I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I was told the same thing when I tried to upload from my phone. Is that a new feature? It wasn't there when I posted the cake.

And it won't let me paste a URL either.
April 4th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Must be a new feature, you can upload from your computer now too it looks like (once they get it working).

April 4th, 2014, 01:58 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'd keep the money until her attitude improves. I feel like the opportunity to earn money is a privilege, so therefore I have the right to confiscate said privilege. I wouldn't keep it forever, or make her earn it back through work though.

I'm tired....really, really, tired.

Middles went to their dads. Isaiaah and Marquay went to Isaac's apartment. Its kinda quiet. There are only 5 kids here and second oldest sons gf.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 4th, 2014, 04:13 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I sometimes dreaded confr with my older ones when in high school. No talkers but when DS1 was in the US high school he skipped out a couple of times.

Very scary gun situation! very good tohear that it wasnt used.

Congrats to Aaron!

I think if DD1 was gone I would be lost to! she is sometimes my right hand. hope the time passes quickly

I agree with what M2M said in that she did earn it but you still can punish the attitude. With the young ones I have removed a star that was earned for good behavior but not the stars earned for doing other things like if they cleaned something or did a good deed ect. because that was specially earned. I know not totally the same with teen issues but same idea.

Its school night and im going to let DD3 play on the computer for a loooong time while I veg out and watch some movies. We have all the premium chanels for free right now so something has to be on until shark tank comes on.

Tomorrow a good friend is coming with us to take all the kids to a science/indoor play arena. Its going to be exuasting and im already began taking pain meds in prep. My back and now hip are KILLING me.

So happy that we just got DD2 enrolled in preschool. She is so excited and will go 2 days a week for about 4 hours. Monday is enrollement day and will show her around. Its a late start but will get her prepped for what to expect in american school when she starts full time in sept.
April 4th, 2014, 07:00 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Repti, that was the same issue I was having when I was trying to upload my announcement the other night. I was getting very annoyed with it, and I thought maybe it was just my computer. Glad to know it's not just me, but I'm not happy with it. I'm not sure what the goal is with it. Although I WOULD like to be able to upload straight from my computer....

#1 is out of state for softball. #2 & #3 are full of attitude. And this mama is just plain tired. Zzzzzz....

New picture in progress......
April 4th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Okay, so I just happened to notice there was an announcements section at the top of my screen in my DDC. They are launching new photo album stuff, similar to FB. That's all fine and well, but I'm not really sure I want my photos available to the public. The instructions said I would need to change my settings by going into User CP, scrolling down to Miscellaneous Options, and choosing WYSIMG (or some mix of letters). Anyhow, that was already selected for mine so I switched it back to standard, and now I am able to use the image button just like I used to. I don't think my computer likes the new setup anyhow!

Last edited by HalfDozen; April 5th, 2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Remove test photo
April 5th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, why am I looking closely at things that come in 6's?
April 5th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Cybele I didn't notice that, but if you go a page back there's a birth announcement that the picture belongs to.
April 5th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
still like the pregnancy announcement, very cute.

ok, I am putting in an order for a "techy" son in law. I need one (not right now, eventually) since none of my girls are extra computer savvy, and nor am I. I want someone to do this kind of thing for me. My phone won't go on wifi, and I looked up how to fix it, but it only works if your phone is updated (it was on my todo list) and to update it you have to do it on your computer itunes but my computer and phone haven't been able to communicate. This is all a giant pain in the buttski.
I got a text that I had used 75% of my monthly data and I'm only 6 days in, here I just assumed I was on wifi, but I was using data instead. ARG
HalfDozen likes this.
April 5th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
iPhone right?

I have a few suggestions.

Have you tried a hard reset? You won't loose any of your info or apps, just hold the top power button and the center button down at the same time (like a screenshot) hold it till the apple sign appears. In 98% of problems this fixes it.

The reason it is saying to go to iTunes is because updating is usually a lot of info, so to avoid data usage problems they say to connect, but you don't have to. Before I type out a huge response try the hard reset first and let me
Know what happens
April 5th, 2014, 11:22 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have in requests for a mechanic, general contractor, a hairstylist, and anyone who would like to be independently wealthy so they can help me out when I am old. LOL
HalfDozen likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 5th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Sorry, Cybele: I was just testing out my new settings to see if pictures would work now.I'm hoping for sons-in-laws that are doctors or lawyers - someone to take care of their parents-in-laws when they get old. For a daughter-in-law, I just want someone kind. Being a hairstylist would be helpful!

April 5th, 2014, 12:46 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I have to say that being the idiot that I am, I could not for the life of my figure out what was in the pic halfdozen. When cybele posted, I then understood, Yah I am that smart! lool... I love it that is sooo cute !
HalfDozen likes this.
April 5th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
So Kailyn got an Innotab 3s for free. Walmart was having a clearance sal so I grabbed that, an imaginex batman castle thing for Aidens birthday and some little horse thing. Since two of them were big price drops the cashier needed a CSM to override she does her thing and hands me my receipt. I have no clue of the total, I get home pull out the receipt and notice it's $35 less then it should be. Sadly I'm not nice enough to go back and correct their mistake lol.
April 5th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OOOOHHH, these things go right over my head.

I've gained a med school in-law, this works well. A plumber inlaw would be useful.

M2M, I wouldn't go back either, haha.
April 5th, 2014, 01:55 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2M the same thing happened tome the other day when we were out and I was buying clothes for the kids and me 2 pairs of flip flops. I liked them both one was Tommy H and the other not so known but more comfy, when paying I suddenly decided not get the other one and put them to the side, (both the same price) when we got home later I saw both in there!

I told myself the next time I go back to the store I will go to customer service and pay for them. Now, how long it will take me to go back>>>>>>>???
April 5th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
halfdozen you could wish for daughter in laws that are doctors and lawyers too or a kind hairdressing son in law

M2M thanks for the tip... it didn't work unfortunately. I'm in the midst of trying something else at the moment, so we'll see. Crossing fingers and toes.
HalfDozen likes this.
April 5th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had baseball start today. Lots of fun. I threw one kid out of my tee ball team for the day for throwing a fit. I have to comb out my 9yo boys rasta hair tonight.
April 5th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Rasta hair? Sounds interesting.

#5 if that doesn't work let me know. There is something I know works (been there, done that) but it will erase all of your photos and stuff.
April 5th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
m2m, I have gone from my wifi button being grey, and what I ended up trying was to overheat my phone, (with a blowdryer) and then putting it in the freezer for 10 minutes. It worked as far as getting my wifi button "green" again, but then it didn't recognize my wifi. It popped up, I entered my password and then disappeared. I then tried resetting it (which was the first thing I had done initially) which got me back to the grey wifi button that you can't do anything with. So, I blowdried and froze again. This time my button was green, and it showed my wifi, I entered my wifi password and now I have a checkmark beside my home wifi, but my phone is still on 3G. I'm totally open to whatever suggestion you got, I've already put all my pictures and stuff on my computer, so if it has to erase stuff so be it.This is such an inconvenient time for it, normally I'd shut all my data off, but with dh in Texas I really don't want to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search