I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2509Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Describe "cold". We've had 6 inches of snow in the last 24 hours, and it's 19F. tomorrow snow, friday cloudy, saturday, sunday snow. lol, it's spring break...obviously. At least we got home before the snow started yesterday. We had a great day skiing on monday, got lots of runs in and the weather was awesome, I love being in the mountains, and being away with the 7 of us.

I am glad the younger kids have sleepovers planned with their cousins, so they have something to do. There's a lot of being inside together happening here.
March 26th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not obscenely, insanely, ridiculously cold. Just Florida cold. 60*, sun shining, cool wind.

I have had it up to here * with everyone lately. Slackers, half assed jobs done, not listening. And this thing they are doing now- when they ask "are we having lunch?", I say "we had lunch, it was sandwiches, strawberries, and chips." And the kid says "no." They have this way of saying it. Like I am making stuff up out of thin air. I can't describe it in words. It just has this upswinging high voiced sound nooo. I want to smack the next one straight across the face.
March 26th, 2014, 05:24 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
My Dd2 especially has a way of also having complete amneshia on what she just ate too. and if she was saying it to anyone else, they would be convinced.

Making homemade pizza tonight with sauted onions, spinach, mini yellow and orange bell peppers and chili flakes.

Have a guy outside giving a quote on building a fence around the whole back, side and side of the ffront.
March 26th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW I know the exact tone you are talking about! Makes me want to smack them upside their heads.

Amira, pizza sounds yummy.

This is such a sad story. This was one of Sam's friends,. I didn't care for the girl, it was a personality thing, but she spent almost every weekend here one summer. She also has a 3, maybe 4 year old little boy. The accident was popping up on my newsfeed all day, but didn't give any names, Sam called me from work to tell me. It's not even that far from my house.
Woman dead, man and kids injured after pickup crashes in remote canyon | KTVB.COM Boise
March 26th, 2014, 08:09 PM
That is sad. I'm so sorry. I hope Sam is ok.
March 26th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I need to correct that she had a daughter, not sure why I was thinking a son.

Sam's fine, saddened, but they had grown apart over the years.
March 27th, 2014, 06:36 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Just popping in to say hello. I lost my battle for daily glucose testing so I have to test 4 times a day and e-mail them the results every week. I also have to have my blood pressure taken every day and e-mail that at the same time. I'm just annoyed with it. I think I should probably encourage hubby for the big V while I'm feeling this way and before I have this one and convince myself that the next one won't be so bad. I don't have time for this nonsense, and it's making pregnancy not nearly so fun....

Also, the swing bit the dust, and while I know #5 was getting a little big for it, it was the only thing keeping him sleeping consistently. I came down yesterday morning to it being completely stopped. I thought maybe he was just getting too big for it. But he fell asleep before my pushing it wore off for his nap. I tested it later yesterday, and it won't swing even when empty. Everything else works on it, but the actual swinging. So, we put him in bed last night and left the room. He cried for 20 minutes, then went to sleep. He only whimpered twice during the night, both times for less than a minute. Here's to hoping we can keep this going!!

Anyhow, I'm a negative Nancy today so just ignore me. Hope everyone is doing great!

New picture in progress......
March 27th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you have this for your last pregnancy too?

Very tragic M2M.

pizza sounds yummy.

FW, I think we all know exactly what you're talking about. The food thing happens here too.

#2 really wants to go to the city today, and I do want to go to, but I'm not excited about driving in the weather. Dh is driving that way, so I'll see what he says about how the roads are.
March 27th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm sorry 1/2, just remember the prize at the end.

#5 did you go int the city?

I watched the new report on it last night and they played the 911 call, which considering where they were they were **** lucky they had service. It was just heartbreaking and by what he says (she was pinned under the car) she must not have been wearing her seatbelt. M

We're having Vanna's birthday party Sunday. It's my little pony themed, I can't believe she's going to be 10. Then again she looks a lot older then her age, so now people won't be so shocked when she says her age lol
March 27th, 2014, 12:00 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
m2m Im so sorry, how sad.
March 27th, 2014, 01:31 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
MTM, that's really awful!!

No, I have not had this with any of my other pregnancies, which is why I'm having a hard time dealing. I had PIH only during the last 7-10 days with #4, but certainly never this early, and not this combination. Hubby told me yesterday that the best things in life don't come easy. Of course, that was AFTER I flipped out at everything, including him.

New picture in progress......
March 28th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good morning...thought i'd check in before i go weigh in and hit the gym.

i am hosting Bible study tonight so after the gym, i have to get my house in order.

i am officially done with my weight loss program and begin maintenance today. its possible i could lose more but i am pretty happy where i am. downside to this? my wedding ring is too loose.

~~terre~~
March 28th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Got the check for the car repairs from the insurance company yesterday. That was fast! Car won't be ready til next Friday, though. The repair total is $6,600. The car is only worth $8,500. I'm glad they are fixing it though and not totaling!

I have 2 extra boys this weekend my friends husband is in the hospital so I am keeping them for her. He has diverticulitis. I guess we have that to look forward to next decade.
March 28th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Congrats on the weight loss MIL!

It will be okay #5!

That's a hefty repair tag, she must have hit that deer pretty dang hard!

So my bathroom. I HATE my bathroom. We had a toilet that kept flooding and it ruined the linoleum. So my redneck answer was duct tape. Yeah, I know but I LOVE duct tape lol.

There was a lot of hard water stains in the sink and bathtub. Nothing I did would get rid of it, not even a grinder. I thought I'd tried it all, until I was on another sure and this lady was showing before and after a of a toilet she had with hard water stains. They made mine look fabulous. Last week I bought some for the toilet. Yesterday I had the thought that if it worked so awesome in my toilet I wonder what it would do in my tub.

I put a squirt on the worst spot, the crap bubbled and the hard water Crap slid right off. Now imagine Angels singing hallelujah! Next my sink, again angels singing! I can't think if the last time either one looked so dang white!

So this morning I pulled out the spare linoleum for the floor and laid it right over the duct tape LMAO! We plan to redo the floor this summer, but right now I don't hate my bathroom as much hahah
March 28th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey M2M, whatever works! Hope it's a fun birthday party.

FW, glad your car is getting fixed.

Awesome Terre, be proud of you.

Halfdozen, I guess you're in for the long haul. I was always pretty grumpy while pregnant.....I think I did us all a favor by having all my babies before I had to deal with teenagers. Plus the kids were too young to remember how crabby I was and how they watched far too much tv.

We did end up going to the city, and after much searching found a grade 9 graduation dress for #2 that we both liked, had a high neckline, was long enough for me to be happy AND a decent price. Hurray!

I have resigned myself to the fact that my house is going to be messy and disorganized until next week. There's just all these other things that need to get done and that I want to do, so I either scramble and stress or just rolll with it. And since it's looking like I'm going to be home 3 days in a row next week and no one is coming over I'll let it be.

I'm going to a hillbilly themed party tonight

Last edited by #5in2005; March 28th, 2014 at 12:23 PM.
March 28th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to a hillbilly themed party tonight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sounds fun to me!!!

~~terre~~
March 28th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Sounds like my neighbors to me.

In a rare turn of events, everyone plus the extra boys will be here for dinner tonight. I'm so excited! I'm going to make BBQ chicken and a variety of sides. We have been eating leftovers, sandwiches, pizza all week. So I'm in the mood for a real dinner.

Tomorrow #9 turns 2!!! So bitter sweet believing she is the last. And next week I will have an adult, #1 turns 18.
March 28th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Awe 18, such a great age, and sad at the same time.

MIL did you feel the quake? My FB newsfeed blew up lol

Cybele where r u?
March 28th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ohh yes!!!! no doubt about that - we felt it!!!
mom2many2010 likes this.

~~terre~~
March 28th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I told my mom to enjoy natures free roller coaster, but she didn't find me funny lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search