I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2498Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These are his guns. He is 21, lives at home, going to radiology tech school. I asked her last night if she thinks I should talk to the mom. She said no, not yet, if anything happens more she will talk to the mom. It old her I don't want her going over there. A new week of regular stuff. Nothing too exciting.
March 10th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm with you on not letting your dd go over there for the time being. Guns freak me out.

I think the teens and sex thing is about so much more than just birth control and how to not get pregnant.

All sorts of regular stuff here too this week, today is laundry and get-my-house-back-in-order day.
March 10th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's already 44 degrees here this morning. we took an almost 1.5 hour walk after we dropped kids off at school. Now I'm home drinking my breakfast, along with a flax seed bar thingy. I'm not sure if I've mentioned the breakfast/lunch that DH and I have been doing, but it's all fruits/veggies until dinner, then we eat regular dinner. Can't wait til real spring comes and we can go for walks down at the pier again. Not just about losing weight, but being more healthy, having more energy etc. Dh is also playing softball this year! I've been pretty involved too, getting raffle prizes for them, then the neighbor (my friend) and I are going to bake stuff for the brat fry as well. I guess meeting new people doesnt always turn out bad. I love most of these guys already

March 10th, 2014, 10:04 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I tried telling the boys about what they could do to prevent pregnancy. I started with them at 13 or 14. Obviously it didn't work.

I wouldn't want my kids anywhere with guns.

I can't stand daylight savings time.

Its about the same temp here, repti.....feels like a heat wave!!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy you have made new friends and are enjoying this new season! STOP I hope the second pregnancy holds on better this time, for her sake. They will be ok in the long run if they can grow up together instead of apart. STOP My friends daughter is making all kinds of bad life choices right now. And her son, but he is sort of living the dream in a way. He is 17 and has hooked up with this girl who is 23 or 24 with a 2 or 3 yo. So he gets to bang her, play daddy, but not have any real responsibility. I was trying to really figure out what went wrong in that family, but the one thing I have come up with is the parents checked out. The dad a long time ago, the mom a few years back when the dad made her go back to work. The kids were left to their own devices. They were homeschooled, but no accountability, no pressure to actually do anything. They have 6. The oldest "graduated", the second "dropped out", the third is still trying, more about him later, and 4-6 are in school now. The third kid is a good kid. He is 15, cute, sweet, had dreams of achieving. So I'm hoping he will "rebel" by doing well. His sister and brother are going nowhere right now. I wish I could take him in with us. STOP Diaper needs changing, lessons are done! Lunch is next! STOP
March 10th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats, UM. ***** FW, i agree with keeping her home and not having contact at that house with the guns. i feel very strong about that sort of thing - not anti-gun, just that its my job to keep MY kids safe and the only control i have is to keep them away from homse where i have proof that there are guns. *****repti - good job on the getting healthy. it is so nice when you start seeing results -- thats makes it worth the effort. i am back on track today myself -- went to the gym after 3 weeks off due to illness and moving and planning a protein day to kickstart the weight loss again. ***** i hung different curtains todfay in the formal dining room - she had sheers and that is too much visibility for me plus the sunlight was so darn hot. the inside is pretty much in order, now i need to spend some time in the garage going through stuff and slowly moving in what i want to keep. i may or may not hang pictures here, just not in a mood to decorate yet. *****i hate growing out my hair; it is so hard to go through this awful phase. i hope i can make it.

~~terre~~
March 10th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Bwahah! I was trying to see why you were swearing so much MIL!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel the same way about the baby UM. I think if this one is a keeper they might be ok. I know I felt pretty crappy when I thought I had miscarried Noah. I lost his twin, but not him. I felt even worse because I was already not with the dad, so there was no "trying again" if that makes sense.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Got all my house stuff done already, just got harrassed by a door to door att guy. I already have the service, check that stuff first duh!!!
UrbanMomma likes this.

March 10th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh gee repti - you should know me better than that!! and i should have remembered that*** is code for swearing. how dumb of me!!!

~~terre~~
March 10th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't clue in to Terre "swearing" till Repti mentioned it.

Congrats UM, hope everything works out well this time around.

Look at you go Repti!

My #2 has a job. Well, she has a job at the ski hill but that's almost done, she is going to be working at our neighbor/friends on their dairy farm. Which is great because for one, this kind of job pays quite well and two, she was the one kid that was bummed out about us selling our dairy cows, so now she can "farm" to her hearts content.
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.
March 10th, 2014, 04:04 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
FW, I would not be crazy about having my girls at a house with guns. I suppose not my boy, either, but I have some time to worry about that. Thankfully, #1 only has like 2 friends so I'm pretty good with where she's at. I'm not looking forward to the upcoming years. I hate guns, never grew up with them, but hubby has one, and wants me to get a concealed carry permit. No thanks. I'd shoot myself!!

Congrats on the job for #2, #5!

UM, do you think they will be able to stick it out? I know I knew where babies come from, but I still did stupid things and got pregnant before I was married with #1, and bio-dad isn't around. So, I just don't want her to have to suffer through that or put kids through that.

New picture in progress......
March 10th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Haha Repti it took me a few minutes to figure out also. I like your way better.-----------------------------—------------------------------------------------------------------Congrats on the job.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My sciatic has been terrorizing me the last few weeks. I made curtians for two of my kitchen windows. I can not find anything in purple or silverish, so I went with grey.
March 11th, 2014, 05:56 AM
you could have tried an online store and ordered the fabric, if you're patient. Like here: Purple | Online Fabric Store

$1 burgers were good last night. Night was kinda ruined by the people we went with bringing their 'room mate'. He's like an adult lazy kid. Our friend went down to his basement and he says "I know now why no girl ever stays long, he was literally sleeping on a bed of beer cans and gas station soda cups"..

Box car children project to do today. Just have to decide if we should make the people and dog out of clay, or she should draw them on paper.

March 11th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all! Well yesterday we got great news! Winston, my schnauzer, had some tumors on his chest and he had them biopsied. The vet checked them yesterday and they are benign! I was soo worried. he had another small growth on his leg, so me over thinking things, jumped to it spreading. But turns out one of thw cats probably got him amd its a cyst with small bacterial debris. She drained it and he's on some antibiotics. Same stuff I was on afternoon my c sections. Lol so awsome news! And thats why I wasn't on. I spent the day pacing like a crazy person. Now to read!!
#5in2005 and mom2many2010 like this.
March 11th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amira-i love the plans for your dhs anniversary present! Very sweet. Um- congrats on the grand babies! ! I joke with the kids that they each have a 2 child quota to fill, amd exteas are bonus grandbabies. And that im here for daycare if necessary. Lol hopefully this works and I get my fill. Half dozen- I don't think thats a bad mom tjing at all. I think you know your child best and are protexting her. I would say, do talk with jer about why yoi want her on something. And tjat it isn't free reign and doesn't cover stds, and that you aren't just assuming this is something she's already done. My mom did that. She never had a heart to heart with me and just assumed I was having sex because I was sad after a break up and insisted on bc. Then never explained the different options. I was on depo. It caused vaginal burning for me among other problems. The I wasn't allowed to switch to another bc. So, just keep the communication open.
March 11th, 2014, 09:24 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Half, I don't know if they will make it. I hope so. We tried to tell them that they should grow up, go to school, get married THEN have kids. Tried to explain to them that they didn't want "baby mommas."

They are young, selfish, who knows. Maybe they will surprise us.

Sarah, glad your dog is okay.

Repti, the roommate sounds like a real winner.

M2M, ughhh, sciatica is awful. I get it every time I am pg. feel better.

Canaan is going to be 2 next week.

We are supposed to get 5-10" of snow tonight. Blah.

So for baby I like Elayna Jubilee and Nehemiaah Franklin.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 11th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Fw' - wouldn't allow her either. And this is comming from a home with a concealed carry permit and a dh who is an avid hunter and collector. A gun is a tool. It requires safety training and education. What is happening over there is sickening and very dangerous. You should always handle a firearm as if it is cocked and loaded! Repti mom - ella would totally pick the clay! Awsome job on the healthy changes! I recently finally found something to help with my chronic migraines, and now I've started loosing weight. It's crazy. I guess I didn't realize how much it haf been affecting my life.
March 11th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
UM - one of our twins was going to be nehemiah so i like that name for sure. who watched that bachelor last night and was just disgusted? i think that i am over this trash. waiting for the poo0l guy to get here to teach me what i need to know so then i can leave and go get weighed in. feeling a bit nervous about it today.

~~terre~~
March 11th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Repti it never dawned on me to look on line, but I like to feel the fabric so I'm not sure I'd have went that route. I thought I was settling with the grey, but now that they are all done I'm glad I went with it. So for $12 my kitchen got new curtians ………….............UM who knows they may make it work, you never know. I also used to only have sciatic pain when pregnant, but it's been so bad that yesterday I ended up crawling through the house it was so bad. If it doesn't let up I'm gonna have to go to the doc.....................Sarah, glad the pups okay!.............Amira let us know how the anniversary went/goes................woke up with the start of a sinus infection. I have some antibiotics so hopefully I've got it in time.
March 11th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mom2many- glad your curtains turned out! I love when that happens with my crochet, and it's better than I thought. I hope you get some relief on the sciatia! Wyatt, #2, sat on my nerve the whole pregnancy. It was terrible.
March 11th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Our dog has a few tumors. The vet said that if they are loose under the skin usually they can stay and are no worry. Both of our dogs are 9, and the bigger one (Matrix) is starting to get cloudy eyes and stuff. We couldn't even get Laddy's nails cut when I brought him in for shots either. He wouldn't let anyone get near his feet, even tried the muzzle but he knew what that thing was and even *I* couldn't get it on him. I don't know how much the old owners muzzled him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search