I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2494Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i threw in a stew for dinner --- it is SO windy and i know we are gonna freeze at the baseball game tonight (if they don't cancel it). if it stays this windy, my asthma won't let me go tonight anyway. still coughing an awful lot, even on meds.

my guest is at the dr getting herself checked out and then will swing by later this evening. she wants to go home tonight and do a bit at her house but is planning to come back over this weekend. it has worked out real nice, actually.

~~terre~~
April 9th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
I am just getting done with work!!! And I'm not on call tonight yay!!!!!

Plus I am new to this thread so hello all!
#5in2005 and Jenilope like this.
April 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Mmm! Stew sounds excellent! And hi gustka48!

April 9th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I've been hiding. Still don't really feel like talking to anyone, but I like you guys.

we're babysitting for a dog. He's a really good dog here, but he's an *** at their house.
They had to temporarily rehome because either their lazy kid (same one that started the dumpster fire) isn't picking up poop, or there is another dog in the complex that is pooping and no one is picking it up. Either way they were supposed to get him today, but no one come so far. Probably saturday. I don't mind him. He doesn't pee in the house, doesn't run away. He does steal food though, but Rob is working with him. They had a brand new shock collar that they brought him with, but I took it off. Screw that stuff.

Spaghetti for dinner tonight. Meatballs garlic bread all that stuff. Tomorrow is Jayde's golden birthday, we are celebrating a little bit tomorrow then her friends are coming for a big party on saturday. I am going to get flower pots and spray paint them gold, and have the kids plant small flowers to take home. We will have pizza, I got gold table cloths, gold plates/forks/cups, and balloons. The gift bags are gold and have gold coins, gold mini bubble bottles, gold necklaces, and I am getting those caramel candies with the gold wrapper. My mom's husband is making her cake for saturday and bringing ice cream which is nice.
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.

April 9th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Jenilope I was gonna say something to you, but forgot what it was and now I'm to lazy to flip back a page and figure it out lol

MIL we have been so windy also. My allergies have flared up big time (didn't have them till we moved up here), and my house has enough dirt to play in.

Repti, glad to see you back, missed ya! What's a golden birthday? I hear of this often but have no idea what it is.

Dinner is this strange pasta dish thing I make. The kids LOVE it! It was a creative dish once when I had literally nothing in the house and no money to go get anything lol

Got Megan registered for beauty school, she starts Monday and will probably stay with Lupan when she goes to school cause he only lives two blocks over from the school.

Went to get the car smogged and it FAILED. I thought the guy was joking, it drives fine, doesn't have any lights on, and it's newer then any of our older cars, which passed. Ugh, oh well what can you do?

that's pretty much it around here.
April 9th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's been kind of a bad day around here....we are fine, but bff's sister got diagnosed with uterine cancer at 36, so that's tough. I have another friend whose daughter finally got pregnant after many years of infertility, then her water broke at 17 weeks, she is now 28 weeks but her baby measures a month behind (it's still less than 1 lbs) and she went in to the hospital for bleeding issues this morning.
So today, I am thankful for all of those things that money can't buy.

Dh and I are off for a few nights tomorrow, looking forward to having some time together....if we ever leave that is, you know how it is, there's lots to get done.

You're all awesome, it's great to have this LF group
MIL2lissy8 and Babymakes8 like this.
April 10th, 2013, 05:30 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many2010 View Post
Repti, glad to see you back, missed ya! What's a golden birthday? I hear of this often but have no idea what it is.
I've never heard of a golden birthday from anyone not from Wisconsin. My husband's family had to explain it to me (thankfully before we moved there). I once had someone I worked with ask if it was like a golden shower. LOL!!! It's when someone is the same age as their birth date, such as turning 6 on the 6th, 21 on the 21st, etc. Happy golden birthday, Jayde.

Just popped on here to let you all know I had my little boy yesterday. Xavier Robert, at 8:01 pm, 21 inches, and 9 lbs, 5 oz. We're both doing well!!
#5in2005, ~mommy~ and Babymakes8 like this.

New picture in progress......
April 10th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Big boy!
Congrats

I didn't know it was a wisconsin thing either. lol Yes, she is 10 today, on the 10th. Sydney's is this year on 8/9 as well.
I guess I'll keep the golden birthday along with my bubbler, brats on hard rolls, and St. Nick.

They don't run cars through emissions anymore here. They just plug them in for about a minute then send you on your way. It's more effective and costs less I guess. They even shut down the emissions place, you just do it at dealerships.

I hope the friend's daughter's baby turns out to be ok.

April 10th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Congrat's on the new baby boy, he's a big boy lol

Some of mine have already missed their golden birthdays, and others have a ways to go. I think it's kinda cool cause I always found it cool when they turned the age of their birth date...just didn't know it had a name.

Emissions is new out here, only a few years into it. They are trying to reduce smog, which I get, but it isn't the car's. The semi's, the burning, the forest fires, the farm equipment, none of which is/can be regulated. I was just surprised it failed.
April 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping all goes well for the baby.

Had a weird day here yesterday. A friends husband died suddenly. They have 1 son, around 14 I think. I think he had a heart attack at work. We aren't close, but I am sad for her.

Everything else is just peachy in n fl.
April 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
no emmisions testing here either.

Hope that baby does well.

Congrats on your new baby boy!!

Happy Golden Birthday to her!

I am soooooooo bored, nothing to do. Still cold, raining, can't go outside. Starting to plan Isaac's graduation party, decided on June 8th for it. He has prom coming up and his girlfriend got a $26 prom dress she ordered online. Its cute.

Oh, and I was going to say, why do people think on Craigslist that their USED items are worth almost NEW prices. I am trying to find a new double stroller and these people post their stuff for OBSCENE prices. WHY would I pay $150 for a stroller I can buy new at the store for $175 or $180????

I saw crib bedding, well, just a sheet, quilt and crib skirt (which I never use) that is so cute, its cupcakes. I want it, but its $75 and I can't justify it.
Babymakes8 likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 10th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
number5, congrats and welcome to the world of boys!! i am impressed that you are up and at 'em on the computer so soon after delivering.

anyone heard from mari?

still coughing here...still windy outside too. wyatt has a short day today so i am getting him and taking him home so i can shop at kohls and get my nails done. i bit off all the acrylics last night at baseball - they were due to be changed anyway. i kinda like the feel of short nails for about a minute and then they start to peel and all bets are off.

church tonight, left-over stew for my dinner. tomorrow night the kids asked me to babysit so they can go on a double-date together. that could mean a late night for this old girl.

time to get busy -- have lots of stuff from my office to move upstairs before my boys decide to show up some random day and move the heavy stuff around for me. it is so beautiful outside -- blue clear skies thanks to the wind. i will miss the view from my desk since upstairs has a different window set-up.

UM, my twin stroller was bought from CL. new, it would have been over $400. i paid $300 and i bet it would get $200 now. i haven't decided to sell it yet although i will eventually. too bad it won't fit in the box.

~~terre~~
April 10th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HI ladies. I just read like 4 pages (or more) and I can't remember everything, so I hope everyone is fine, congrats on new babies, and repti, I'm so coming to Wisconsin and kicking your butt if you don't get out of that funk!

That's all

April 10th, 2013, 10:08 AM
My double stroller budget is less than $100....shoot, less than $60. I don't need fancy, just one that doesn't have mold spots on the seat. I'm not in the market for high end strollers.

So, question about baby names. I am about 97% decided, its a letter issue.

So we have picked Evaani Jospehine. Evaani is a derivative of Evan (according to my name book) and means God is gracious (I think).
Then there is Avaani, which is Indian and means earth.

So, in my head I am saying one EE-vahn-ee and the other Ah-vahn-ee. I prefer the Evaani meaning, but kinda like the Avaani spelling. `

I'd probably end up calling either Vaani (Vahn-ee), but also prefer, if she grew up and wanted to shorten it, Eve or Eva to Ava.

Anyone want to weigh in?? LOL
April 10th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like Evaani.
MIL2lissy8 and Farmers-wife like this.

April 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
me too. evaani is pretty. i really wish you would post a list of all your names IN ORDER so we could compare how it sounds. (notice the challenge there?? : O ) i read a name in a book the other day and thought of you, jen. let me go find it and toss it out there.

it is 'akiane'. i thought you could spell it like this: aakiane or aakiana. i say it ah-kee-on or ah-kee-anne. this is the little girl that drew the picture of Jesus in the book 'heaven is for Real'. the book is the story of a little boy named colton that went to heaven during his surgery and came back to talk about it. a similar thing happened to the girl and she drew what she saw there. when the little boy saw the picture of Jesus, after looking at hundreds of other pictures over time, he said it was exactly the same person he saw in heaven. great book -- cute name in your style i think.

~~terre~~

Last edited by MIL2lissy8; April 10th, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
April 10th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Terre, I read the book. It was good, I think I read it in 3 hours. Have you read The Harbinger or The Shack? They are both good too.

Pretty much it is Evaani Jospehine. I don't have a list. LOL Just was having thoughts about the first letter.

So Canaan is officially walking. He has been doing steps for awhile, and going from couch to chair, but now he is off and running.
MIL2lissy8 and Babymakes8 like this.
April 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your boy!!! Love his name!

I like Evaani, Ava and Evie Jo, lol! Eva Mendez pronounces her name as Ava so I'm going to vote for Evaani.

I would pronounce Kiane, kee-AHN-nee. I have a friend whose sister is Kiana (kee-AHN-na). Very pretty...UM can use it for her next girl.

We're are stuck inside thanks to the storm. The little girls and I spent a good part of the morning playing camp out and hiding from the thunder in our make shift tent, lol! I have a ton of chores to catch up on (the nice weather kept us outside) but I don't care...I want to have fun with my littles before they aren't littles anymore.

WTG Canaan!!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

April 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I pronounced both names the same way. I just saw a different spelling lol

I agree about CL. I see it out here at garage sales even.
April 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UM~ what is the meaning of Josephine? If it's similar to E..... too lazy to scroll up for spellings then maybe you could use the A... spelling???
#5 congratulations!!!! big boy ouch!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search