turns out her boss isn't very good about keeping track so even though she's taken a few days off to look for jobs, her points are only at a 2. Her next bit of good news was that of the 2,000 employees, she is number 3, which means she has a good shot at keeping her job ad they've decided to tell everyone who will be staying in a week, instead of next month. She really likes that job so she's really hoping she get's to stay.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
March 5th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
M2M I had to read that twice to see why he was throwing recipes out the window lol.
Hopefully the car is in perfect running condition now though!

Yeah greasy kids and puberty and periods and humps all go together. Noah takes pretty good care of himself, he's 12, only thing he sucks at is taking toothbrush to sleep overs. Pisses me off because I am the one that has to pay for his grody teeth.

March 5th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Repti, you don't throw recipes out the window? lolThe joys of autocorrect when I am on my phone.My hip/sciatic is KILLING me today. I did not think I was going to make it our of Walmart it hurts so bad. The kids suggested I use one of their motorized ones, but I could imagine people staring and thinking that the only reason I was sitting in it is cause I'm fat....I'm not that fat, but still.Oh and then when we left we tried getting into the wrong vehicle. I was getting pissed cause the doors wouldn't open hahahahaha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search