I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2324Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Three boys in 11 months, wow. Imagine feeding them as teenagers.
HalfDozen likes this.
April 16th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's more linoleum, what was down there was white and because it was right in front of the door it always looked dirty. It was but it would drive me insane so I'm laying a tannish marble color so I won't obsess over it....I hope lol
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
April 16th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Planning a graduation BBQ for #1. Is burgers and dogs ok? We don't have tables, chairs, sunshades. It is going to be crappy.

Got my dog shaved today. He looks like a rat!
UrbanMomma likes this.
April 16th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hot dogs and hamburgers is fine, tell people to bring their own chairs and put the word out for tables. Label it as a picnic graduation.
#5in2005 and HalfDozen like this.
April 16th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so far, i have seen an urgent care doc and a regular doc. one said it was like a stress-related form of eczema and today i heard how its allergies. dont know how its gonna play out but i am just plain over it!!!

~~terre~~
April 17th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
MIL I hope they figure it out soon.

Just a funny...

This weekend Megan was like "mom my shirt has shrunk" now I'm thinking it's one of her new shirts. Till I look up and realize it's older, and been washed any times. So I point out that I can't see a shirt that's been washed at least 50 times suddenly shrinking. She says "Well it did, it's to short and the sleeves are tight.". Again, I'm gently pointing out that it couldn't have suddenly shrunk. Finally I look at her and say "maybe, you've either gained weight or you haven't finished growing yet?". She got butt hurt, she's put on weight. Not a lot, but there is a little chunk there lol. She didn't like me pointing out, but honestly a shirt just doesn't magically shrink, did I need to spell that out? Hmm? Haha
April 17th, 2014, 09:13 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
LOL @ shirt shrinking.

We did #1's grad party last year and bbq'ed hot dogs, hamburgers and ribs. I made pasta and potato salad and had chips and melon. I borrowed extra tables and chairs.
If #2 does graduate this summer, will know in a week or so, we will repeat that same recipe. LOL

Ughh Terre, how frustrating, I hope you get this all figured out soon! Feel better!
#12 is on the way
April 18th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have the Good Friday Appeal for our children's hospital here today. We volunteer every year as my 14yr old spent the first 4 weeks of her life in that hospital. We had a mini carnival in our area this morning that raised $3000 (not bad for a small town and a carnival that only ran for 4 hours, and for 3 hours it rained, my 6yr old has decided that the chair-o-plane is 10x more fun in the rain) I ran the face painting, which, given the rain was a pretty pointless effort, but nevermind. The three older kids have been tin rattling.
Watching the families on TV talking about why their kids are in the hospital always makes me bawl my eyes out. My kids have banned me from watching the telethon this year.
MIL2lissy8 and Farmers-wife like this.
April 18th, 2014, 11:05 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I cant tell you how many shirts of mine have shrank too!!

Cybele that is great amount of $$!
April 18th, 2014, 11:39 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
MIL, you need to see a dermatologist - before it gets too far out of hand!! I'm so thankful my midwife was able to get me in to the dermatologist with an emergency appointment this past week. The derm told me, though, that since this has been going on so long (1 1/2 years), I'll likely be on the antibiotics for a minimum of 6 weeks and may need more after that.

No tattoos here. My one sister is trying to talk all of us (4 girls) into getting one together. I'm not big on tattoos, but I would do it for that purpose. I just want it to have special meaning.

FW, I don't think you have to do anything over-the-top for graduation. Make it simple, and I like the picnic idea. Throw some balloons up, and a few decorations, and you're set. I have to start thinking about next year since I'm sure the whole fam damily will be traveling out for #1's graduation.

I really need advice on a bigger car. Mine is pretty darn close to dying, but I have to wait a little longer because we really can't swing another one right now, but I'm also going to NEED it come October. Is there anything that seats 9? I'm thinking I'm going to be stuck with a 12-passenger.

Oh, and it takes about $85 to fill my mini-van when it's on E. Repti, yours must have a smaller tank.

Last edited by HalfDozen; April 18th, 2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: fix typo
April 18th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Gas prices are so high, it costs me $70 to fill my van. I only have 5 kids, so no car advice here.

You'd think it's Christmas instead of Easter, it's cold and snowing

Dh and I went on a date last night (we went to see God's not dead, and the theatre was packed so that was cool) and to dinner. I was feeling a little guilty about leaving the kids, but they decided to have a "sister party", they all went in the hottub together and then played a game by candlelight because the power was out for an hour, and after the electricity came back on they put #5 in bed (at 10) and when I came home they were watching tv together. It's kinda nice when it can be like this every so often.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
April 18th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I looked up the gas tank size it's 21.3, which is weird because that would be about $76 to fill. Maybe E really isn't E. Wonder how long I can run it after the gas light goes on lol

April 18th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I think it is a good two to two and a half gallons. My little car has a 12 gal tank. The light goes on and counts down to zero miles to empty. When I gave filled it, it only goes to 10. So I think it is fibbing.
April 18th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i saw that movie, #5, and enjoyed it for the most part. i want to go see the new one that starts today about the little boy that sees heaven while he is in surgery. i cant think of th4e name of it but i read the book and it was really good.

growing out your hair sucks....just sayin'.

well i have gained at least 5 pounds on the steriods meds i am taking for my face. monday i start dieting all over again. not gonna gain back what i lost...just not gonna happen.

feeling blah and tired right about now.

~~terre~~
April 18th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Half dozen, doesn't your dd drive? How often do you all go somewhere? What's the average # of kids you have with you?

I ask because once my kids drive I stopped worrying about fitting them in. If they were going to go where we were going then they just drive themselves. I also found that a larger percentage of times I didn't have all of the kids since the older ones often had their own things to do. Just something to consider.

Mil sorry about the weight gain. Steroids are a ***** that way.

I used to know how far my cars could be pushed before they'd run out of has. I haven't had a chance to test the new ones yet.

#5 glad you had a good time!

Nothing new here.
April 18th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Heaven is for real.

Got the announcement/invitations ordered tonight. I'm concerned they won't get here in time to mail them in a reasonable time, so I created a Facebook event for the locals and people I hope can come. The rest I'm hoping will just send checks. I think I'm the tackiest person ever!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
April 18th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we love tacky around here!!!

yes, heaven is for real. it was well done and i loved it!!!! joel cried like a baby, bless his gentle heart. i would be bold enough to say that you should all go see it -- you wont be sorry.

~~terre~~
April 19th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think that one is showing in mainstream cinemas here, pretty much unless it's a blockbuster or an Australian film they don't end up in the big cinemas, we have an independent cinema locally, but given the subject matter I doubt it will generate enough ticket sales to hang around for long.

Tacky works well for me too.

Gallons confuse me.

I have a group of teenagers in my sunroom singing "deck the halls with hot cross buns". Bunch of weirdos.
April 19th, 2014, 05:09 AM
A gallon is around 4 liters, but not quite.

#9 wore panties to bed and stayed dry all night. Got my Easter shopping done. My brisket is marinating. All we have to do today is boil and dye eggs. But nobody but me likes deviled eggs. But everyone wants to dye them!
April 19th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Almost all my kids like hardboiled eggs. I don't make them into deviled eggs usually. From Easter eggs anyway. Bastian doesn't like the "oak" lol

I wonder if my paragraphs work now without splitting them.

We don't see many movies. Last one was the Lego movie in 3D lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search