I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2288Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I won't need to worry about the kids needing summer clothes until the first week of July, seriously.
April 6th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am taking three kids to their first baseball practices of the season today. And I wish it would warm up.
April 6th, 2013, 05:36 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Jenilope, congrats on the girl!! I'm a big fan of girls and have NO idea what I'm going to do with a boy this time around!!!
Jenilope likes this.

April 6th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Marie, last year my kids didn't need them till July either. Normally June is warm, and July is hot but not last year and it sucked cause we felt like we lost part of our summer. I'm getting the clothes now cause they are outgrowing everything, someday they could wear them and other they couldn't we're chilly today. That, and I want a head start so I'm not rushing out last minute.

Sam's car purr's like a baby. It hasn't been that quite since the day we bought it. Now here's to crossing our fingers that nothing else goes wrong.
April 6th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my little wyatt got to pitch today during his baseball game! he did better than i thought he would although he needs work. but hey, he has to start somewhere.

~~terre~~
April 7th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Good morning everyone!

I've really got nothing new to add.

I am tempted to turn on the heater though, haven't had to in a couple of weeks, but it's cold today!
April 7th, 2013, 08:21 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats on the baby girl!!!!!

I have not bought any summer clothes yet.

GO wyatt!!!

So Im trying to decide if today is the day to move DD3 out of our room or not. She is sleeping through the night and in her in own crib, and I know I want her out before this baby comes but still....

Going to go throug some of the kids' toys and get rid of some tthem. Then I have a load of whites to wash. Doesnt seem like its going to be an overly exciting day but who knows.
Jenilope likes this.
April 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for girl #4. My 4th girl is such a blessing, she is the sunshine in our family

It's been snowing like crazy since last night And I didn't know that one of my younger girls went to church with bare legs/feet. Good thing my mom didn't see it.

I also noticed that my youngest has a brown spot on one of her teeth that's coming in, so I'm really not feeling like I'm winning any mother of year awards today.

Had a nice day today though, just hanging around the house after church, going to visit some friends tonight.
Jenilope and MIL2lissy8 like this.
April 7th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
#5, you are mother-of-the-year in their eyes. bare legs wont hurt and teeth can often be fixed.

~~terre~~
April 8th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think god is laughing at me. I love my kids. I am lucky to have them. *** was I thinking having 4 kids? They fought all weekend. How am I going to make it through summer break? Maybe I can have them join a circus or something.
HalfDozen likes this.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 8th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have those days #5 and cnote!

#1 is home sick because she was screwing around with her readings all weekend making her numbers lower than they really were so she wasn't getting the right amount of insulin. I wish she would knock it off! She went to a friends house and dh and I told her that we didn't even need to know what her readings were (because we knew she would get carried away and we didn't want her to try this exact stunt) we just wanted to make sure she took her insulin for it. But she did it anyway! Now she can't go to friends' homes anymore. I just wish she'd show a little bit of maturity and responsibility every once in a while. We even gave her an out!!!
April 8th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
cnote and #5 I think every parent has days like that.

Cortney, that would make me a little mad also.

Not much here, just stopping in to say HI!
April 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd feel very frustrated too Cortney.

So #5 has an appointment with the dentist at 2:30. Julia really likes the dentist, and he is terrific with kids. I have to take #4 to the drs for her foot wart, we have been going every 2 weeks since december. All her other ones have disappeared but this one is persistant. I have a haircut to do at 4. So there's just enough going on today to not accomplish anything...except laundry.

Anyways, hope everyone has a good day
April 8th, 2013, 10:21 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Many days I wonder what in the he!! I was thinking having 10, going on 11, kids.

Now that I'm off work the house is obscenely clean, all laundry is done, garage is clean, yard work started and I am soooooooooooooooo bored. Wish I could find a cash job.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
April 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oregano oil will kill off warts. But she'll smell like a pizza so you might wait til the summer, lol!
April 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!

I was just popping in to say hello. I was having contractions, so I thought I'd take a few minute rest. You think my uterus wouldn't really need to "warm up or practice", but hey what fun would that be. My babes are usually late or on time, so no worries about coming early, it just slows me down a bit
Kids are outside playing in the melting snow which means lots of extra laundry for Mama, but also tired little ones tonight.

Hope everyone is well!

April 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just posted something in the hideaway

April 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies. Another quick check in-its Monday night and I'm tired already!
April 9th, 2013, 09:01 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Dentist appt tomorrow and I am already dreading it. lool...although its just a chk up, you know its gonna be turned into to something to do. Kids go next week.

Today I dont feel like doing anything at all! I want to just sit and be a veg

BUT we all know that wont be happening!!!

COB-- hows ur contractions?

Hope everyone has agreat and productive day!!
April 9th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Hello, ladies!

We had a couple days of promisingly nice weather here and really enjoyed it. Now it's raining and getting colder for the rest of the week with a possibility of SNOW on Friday!?! I'm so ready for some pleasant warm weather, sunshine and gentle breezes!

I'm officially moving my 2 oldest into one room together. They have been sharing a bed for months now. And the room they're in used to be the master before the 3rd floor was finished, so it has 2 closets and an en suite, so it makes sense for them to share. We're going through clothes now, and, aside from pants, I think they're practically the same size! On the one hand, I'm cheated out of hand-me-downs for #2 this time because she's growing so fast, on the other, they can share a closet and a bunch of dresses for the summer!

Good luck at the dentist today, Amira--and tomorrow!

#5, good luck with the wart

COB--I hope the contractions have settled down today.

Urban--It must be nice to have the house so tidy! I don't know how you do it, I've got less than 1/3 of your kids and can't keep up!

MIL--how fun for Wyatt! My nephew is starting T-Ball this summer and I can't wait to take the girls to a game, it's going to be so cute!

Cnote--I'm sorry the kids are going at each other. Hopefully with warmer weather they can spend more time outside. I swear having a fenced yard saves the kids and I from each other more often than I'd care to admit! I'm sure it's just a phase, I hope they're feeling more agreeable and treating each other with more kindness today.

My bigs are at preschool until early this afternoon, so I need to get the house tidied up, bake some granola bars and a double batch of dinner so I can deliver a meal to a friend who is recovering from surgery. It's nice to be busy but not overwhelmingly so. It helps me to feel productive.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search