I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Had to run a crap ton of errands today. My husbands hard drive in staring to crash. Bless it's heart, the computer told him there was a un fixable hard drive problem and get all his stuff off soon! The boss already sent the new hard drive to replace it, but he has to get his stuff off so we went and got a thing for that. Made #3's appt to get her braces on. She is not excited. Or realtor called. The lady that came to look on Sunday had some more questions about the neighborhood association. There isn't one. We all kick in money every couple years to fix the road. That's it. So now I'm scared she will put in an offer. Dh and I have made a preliminary plan of putting in an offer on my friends house we stayed in 2012-13 winter. Since it is a short sale, we could "house sit" again and live for free while the contract goes through the process. I'm freaking out a little bit, which dh says is premature.

And I should tell my sister about donating my mother to science! That would save a lot of money! We are horrible people.
March 5th, 2014, 03:18 PM
This lady is here testing #6 reading skills. He will be 7 in July. She is working on her PhD and has to practice giving these reading tests. He is on the 14-16 year old word lists now.
#5in2005 and UrbanMomma like this.
March 5th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi ladies ~~ just a quick note to say i am alive but its been a h*ll of an experience - in a bad way. more later.....
mom2many2010 likes this.

~~terre~~
March 6th, 2014, 12:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
M2M, I've done that before, but in my defense it was my sister in law's car, not my own.

FW, that's awesome.

Currently peeved off with my husband. His default response to any issue, regardless of whether he knows what the problem is or not is to say "It's okay, just relax", which at times can be really infuriating, such as when hot oil spurts on you when you are cooking dinner. It doesn't matter how relaxed you are, hot oil still hurts, argh. I think he's feeling bad for saying it, he made me tea which he never does, but I'm still annoyed.
March 6th, 2014, 11:18 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I been having trouble pulling up this board so hopefully this message shows also cant read one last message here from this device only....hope everyones well and hoping your move wasnt to difficult MIL....

Things have been crazy busy here and we have an evening school carnival tomorrow so that should be interesting and fun.

Dh just said he has to extend his stay and will be gone on our annv! oooh well...hopefully he brings me some really nice jewlery to make up for it, Im still deciding on what to get him.
March 6th, 2014, 11:39 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
MIL just saw your post and seems things were not so good. ..hope it turns around
March 7th, 2014, 07:26 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Just popping in to say hello to everyone.

FW, you have more troubles with your father than anyone I know. I'm sorry you have to go through all that!! I tell my mom all the time that even with the crazies we have in our family, we're still not as bad off as a lot of families.

UM, the hospital I deliver at has a midwife/OB practice that I go through. The bad side is that you don't know which person you'll end up with when you deliver, but you can choose a midwife or an OB. I always wanted to do a home birth, but I don't want the mess!! Also, I don't progress on my own so I know I have to have pitocin every time, which makes it not ideal for being at home. I certainly don't want to be in labor for days on end, especially when my water usually breaks on its own.

#1 has car issues. I know she only bought the car for $800, but we've had all kinds of problems with it. She's already replaced the battery. Now something else is draining the battery, and the shop can't find what it is. So, we have to keep loaning her one of our cars so that she can get to work, etc. I suppose we need to start doing some car shopping - for both of us. I guess I could give her mine. LOL! I'm sure she'd be thrilled driving my rocking mini van around.
mom2many2010 likes this.

New picture in progress......
March 7th, 2014, 08:31 AM
I don't have trouble with him anymore. He is all my sisters problem now. Looking at houses, freaking out. I feel like mil!
mom2many2010 likes this.
March 7th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Have you received an offer on the house FW?Half, at $800 I'd expect to have to put some money into it, but I know that it sucks! Nothing going on here, which is always nice.
March 7th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Not yet. She called again wanting more clarification on land use. She wants to build green houses and grow flowers to sell. That will be no problem here. It would be a problem if she wanted to open a store for people to come here. But really no one here is going to care, except one guy. He would be the one to get mad about something. But just growing flowers and taking them to markets won't be a problem. So I feel like she is going to put an offer. But if it isn't really good, like close to asking and no closing costs, then we will turn it down. But we figure might as well start looking. There are a handful of places I want to look at. Going to get more haircuts for some kids.
March 7th, 2014, 09:17 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
its carnival night and dh called me a bit agohes coming back on Sunday and we ALL will be going back in the summer. Happy happy happy!

Cybele.... that 'ok' line sounds like the same problem Juan Pablo has on the ABC SERIES " The Bachelor"
March 7th, 2014, 03:44 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
FW, hope the whole house thing works out.

$800 car, yeah, repairs are a given. We spent $2000 on Isaac's car and now it needs about $600 in repairs.

MIL, not sure whats going on, but I hope things are better now.

I'm soooo tired. I feel like I say that a lot. Anyone like Elayna May for a girl? It's not really my style, sounds a little country, but I like it. Elayna comes from Ellen (my mom) and May is my husbands grandmas middle name. She raised him.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 7th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm tired all the time also. It's my mantra.I like the name, I tend to lean towards that style. I always wanted to honor my grandma but her name was Lona Louise....I couldn't dress those up no matter how hard I tried lol. It's funny cause I love her name, but on her, it's so old I don't think anyone's ever really heard it before.

Anyone else having a problem with their post, not posting in paragraphs?
March 8th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Paragraphs I'm fine with, getting into threads is playing up for me.One of my kids have a grandparent name for a middle name, #2's name is Jasper, which is FIL's name. Then numbers 3-5 have a great-grandparent name as a middle name. #1 bucks the trend, she has the same first name as her great-grandmother and just a random middle name we liked.I like Elayna. Very pretty.At the moment I'm sitting here with pore strips all over my face. I'm being my 14yr old's guinea pig. I'm a little worried about the concoction she's mixing up to smear all over my face after she rips these things off. Apparently none of her friends were stupid enough to let her do this.
March 8th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay. Apparently I vam having problems with paragraphs. I stand corrected.
March 8th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I thought it was just happening on my phone, but then it did it from the computer also.It's kinda dr me crazy.I love those pore strips, good luck with whatever concoction she comes up with lol
March 8th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the name too. If we have another girl she will be Melody Jean, most likely. I always change my mind. Dh's grandma was Jean, but I don't like one syllable names. I realized that after we named Jayde. I call her by her frst and middle name a lot just because I don't like the one syllable thing.

March 8th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! ! I'm new, so I hope it's ok if I join in. I have a thread on the board with my info if you want to know more. I personally love the name! And I love it more because it has meaning. All of oir children have part of their names from members of the family that mean something to us. I think ot helps instill a bond. Isabella marie her middle name came from mils middle name, and mil was there for her birth.Wyatt emmanuel, dhs paternal grandfather was William emmanuel and called W.e., so he got not only the initials, but the middle name as well.Caroline Elizabeth's middle name came from mimi who was only able to have one son and lost him right before her birth to prostate cancer. She is in her 90s and living alone. Amazing! Owen pietro's middle name is my father's first name in Italian, which was his grandfather's first name originally. As in ggggfather wasnnamed Pietro when he immigrated here from Italy. If I have a girl I'd like to name her adaline Jean. My grandmother Betty was adopted my my ggma Adel, who couldn't have children. And she was an amazing gma from what I heard. Having the 6 grand babies over to teach them to bake and the like. And jean is my middle mame.If we have another boy, I'd like to name him William Luis. William after dhs gfather, and lois after mydass dads dad. Also, my dad was a nnavy commander and William Luis is a famous military man. Thought that was pretty cool!

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 8th, 2014, 08:51 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
m2m my problem was that i would type out list style relpy and it would combine it all into 1 paragraphs. and not getting the page to pop, but once i moved to a differnt connection, bam the page pops Nice names.good luck with house FWCarnival was great but came home around 8.45pm then fed the kids a light snack and send them off to get ready for bed, I go in my room to change my clothes and hear foot steps outside my windows, we have decoration rocks that are small in size on the ends of the back pation thing so anyways it really impossible to walk across it without making a sound and this is not the first time I been hearing that. So I call DH and ask if I should just call the police and have them check things out.Long story short, police came and didnt find anything but did find some litter on the other end of the property that is not ours. so I kept ALL the outside lighting all and will ask my 2 near neighbors if they had any problems or heard anything. Its just frightening at night because Im here alone but hubby comes tommorrow and I think we will go ahead and re sign for the video alarm system. Alls good though this am. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
March 8th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh geez amira, that would scare the heck out of me!! baseball season started today for two of my grandsons -- different leagues, different levels, different fields - same time. gonna be an interesting season. kinda glad that aaron did not put the twins in t-ball this year -- i couldn't handle the confusion of scheduling. so much to unpack and sort through -- thus DH is at opening ceremonies (i made an appearance at each) and i am here 'working'. bought a dining set yesterday at the rummage sale. i am trying to put the legs on the table but dont have a socket wrench handy to tighten them. darn!!! might keep the set or might sell it next month at my yard sale depending on how much i like it in the eating area off the kitchen. UM, although i like elayna, i do have a very bad association with the name. would you spell it elaayna?

ETA: found my socket wrench and got the table and chairs all set up.

~~terre~~

Last edited by MIL2lissy8; March 8th, 2014 at 10:22 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search