I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2267Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2014, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not quite sure about the story there, so many different ones that float around about that one....

The sun is shining again. I have to mention it while it lasts, there's snow in the forecast for wednesday

Just a catching up kind of day and those are good ones. I hope you get one of those soon M2M, sounds like you need a little recharging.
April 21st, 2014, 09:23 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Our forecast shows the possibility for snow Wednesday also, but the forecasters do say they think it's a very long shot. We're going to be 74 (feels like a heat wave), I can't imagine snow...

We're having ham today, my MIL puts cinnamon on her's and it just makes it taste strange so today I'll do ours the way the kids like it.

Gotta take the hubby for a MRI on his back so I'm trying to get everyones lessons done for the day. I've decided to work with Kailyn also, she has a hunger for learning and in one week learned 4 letters, how to basic adding (with pictures), and most of all of her shapes. She threw a fit yesterday cause I couldn't do any schooling with her lol

I've decided that I think a lot of my back ache is from my boob's.
April 21st, 2014, 10:02 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cinnamon? Weird! I do brown sugar, and if I get a real bone in ham I've done pineapple. Usually I get those pre-formed ones and slice them with the meat slicer and throw in the slow cooker.

Becca used to be like that with school too. When there was no school because of early release (the afternoon kids don't go when there is early release) she would be the biggest butt hole because she couldn't go to school lol.

62 here, sposed to have t-storms. I wouldn't mind if it actually thunders.

Westy was such a cute little boy today, he cuddled with me for quite some time on the couch just watching paw patrol. I've been trying to eat lots of protein to keep my stomach feeling ok. Got like 45 grams in so far today already. I'm almost out of peanut butter.

April 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The cinnamon doesn't taste bad, it's just different. I like brow sugar and pineapple also, so mine is sitting in the crockpot cooking away.

I LOVE peanut butter and eat it by the spoonfuls but I only like Skippy's newish natural one. Once I tried that I have not gone back to anything else. I also love almond butter, and you can forget the spoonfuls I will sit and eat the jar lol
April 21st, 2014, 10:48 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't eat ham, Yuck.

Back to work today, back to only person who can get done, then they want me to load everyone else's trucks. Hmmmm, same amount of money, more work than everyone else. Somehow doesn't seem fair.
#12 is on the way
April 21st, 2014, 11:34 AM
I'll have to try almond butter.

You've been there quite some time UM. Maybe time to ask for a raise? Maybe you can ask for a raise at home too

April 21st, 2014, 12:24 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is bright and sunny today. OUr road is totally eroded out and a big huge mess. I don't even know how much water fell on it the last few days. It needs some serious work and repair now and the way our neighborhood works, us and the neighbor right next to us will be doing it. Everyone is only concerned with the part of the road that gets them to their driveway. Well, the road ends at our house and the neighbors. So the way I see it, we can fix this last leg and let everyone else do the front part. Right? And next time they ask us to chip in, we can say we put all our road money in the last leg.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
April 21st, 2014, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Repti, hate to be that person, but Ishtar is not pronounced Easter, thats the goddess Eoestre/Ostara. It's a common misconception, but Ishtar is pronounced exactly as written and she has no links to Easter whatsoever. I've seen that one float around a bit this equinox, our coven's poor High Priestess is having kittens over it, "So we're finally acknowledging Pagan roots of holidays and we get the wrong myth. That would be exactly what happens, wouldn't it?"

Kids are back at school today for three days, then another public holiday on Friday fir ANZAC day. I don't know why they even bothered with this week to be honest.
April 21st, 2014, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wait for it...........

My dh put up baseboards today.

They came off September 2012, and we had our floor tiled April 2013, so they've been off for a full year. He went to a farm auction for a while this morning and I felt that if he had time to go to the auction he probably could make time to put these baseboards up. It took him all of an hour and I am very very happy!

Had visitors this afternoon and she brought along her 3 week old baby, such a sweetie and so fun to snuggle a newborn
April 21st, 2014, 08:37 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My problem tee ball kid stayed in the game the whole time tonight! Sure I had to hold him in my lap sitting in right field the whole time, but he didn't run off, didn't cry, didn't cause a problem! I gave him a quarter, a hug, and told him I was proud of him.
April 22nd, 2014, 05:01 AM
I was going to say, those things have been down for some time #5!

Didn't eat much for dinner and my stomach is paying for it this morning. Got a doctor appointment today, right away this morning hopefully I can get through it without barfing.

April 22nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
Yay for baseboards, finally. LOL

Repti, thats the one problem with unions, the crappy people get protected and we all get paid based on our seniority/contract. So if someone has been there longer, but loads slow as a dead person, they still get paid more than me. Pay isn't based on performance. Makes me want to slow down, but that goes against my work ethic.
AmiraX4 likes this.
#12 is on the way
April 22nd, 2014, 09:27 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
#5 that snow is stalking you! Yah for baseboards!!

M2M your Dd sounds like my DD1.

Oh poor you Repti--- the fun and joy of pregnancy! nausea is the worst! can you take zofran?

UM I dont know a thing about unions and all that stuff but thats crazy that you guys dont have performance based reviews for wages! Thats no motivation for a company to drive performance. Keeping a long term lazy slob that takes 10 times to many smoke breaks and shows up late every monday and paying him more than seasoned newbie that drives company revenue is LUDICROUS! (sp FW?)
Something great always comes from hard work in way or another sooner or later!

Nothing new here, My hip MRI showed I have pretty bad brasitis sp>? it has a huge name in front of it cant remember but it also showed my left hip with 'very mild' but I would not have known because my right side is what is killing. Anyhow it does tie into some of my back issues.

Having a guest over tomorrow for lunch and although I met her a few years ago, nothing more than just hi, how are you blah blah blah..So am going to try and make a good impression by making some traditional Kebsah and not sure of dessert yet. Its going to be a little akward being that no other mutial friends will be around lool...
April 22nd, 2014, 11:15 AM
Yeah I forgot about that union stuff. Same thing that said teachers could not give two ****s about your kid or doing their job, but they went on strike so they could keep all their benefits. Whatever..

This was an ultrasound to check what caused my bleeding, so not really much time with the real doc, that appointment is on thurs. I will ask about it. I havent thrown up TOO much, but I always feel nauseous, so not really interested in food much, and then I feel worse.
Anyway, there is a "pretty significant" tear in where the placenta is attaching. Baby is in there, has a heart beat, so not much they can do about it. She said most of the time it doesn't detach completely, but anything could happen. Another reason i don't want to tell many people.

April 22nd, 2014, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh beth ~~~ rest as much as you can (a joke, i know, with all those little ones). i hope the dr can give you some hope and answers.

~~terre~~
April 22nd, 2014, 11:51 AM
Yeah, try to take it easy, Repti.

Originally unions were supposed to protect workers from being overworked, underpaid, fired without cause, etc. Now it seems like they protect the crappy employees.
HalfDozen likes this.
#12 is on the way
April 22nd, 2014, 01:22 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Hopefully the tear doesnt cause you too much worry. Is that like placenta previa? Im sure rest will be difficult but if you can maybe light duty in the home ??
April 22nd, 2014, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Take care of yourself Repti.

We're having all sorts of rain and weather warnings
April 22nd, 2014, 02:42 PM
I'm really not sure she said there might be blood behind it yet but I haven't had bleeding since last week. She didn't seem too worried of course you have to think the baby is only like 11 cm or something so a 5 cm tear is "big" I think it will be OK. Still waiting till late may to tell people.

Stay safe #5

April 23rd, 2014, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
no tornadoes, extreme rainfalls or flash floods. Not even close, it's just rainy outside so it was a little dramatic to have all these weather warnings.

I'm feeling anxious for you for your appointment tomorrow Repti.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search