I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2432Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2014, 01:01 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Has anyone ever heard or seen of childrens bedroom walls and their bathroom walls painted CHALKBOARD PAINT? because I think I am about to chalkboard paint every wall that my children come in contact with!
March 16th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I've thought about it. Last year I was going to do my fridge in it, but ran out of time before our weather got nasty.
March 16th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
cleaned up and semi-organized the garage for the sale in a few weeks. trying to go through all the stuff we brought inside -- geez i have a LOT of wall decor stuff. thinking its time to pare down that stash as well. swimming and bbq later today. testing out the new pool with the grands.

~~terre~~
March 16th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rearranged the girls room just now. Vacuumed under everything as we moved them around. At one point we had the two bunk beds jammed and stuck. My dh was all "this won't work, you can't do it, etc". Then I had another idea, gave it another shot, and achieved my goal! So I was all "who's better than me?" So tonight we will watch crappy tv and sort clothes for #7&9 (4&2yo) and I'm done with cleaning bedrooms for awhile. Still need to work on the budget. We are talking about cutting the cable. Can't decide. So many pros and only a couple cons. But the cons really appeal to the lazy dominant side of me.
March 16th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Went to church today and had coffee at my mom and dad's. My mom is accepting that we don't really stay for lunch anymore, because now that I have bigger kids they want to do their own thing and not be at Oma's all day. I feel the same way.

BFF has cornered me into doing a 10K run with her, so I downloaded an app and went for my first walk/run today. I am sadly out of shape.
March 16th, 2014, 09:48 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ha!! ooh I have thought and planned to paint a specific area for the children, but now Im thinking that its just a better idea to actually chalkboard paint ALL my walls because then all I would have to do is 'erase' the mess they keep making! that would be alot easier ....but then I realized that it would be very dark in this house will chalkboard walls everywhere!

Pool party sounds like soooo much fun. Hope you make some extra money at the garage sale!!

Theres NO such thing as 'garage sales' in Saudia! Try explaining that to an older auntie and they would never grasp the concept loool...I reallly want to have one. I would totallly have an area set out for drinking rose water tea and arabic coffee with Kasim dates!! The only wierd thing about it would be that we keep our garbage and recycling bins in the garage so there a permemant bad smell that nothing would cover that up..lol .. but still fun all the same.
Thats the thing about living here in the US, is there is soooo many different things to do all the time!

Fw good job on making it work! bet it looks great!

#5 Wow you have to be some kind of good shape because that is a still 10k MORE than I could never do. Did you previously run or train for one that I remember you or someone here talking about before? How much time do you have to train for it?
March 17th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amira - I had tp lol at your chalkboard paint comment because ella and wyatt decided to bring in the big container of sidewalk chalk I bought them tjis weekend. And, o course, the babies got a hold of it.Lol! Not a happy mmoment for mommy. Oh well, im wiping. the foaming handsoap allnover tje bathroom floor is another story. Sigh....WAY TO GO TERRE! I cleaned out my closet. Took me 3 bags of stuff, but I figured if I was gonna getnonto the big kids about cleaning their room, I better be willing to back that up and model the behavior myself. Farmers-wife - I have an addiction to watching investigation shows so no cable would probably make me cry. Lol#5 - I used to run. I miss it until I try it again. Lol good job!Well, dh got a john boat this weekend. He's really excited to take the kids fishing. I'm glad for him. He's been looking for a while for one that fits what he's looking for. He also set up a guided fishing trip for ella and wyatt tommorow since it's spring break. Im not sure who is more excited. Lol I ameexcited to sleep in tho! The babies are awsome sleepers in the morning if you don't have to get them up.
March 17th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
When woman is determined it will happen lol............................I couldn't give up some of my shows, sure Netflix eventually has them but I need my gratification.now!...............Terre I'm jealous of all of you Cali people and your **** beautiful weather, did you feel the quake this morning? One of my friends had a pretty funny post about it................................We lost power just before 5 am, woke me and the 2 youngest up. We also have horrible winds, so I've been trying to keep myself calm, which is hard to do when you can't turn the tv up to drown out the noise. It came back on just before 8, oh and of course my phone was almost dead, thankfully the laptop was fully charged so I was able t lug it into that. Now I'm tired, it's gonna be a very long day.
March 17th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would watch all the investigation shows when I was pregnant. I'm over it now. It just makes me nervous. I am all about comedy these days. Modern family, Big Bang theory, and friends. Silly but I love them. It has been raining here all day yesterday and today. Dh and #4 have baseball practice tonight so dh is thrilled that it is still raining. He really doesn't want to do baseball. Got all the girls clothes sorted and purged and reorganized last night. I'm pretty happy with it. They are too. I even bought 7&9 very floofy Easter dresses and shoes with the last of the spendable tax money. Now we have to go to church on Easter. Boys will look like ragamuffins!
March 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol I thought I was the only one who couldn't watch those shows. It's almost like an axiety trigger. Court tv too. I don't watch that at all.
I like comedy too. I could probably live without tv, but we watch til we fall asleep and all the kids have tvs in their rooms so I would have to have a way to hook netflix up to a bunch of tvs, and then that's not really saving money.

March 17th, 2014, 11:34 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I am in the mood to CLEAN!!! today...I am on a roll. I think all the cleaning posts I keep reading got me going. So Im going room by room top to bottom till I drop!
March 17th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, big time mommy fail! ALL DAY I went on and on about how we were going to pick out a potted plsnt for each of them to keep in their room, and they would get to take care of it. So, I fet everybodydressed ans myself, bbottles filled and head twards the door and what is there? Oh yeah, mommy begged daddy to take all 4 car seats out of the car and I put the covers in the wash! Lol geez, even if I did get them all wiped down and put back together and installed, it would be naptime by then. And , with my joint issues, id probably pop another joint sac and they wouldn't be tight enougj. Grrr... Poor kids were so disappointed. How did I forget that? So they played outside and ate hotdogs instead.
~mommy~ and AmiraX4 like this.
March 17th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amira, you can come and clean my house too, haha.
HalfDozen likes this.
March 17th, 2014, 03:23 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ha! Sarah thats what I think is called "mommy brain" loool...I have that brain a LOT

Cybele if I could, I would!
March 17th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh crud.... sooo, I think God is having a collasal laugh at me. I got bored yesterday and took a pg tesr. Ya know, cuz im addicted. Im only loke 8 or 9 dpo. It was negative for awhile. But today, theres a light line there. I knew I shouldn't have picked on jared so much about that black Friday baby. It's an evap right? Yes, yes, thats what it is. Gah, his swimners would have to live for like 6 days! Not possible. Why did I think these tests were fun again? 6 more months ....
March 17th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Regular
I am doing anything and everything other than what I should be doing, packing to move in two weeks! We bought our first home and I am so happy!
~mommy~ likes this.
March 17th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sooo exciting Christina! !! When we moved, I was bad about procrastinating the packing. But when I got dkwn to it, I was an old pro. Growing up military will do that to ya!
Christina&Co. likes this.
March 17th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Christina!
March 17th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats on the new house christina!! ..........................as for you sarah ...i am trying not to laugh. did you want to be preggers? the saying is 'it aint over till its over' so you might want to test again in a few days...........................i dont watch those reality shows either. i do love all the 'family' reality shows on TLC tough. nothing scary for me -- i have enough trouble sleeping on a normal night. ...........................AFM: i worked out this morning with my trainer and let me tell you that if i can walk in the morning it will be a mercy. i m so sore already but more than that, i am exhausted! my goal is to lose about 5-6 pounds before next friday, so i have about 12 days to get it together. if i can do it, i will be at goal weight. so much to do to get this house in order. i committed to host Bible study in about 12 days so i have to get things organized and tidied up. i must!!! but for now, its going to be early to bed for my josie (granddaughter than i am babysitting) and then early to bed for me!!!
~mommy~ and Christina&Co. like this.

~~terre~~
March 17th, 2014, 07:45 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Sarah couple more days should tell you for sure!! Maybe an early congrats????

good luck with the moving Christina!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search