I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2324Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2014, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Repti, I am happy to hear that the truck drivers wouldn't let you unload trucks. You may not have liked it but I think it's nice. so there.

Glad everyone is feeling better m2m, it's been a long haul.

Dh had supper at the Golden Corral last night (in NM), we don't have them up here, and I haven't come across a buffet of quite that magnitude up here, so he was quite impressed. They arrive in Texas today.

I am doing a few interviews for teachers today. It's my last stint for it. One more Ed Committee meeting and I'm done. (9 years later)
April 3rd, 2014, 08:18 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ordered pizza yesterday and packed all but two pieces for Dh for lunch, and went to eat those two pieces and realized the kids must have snuck one piece. Now I have to find something else to eat later. **** kids! We also ate dinner out last night and I forgot my leftovers so can't have those either! poo.

I like old country buffet, but we don't have one here, it's in Milwaukee area and the food isn't that great to go brave that customer base. We have like 300000 chinese buffets though! So long as they have crab rangoons, cashew chicken, and those little cheddar potato bite things I'm ok with any of them.

April 3rd, 2014, 08:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I love Golden Corral, they have the best darn steak...it's the only time I eat steak and I make a complete pig of myself. Megan once ate so much she threw up in there parking lot lol she's much more cautious when we go there now.

I think my sister has the one you mentioned Repti and she really likes it. We also have a Chinese food type place that is buffet style and they're pretty good, but both places are on the other side of town so we rarely go....which is why I probably make a pig of myself
April 3rd, 2014, 09:08 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
m2m cake was fabulous. thanks for sharing about that boxed one, I thought about buying it as well. Glad to save the $$. I have made rainbow cake with white cake mix, separate into 3rds and add food color. Used a bundt pan and cut in half, stood on ends to look like rainbow.
Dropped H off at the airport this am. Sitting here eating leftover fried chicken and mashed potatoes from popeyes.. lol
Chilly and rainy here. Dh said sunny and 70* where he is. Asked him to bring it home.
April 3rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
This cake is awesome:
Rainbow Cake: How to Make a Rainbow Cake by Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio - YouTube

Bastian found it. He watches youtube whenever I allow him to be on the ipad. He's obsessed with cooking shows, mostly nerdy nummies.

April 3rd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Yep, stay far away from it. I like the guys show so I just figured what the hell. I threw the cake away, it was just that nasty.

Repti, that's the basic idea of how I do it, except you'd just poor the layers in order of a rainbow, in a pan and bake. Yummy, and kids have loved it. That mix, ugh, my bad for being lazy.

Aiden like to watch the cooking channel, then he tries to direct how I cook lol
~mommy~ likes this.
April 3rd, 2014, 10:41 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I feel like im too far behind to catch up properly but will do my best.

Um you are setting the standard too high for me to reach when it comes to what can physically be done during pregnancy AND raising a large family!! seriously I couldnt even in my deepest dreams at night dream that I could do what do you do during pregnancy. doesnt sound like they tip toe around you either.

M2M really glad to hear your LO is feeling better and did not get whooping cough.

Im sure if I ever went to a buffet resturant I would not be able to walk out the door cause I would have eaten too much .lol.

good luck with the interviews #5

Just bought Daliyah a new walker so that has been keeping her busy and allowed me to be super busy with massive cleaning and organizing! loove it when its sparkling. not sure how many more days I have left with her distraction. lol.
April 3rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have thousands of chinese buffets here too Repti. As long as there is mango green tea cake I'm happy.

I think if I ever have to bake a rainbow cake I will hand it over to my 19yr old. I don't have the patience and what good is having a pastry chef for a kid if you can't get her to bake cakes for you?

Amira, hopefully that walker provides many more days of entertainment.

We had parent-teacher interviews at the 17yo and 14yo's school last night. Because my husband and I are horrible we did scissors paper rock and the winner got to talk to 17yo's teachers. I lost. DH reported back that Azriel is doing exceptionally well, as predicted. Up to date with all his work, teachers think he's great, straight A's. Sunny, on the other hand, has been copying out of the answers section of her math textbook, that's when she actually hands something in, and despite being separated from all friends bar one, needs to stop talking through class. The only teacher who seemed happy with her work was her art teacher.
~mommy~ likes this.
April 3rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
kids...never a dull moment.

I live in a small quiet town. 3000 people. about 50 kids per grade in high school. 2 kids got into a fight. 1 went home and got a gun. Thankfully nothing bad actually happened. Very scary none the less.

I just have to say that it is totally exhausting to have a BFF in a marital crisis.
April 3rd, 2014, 03:51 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I despise buffets. Too many people and all I eat is salad. However the rest of the family loves them. We went to Golden Corral with taxes, and a place called Fire Mountain. FM was better.

I can't stand parent teacher conferences. I have a people phobia...lol. I'm just not a fan of the general public, exact opposite of my husband, he's a people person.

Amira, glad the walker kept her busy!! Evaani hates being restrained in anything....lol

#5, that is scary. I remember the "good old days" when a fight was just a fist fight and then it was all over. LOL. No jumping people, no guns.

I think Aaron is going to pull off graduation after all!!! He is a credit short, but got approval to take a 5 credit test because he has done so well this year. So WHEN he passes the test he will be plus 4 credits!!!! He will graduate!!!!!!!
#12 is on the way
April 4th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Okay let's see if I can remember everything...

I had a talker, always did well in school but it was a constant complaint.

BFF's can be a lot of work on good days. I remember my friend when she was crisis..more her then her husband...at one point she thought maybe he was cheating. I LMAO. If you knew her husband you'd know that would never happen. That's not something I'd say about many men, but him I can say it with 100% positivity. They got through it, and when they were talking she mentioned that to him, and then said after me telling her she was an idiot he decided he liked me more.

Yay for the walker, I preferred the saucers so they weren't mobile.

UM. I remember good ole days of fiat fights also, and congratulations to Aaron! That's awesome! Our high school offers something similar. It's how Ted was able to graduate
April 4th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was#1's birthday yesterday. I have an adult now. Her dad took her to a double feature captain America movie thing. We are having a surprise pizza party with her friends tonight. She got a letter that she won $1000 scholarship! Which is great because we didn't actually get her anything.
UrbanMomma likes this.
April 4th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome UM!

I like parent teacher interviews. But then again, most of my kids' teachers (up to grade 9 anyways) have been at the school for year and genuinely care about my kids.

Happy Birthday to #1! And what a great birthday surprise, good for her.

With dh and #2 gone, it's only me and 4 kids. It feels like there's hardly anyone home.

Last edited by #5in2005; April 4th, 2014 at 07:37 AM.
April 4th, 2014, 07:49 AM
it's been one hell of a time here for me the last two weeks. Bad things can only come in threes right?

I'm hungry, and there is nothing to eat here. Makes me want to get fast food but we really can't afford that all the time.

April 4th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good morning my friends!!!

~~terre~~
April 4th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know that feeling. When my bil lived with us, he went away for work for a long weekend. I was like "why bother cooking, nobody is home".

I just had a blow up with #2. She has been working to save money for camp. Doing really well and today reached her goal. The goal included the $50 deposit I put in for her and she was supposed to pay me back when she reached goal. So I asked her for the ones because she is having a pizza party tonight for #1 and I need the cash to buy pizza. She's all no, I will later, etc. I said no, I need it now because we are leaving and you owe me the money. She said "I don't owe you anythign" really snarky. So I said "give me the money right now" she handed me the envelope and I took the money out. Then a little later she came back at me with more attitude and I said give me all the money you aren't going. She was livid and shouted "you can't take it it is mine" I said yes I can and you aren't going.

So she is pretty angry with me right now. She said "good luck getting your deposit back" I said I don't care, it was your work, and I will just give it to another kid.

I may let her work to earn her money back from me. My bathroom is a mess right now. Am I wrong?
April 4th, 2014, 11:25 AM
The deposit went to the camp place already? and then another kid would go to camp? I'm confused by that part.

Reminds me of the neighbor kid. Her grandparents give her everything. To the point that she tells her mom she doesn't want to be at home anymore, and even asked her when she was going to drown in the river so she could go live with her grandparents... Anyway on the way home she was CRYING begging for the movie frozen. Mom tells her she can earn it, starting by walking home nicely for a whole week. I told her she could clean up all my dog poop for $20. She looks at me and says "I can't, and I'm not anyone's slave!!" I snarked back, that it looks like she's not earning anything. hah. She's fricken 6. Oy.

April 4th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Can anyone else upload photos? It says I've reached my upload limit.
HalfDozen likes this.

April 4th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Take any one kid out of my house and it's empty. Doesn't matter that there are still 5 people in it lol

Repti, give me a few and I'll check, are to trying to change a signature or just add a pick? I haven't done it in a while.

FW, that attitude would have pissed me off. You know when they want money it is NOW. As for taking her money. I do agree with her. It's her's, she earned it, you wouldn't let someone who's pissed at you come take what you earned right? Now, having said that...her *** could stay home and clean all summer with that kinda attitude. Now I recognize that teens are hormonal messes, so I'd probably change my mind if the attitude improves.
AmiraX4 likes this.
April 4th, 2014, 12:02 PM
the little insert image link thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search