I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2435Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The husband says you can get a locking gas cap Mommy. Much cheaper than 3500.00.

March 20th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hahaha my sibling couldn't be paid off. I paid her $10 and a pack of gum not to rat me out. She walked in the door and told my mom. I got in trouble and she got to keep they money and the gum.
March 20th, 2014, 08:29 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes they told me what the repairs were, boy talk I don't remember the details, just the $$
Didn't occur to me to specifically ask about the sand.
I had a locking gas cap freeze on a car when I was younger. Scared me. I don't know if I want to try another one. Last time we talked about putting cameras up. Idk what dh will want to do.
March 20th, 2014, 09:02 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I like the idea of having a sibling there, but I agree that you should just not allow her to stay the night. Your having a reaction to the thought and I would go with it. Keep your 'super tabs' on her as long as you can, thats a tempting situation for a young person imo.

FW my screename I chose when I opened my account. I opened it with " AmiraX2" because at the time I had 2 daughters, amira in arabic means princess. I then upgraded my screename to "AmiraX4" because I have 2 more princesses since then!

UM has or had in her siggie that she is 'Queen bee', if Aamira isnt good for her, maybe " Naahlah" or " Nahlaa" or Nahlaah" sageerah...means "little bee"

How is everyones LO's feeling? Any other pukers?

Today is moustache day at the kids school I had fun with my liquid black eyeliner !

mommy- you could tape up a copy of your police report put in the window of the car and then put a note that says 'you pay the repair bill' thanks to cams
March 20th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any idea who would be doing that to your vehicle? One of my moms exes did that to her car. Sugar I think. People are really dbags sometimes. I'm sorry. I hope you can find out who and prevent it from happening again. I would certainly file a report.

Nothing exciting here today. 4H tour of the old jail museum, dance for #3, baseball practice for #4&5. So nothing all day then from 4-6 all heck fire breaks out.
March 20th, 2014, 11:08 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I like Nahla, pretty
AmiraX4 likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 20th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I like how you came up with your name Amira.

My sisters girl is either Nahla or Nayla. I can't remember.
AmiraX4 likes this.
March 20th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am making some progress today!!!!! my sewing room is almost done and organized!!!!! now i need to find my 3-prong hooks so i can hang my artwork. may require a trip to the store since i cant seem to locate those things.
UrbanMomma likes this.

~~terre~~
March 20th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
double posted it!

oh well, i guess that is a sign that i better get back to work on my cleaning/organizing/decorating mission.
mom2many2010 likes this.

~~terre~~
March 20th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are having a snowstorm to celebrate the first day of spring. #1 hit the ditch, just slid in ever so slightly, didn't damage the vehicle or hurt herself.

Parent teacher interviews this afternoon.
UrbanMomma likes this.
March 20th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
just slid in ever so slightly, didn't damage the vehicle or hurt herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so glad that all was ok in the above incident.

i am tired of being a 'mommy' noni. can i just be old and tired and in a quiet house?

~~terre~~
March 20th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sam would slide all over the place. As long as people don't try to run her off the road, she's good lol

Well Sam was officially fired today. Her team was the top ranked team in the center, and only one person from their team was kept. Her boss was completely shocked. He figured the one girl would be kept since she has been consistently #1 in the center, and he assumed Sam would be kept because she has (for the most part) been #3. He was just as confused about how they picked people but suspects that, based on some of who he did see kept, they went with those who were willing to do overtime, in the last 2 weeks. Which of course Sam couldn't do because of her back up job. She's so sad
March 20th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry. That's rough. She will find something else. Things are looking up all over.

The tour of the old jail was pretty interesting. It was built around 1909 and was in use til 1971. Then they built a new jail, across from where the Pizza Hut is, then they built a new new jail down closer to the interstate. SO the old jail is really the old old jail. Anyway, it was still in operation during segregation and the cells were more like cages. And the county sheriff lived at the jail in apartments downstairs from the prisoners! And his wife would do all the cooking. The women's building was much smaller and they said the most women ever there at one time was 3 maybe 4. And those women did all the laundry. Fascinating.
March 20th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We have an old old jail also, but it gives me the creeps. From what I've been told cause I don't think I could go in, it still has the hanging post.

She has a job thankfully, and her old place is cutting hours (so they've said) and the employees will be loosing their medical insurance. Kinda funny when you think about what their jobs are lol. So with that in mind Sam will be making the same amount of money and she's built up a decent savings. My friend gets to stay and she was shocked. The people who stayed were picked off their badge numbers. Not who was actually good at their job.
March 21st, 2014, 08:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That stinks for Sam losing that job.

Very interesting FW, I want to go to that jail if I ever make it down there.

Terre, I am always amazed at all the "mommy-ing" you do as a Noni.

It's still snowing this very first day of spring break. #4 started asking at 8:30 if she could go somewhere today. Parent teacher interviews were good. I told #2's teacher for the second time that the cleavage she is showing is inappropriate for a jr high teacher. Wear a camisole, there should be 0 cleavage. I guess it didn't register the first time when I told her grade 9 boys can't concentrate if she's dressed the way she is, especially since she's 27 and very beautiful.
March 21st, 2014, 11:32 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol wow, I would never be brave enough to tell someone to change how they dress. I would just come home and talk about it on FB

DH lost his job yesterday too. Not cool..

March 21st, 2014, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mommy - that is crazy about your car. I don't understand what drives people to do things like this. Mom2many - im so sorry about Sams job. Reptimommy - wow you guy too. Im so sorry. Does he have any ideas? ----well I tested yesterday and it was negative! I'm releaved. I really would like to focus on dhs career stuff going on in the next few months and not pull the focus onto me. If it had been positive tho, qe would have figured out the details and gotten prepared together, like we always do. However, I did mention that when we do have another baby I'd love to be able to not have to stress about the details and for us to both be really excited about it, and he seemed really on board with that. So, I'm thinking after this job thing is thru we'll maybe be good to go! ! Omg, so exciting! Ok, next post to explain the job thing.
March 21st, 2014, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh works in the natural gas industry making compressor packages. Last year he created a variable orifice plate. What this does is allow the load or amount of natural gas to be changed automatically with just typing in what you'd like it to be. The way it is now, the guys in the field have to shut down entire plant and then manually change out the plates to handle the different loads. Big bonus! : nobody looses their job over this change, it just makes it easier. So, he owns the pattent, and gets 13% royalties on this. And it is being introduced at the big yearly natural gas industry conference in October. His company is paying for him to go, and the company that payed for all the testing and manufacturing are having him speak! Also, they are featuring this in their magazine! Jared is dumbfounded that it has all taken off so quickly. He came from a tiny town in east Texas with no money and slung tires to get thru college. These kinds of things don't happen to normal people right? But I keep reminding him that these companies would not put this kind of money in if it wasn'tggoing to happen. So, thats why I didn't want to pull focus from him and his deal. And I didn't want him worrying over a wife 36 weeks preggers at home during such an incredible moment. I sm so proud of him for having the guts to show his design to companies and put them out there. He has been so blessed and so have I.
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
March 21st, 2014, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Repti, I hope your dh is able to find a different job ASAP. Very cute St Paddy's pic!

Really awesome for your dh (and you) Sarah!

Todays adventure with #1...she backed into one of our trailers, and put a dent in the truck box. Then she locked her keys in the truck (apparently we do have a spare door key, but it's in the glove box, don't ask me what it's doing there) so we have a guy coming out to open the door. It's not automatic so dh doesn't know how to do the coat hanger thing.

I am going to Divergent tonight with #2 and #3 and some of their friends.
March 21st, 2014, 06:04 PM
Repti, I'm so sorry to hear that. That is harsh.

I'm taking my boys camping tomorrow. JUst over night. I can do anything. For just overnight, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search