I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope things are going okay Beth...try to get a little rest.

Everyone in my house is back to school/work after Easter and spring break last week. My son turned eight this weekend, and I took cupcakes in for his class today. Three of the kids have had their birthdays now...the last one will be in June.

Baseball season supposedly started last week here. I have three kids playing. We just need some dry weather now...
April 23rd, 2014, 01:16 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I didn't take time to read back yet, but here's a picture of my ultrasound from this past Saturday. I was measuring 3 days ahead, but my due date remains the same. And my happy news - only 1! My mom and 1 of my sisters were convinced it was twins so I'm relieved.

New picture in progress......
April 23rd, 2014, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many2010 View Post
Half dozen, doesn't your dd drive? How often do you all go somewhere? What's the average # of kids you have with you?

I ask because once my kids drive I stopped worrying about fitting them in. If they were going to go where we were going then they just drive themselves. I also found that a larger percentage of times I didn't have all of the kids since the older ones often had their own things to do. Just something to consider.
Yes, my oldest daughter drives. However, she doesn't have her own car. The one she bought hasn't worked for months (and has been at the shop, where they can't get it to work, either. It keeps killing the battery.) And typically, my hubby is at work when I need to go somewhere so it's only my car. I'm not NECESSARILY as worried about the running-around with everyone because they don't all often go with me. However, our families both live 12 hours away, and for any other trips, we would need the extra seat. My minivan only seats 7. I would really like something that seats 9, but that seems unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
I think my 17 year old son has an issue on his hands. The pregnant girlfriend is something else. She likes to party, hang out, smoke weed. She is on probation, failed her last drug test for thc. Ughhhh. I told him to get his **** together because I feel like he is gonna end up a single dad with full custody.
Oh, UM that's awful! I hope your son can step it up, and really, I hope the girlfriend gets it together!! So sad to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
I don't eat ham, Yuck.
WHAT?? Ham is one of my favorite meats!! My mother-in-law is visiting, and she paid for the ham. Woo hoo!!

We did Easter a day late. Hubby and #1 both had to work on Easter. Then #1 had a softball game on Monday so we were going to do the egg hunt after that. She ended up not getting home until 8:30 so it was dark. Instead, they did it Tuesday while I was at work. They had lots of candy, a little money, and the older 3 each got a DVD.

Oh, and Repti, I'm sure you can't manage it, but I hope you can take it a little easy. A woman in my DDC last time had to be on pelvic rest for almost all of her pregnancy and then had to have a c-section for something similar. I hope it resolves for you!!!

April 23rd, 2014, 02:48 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I love ultrasound pics! So sweet!

Half then you're looking at a van. There is nothing for 9 specific, just bigger vans that can hold at least 9.

Sam says has ham is the only meat she misses.

The husbands MRI came back normal. I knew it would.
April 23rd, 2014, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ham is probably the meat I miss least. That said, most of my memories of it are from my mother's microwave cookbook phase in the late 70's, when it was oh so chic to own a microwave.
There is just something about a ham covered in wine and a tin of pineapple spinning around and around for 20 minutes that makes it taste like garbage.
UrbanMomma likes this.
April 23rd, 2014, 04:14 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A Csection would suck butt.

There's lots to do with ham like potato and ham soup
HalfDozen likes this.

April 24th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ick, Sasha came home from school with conjunctivitis today (I think you guys call it pink eye?). Haven't had that one go around our household in years.
April 24th, 2014, 05:44 AM
That's one of those over treated infections. The drops don't make it go away any faster than it would on it's own. Our doc doesn't even see you for pink eye anymore you just call and they call in drops lol

First actual doctor appointment today at 1:30 then I have to go to the store and get something for dinner. I want to do fajitas, but probably wont have time today. I want to get the meat from the mexican store. Not sure what we're going to eat tonight.

April 24th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Mmmmm, fajitas sound yummy! I think I'll hold off till Cinco de Mayo to do them.

April 24th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You don't even get medicine for pink eye out here.

Good luck with the appointment!

I love the Mexican store next to Megan's school. Sadly it's never open when I'm in the area. Of course I always get strange looks when they realize I can't speak a luck of Spanish beyond a very basic conversation.

So another funny. This time it's Sam.

Last week Sam was selling one if her cars. She goes out to get in it and her door wouldn't open. I kept asking if she had the right key, and she kept saying yes, it's a Mitsubishi their keys are very distinct. I tell her to go in her passenger door, completely forgetting that from the outside that door doesn't unlock. Finally I call triple A, and they come open her door for her. Ten minutes later she calls me that the key won't fit in her ignition, so of course I ask again do you have the right key. I mean honestly why would she have some random Mitsubishi key in her house right? She's adamant it's the key. At this point I tell her to wait for her boyfriend to get home cause I've got nothing. She's all huffy but she knows I'm right.

Thirty minutes later she calls "mom, I had the wrong key, Brandon (her boyfriends nephew that lives with then) found another set on top of the fridge" I laughed at her. Nobody told her boyfriend about that cause he would tease her endlessly lol
April 24th, 2014, 12:11 PM
HeatherMomof9's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello Ladies can i join yall? ive posted here awhile back now i find myself back here again

Let me re introduce myself

My name is Heather married to Robert with 8 bundles of joy!!!

Haylee 11 Jr 10 Nicholas 6 Blake 5 Skylar 3 Cory 2 Maygan 1 and our newest addition Justyn 2 weeks

look forward to talking with all of you!!

Haylee (June 2002)

Robert (Jan 2004)

Nicholas (Oct 2007)

Blake (Dec 2008)

Skylar (Nov 2010)

Cory (Dec 2011)

My little Premie Maygan
(March 4th 2013) Original due date April 25th

Justyn
(April 12th 2014)
7lbs 7oz born at 10:30am

Our Newest Addition Alana Aydriana Born 9-20-2015 born at 10:56
7lbs 11oz 19inches

April 24th, 2014, 02:37 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome shorty123 aw congratulations on your new addition #8..

Fajitas sound yummy. I like the cinco de mayo idea I think I will do them then too.
repti how'd it go?? fingers crossed.
boo to pink eye warning dont ever google pink eye or conjunctivitis images
love us pics tfs
yay for normal mris
April 24th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i have been waiting for a repti update too....waves hand at shorty.

~~terre~~
April 24th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Sorry guys! Just normal appointment, 5 vials of blood sucked and a urine sample, and a vag check. Made another appointment for 4 weeks, then about a week after that I will have that test and another ultrasound for genetic testing, so we will see if the tear has healed at all. Of course if there is any major bleeding I can go back in sooner. I'm only about 8 weeks so you can't hear the baby's heartbeat from the outside yet. Should be able to next time.... Or I'll just buy a doppler and listen to my own heartbeat for now LMAO!

And because I know it's super important the kids wanted corn on the cob for dinner so they had corn on the cob and corn dogs (just corn isn't dinner.. to me anyway) lol
I grabbed DH and I a chunk of beef, because I need to eat some protein before bed too otherwise I'll feel like poopy in the morning.
mom2many2010 and HalfDozen like this.

April 25th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm proud of you repti for holding on and taking everything in stride! Praying everything works itself out up in there.

Nothing new or exciting here. Got the graduation picnic invitations out. My mil is trying to make me mad, but I'm not gonna let her. We are having the picnic on the same day as my other kids dance recital. Dance at 2, picnic at 6. She's not sure they can come. I don't know why. I almost don't care. They can just send her a check.
April 25th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Glad things are looking good Repti. I've heard of a few people that have had the same issue and not had any issues after that.

Wondered where you were FW. Why does the IL's think they won't make it? Oh well it'll be their lose.

Yesterday Sam was hit on by her 'uncle', my best friends brother. She'd thought when he came in to where she works that he didn't recognize her ( in all fairness he hasn't seen her since she was fat, it's been a few years). I asked why she didn't tell him and she said it was so awkward that all she could do was walk away lol we've all been having a good laugh about it.

Oh did I tell you guys that she gets to keep her job? Today would technically be her last day but two days ago they came and offered her her position back. She didn't know what to do cause of her new job, but that boss was good and said he'd still like her to do a few days a week and she agreed. Such a relief for her, but she's keeping the second job cause she just doesn't trust where she works.
April 25th, 2014, 08:00 AM
That's kinda creepy M2M lol

FW, there's really nothing I can do about it either way, so I just sit and wait.

I just made the most uncomfortable phone call ever. I had to order two more jerseys for the softball team, the guys that ordered orginally forgot two, so I call and the guy has no idea what I'm talking about which would be fine, I'm patient, but then my stomach starts feeling like crap and I almost can not hold down the contents of my stomach. Obviously I'm not going be like "hold on while I barf..." so I just hope that I can hold on to it til I'm done. Not fun.

ANNNDDD No money deposited in the bank today from DH's employer. He ran out of gas yesterday on the way home, so he had to walk to the gas station, get some gas, then walk back to his truck, so he desperately needed gas this morning. Look in the bank, and there is nothing. He says "I gave them one of the things from the back of the check book" which is a deposit slip, annnd it does not have our routing number on it. It's got the bank's general deposit number thing. So I'm not sure when our money will be in there. hopefully soon.

April 25th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is good news. Weird about the fake uncle hitting in her. My dad had an old friend, old work buddy. Married with a kid a few years younger than me. One day when I was 17 he asked me if I wanted to go away with him for a weekend. I was all "yuck, no. You creepy old man". But I never told my dad or the guys wife about it.

I've been checking in but not posting. It takes so long and I'm always checking quickly in between running here or there. My connection is so slow.

We have a make up tee ball game tonight. My kids think they have to wear make up. I keep trying to explain. Then after that I'm driving #1 to uwf to audition for their theater school in the morning. She is. Really good and I think it would be a lot of fun and balance the premed biology bores!
April 25th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Repti I threw up on the phone all the time. I was very fast with the mute button, my poor best friend just got used to it lol. Sorry about the check, that sucks especially when you know you have money, you just don't 'have' it. Hopefully they can get it fixed and quickly.

Megan would always do her hair and make-up for track and volleyball. I never understood that. Good luck with the audition!

I plan to call him a dirty old man next time I see him, he's a trucker what can one say lol and like u said he hasn't he seen her in a few years and she does look completely different. I told if there is a next time just look at him and ask "have you talked to aunt Dori (his sister) lately?" Then watch as it dawns in him who she is.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
April 25th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hi gals. so today i see doctor #4 about my face. it is worse than ever, itchy and hurts in some areas like sore pimples. it has spread down my neck now as well as my forehead and eyelids.

my son is renting a truck today and we start moving him to the rental house. his escrow is not closing as planned but he needs to move now or lose the rental.

tomorrow is going to be hell on earth. first, its the bi-annual yard sale where 1000's of people come through starting at about 6a.m.. i have a garage of stuff to sell. wyatt has a ball game at 11a.m. and i am in charge of snacks for the day. my son will be still moving and our daughter is supposed to show up in the afternoon to celebrate granddaughter zoey's birthday with us. sunday is wyatt's birthday and we don't have a party planned yet because his momma hasn't gotten around to it. pray for me -- its gonna suck bigtime but at least on Monday i can call a truck to pick up donations of whatever doesn't sell and then its all over.

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search