I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2195Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2014, 12:25 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I just have a regular phone, nothing special. I think 6 months of bill saved up is fair.
#12 is on the way
April 29th, 2014, 12:34 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti.Mom View Post
There's no point in getting a job halfway through a pregnancy. Working for four-five months then being off isn't really doing anyone any good.
I agree. It would be nice to have my income, but as I keep telling him, then we would need to pay day care. They can't go back where they were before. We still owe them money so.....Guess he'll adjust.

April 29th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep. She's mad.
April 29th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our kids are allowed to get an iphone if they pay for it all. So here's the math....#1 has a pay and talk for $25 a month, which is $35 less a month than an iphone which is $420 not spent a year. Add that up to 3 years of high school and it's $1260. So if they think that's the best way to spend their money then they can go for it. Pretty much all of my older kids' friends have iphones that their parents pay for. There is NO WAY I am paying for their phones, I already cringe at what dh racks up every month. I think about getting a regular phone all the time.

Halfdozen I hope you find a great job....in 2 years or so.
MIL2lissy8 and Farmers-wife like this.
April 29th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Yes, everyone she knows that has one, me included, someone else pays the bill. She starts a part time job with the caterer that #1 works for. She will likely make enough money. If she decides to spend it that way, I will let her. But I have hope that she will decide it's not worth it.
April 29th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I paid for all of my kids phones, but originally they only had texting, no phone calls and it was because their after school activities never ended when they were supposed to and nothing pissed me off more then having to sit around and wait for them. Then we went to boost/AT&T prepaid, with upgraded phones once they were about 16. I still pay for Megans as she's in school and the others pay for their own. Megan has a windows phone, Lupan went iphone for him and his girlfriend on a contract, and Sam wouldn't take an iphone if I bought it for her and paid the bill. She prefers android based phones, which I did just buy her a new phone and it has almost everything my iphone has, but a heck of a lot cheaper price. I am an iphone girl. period. My phone is my only luxury, the husband also has an iphone. I have a major phone bill at the end of the month lol

MIL hope the doc can get you on the right track.
April 29th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks M2M. i am getting excited...which is kinda sicko. but i have not had to deal with something like this ever before.

as for around here, its getting more difficult by the hour.

~~terre~~
April 29th, 2014, 03:14 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't pay for any of the kids phones.

I am planning Aaron's graduation party for July 13th. We have to wait until then. June 7th is my niece's grad party, then its Father's day, then Naathaniel's bday, then my nephews bday, then 4th of July......so we got stuck with mid July.
#12 is on the way
April 29th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
What's more difficult mil?

Sounds like my summers but hey it doesn't matter when you party, only that you do
April 29th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Your party will be better than mine. And probably the same as hot.

Should be doctor time, mil! Let us know how you are when you get home.
April 29th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ok i am home for a second, so here is what she said: some skin infection made worse by the topical steroids they had me using. so i do oral antibiotics for a MONTH as well as wash my face with cetafil only. nothing else on my face for a month till i see her again. she was kind of blown away at how bad it is. but hey - its a good reason to throw out all my make-up and get all new stuff!!!!

off to baseball and m2m, i will explain more later about difficult or you can read it elsewhere....
UrbanMomma and HalfDozen like this.

~~terre~~
April 29th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Wow, glad this doc has a handle on it!
April 29th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness you finally got an answer and some treatment for it. It's amazing how you can get the run around.

My kids had to pay for their own phones, not a huge deal, legal working age is lower here then it is for you guys, so saving up the money has never been a problem, where they get stuck is that they can't go on a contract until they are 16, and they can't afford an iphone outright. So until then it's prepaid and cheaper phones. My 14yr old goes on about how badly she wants an iphone all the time, but she smashed the screen on her xperia a month after she bought it (she calls it a "designer spider web") so as if I would fork out that much on a phone for her anyway, she won't take care of it.
April 29th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW how close are you to the flooding down that way?
April 29th, 2014, 10:58 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
I keep reading this, but it's rather intimidating to hop right in...

Phones: My second grader wants a phone, because his friends all have smartphones. Already. Umm, no. That's ridiculous imo. When they're older, we'll probably get them a me-go (or whatever is around by then), with the ability to call 3 preset numbers, and that's it. When I got my first phone, I was 16 or 17, and it had 10 minutes or something a month included in the plan. It was for emergencies only (my truck liked breaking down a lot, lol).

I am: Nervous about my checkup tomorrow. Obviously hoping for a bfp, but always expecting bad news. My pap last year showed abnormalities, but they wanted to wait to see this year if it had changed. Also expecting to hear I won't be able to get pregnant until things go back to normal with AF (haven't had one in over a year, bfing, was on mini pill, and stressed... not sure which is the factor).

Also getting more and more stressed, angry, and depressed about our forced move next month. We're in a small community/neighborhood in the country, with a big yard, wild animals, peace, etc, and our only option at the moment is an apartment, in the city. I don't do cities, or apartments. Anxiety is through the roof. Most of our stuff will have to go to storage. Packing when you WANT to move is hard enough, when you don't want to... let's just say, it involves being overwhelmed, and a lot of tears.

And random question. I set an avatar pic, but don't see it. Does everyone else see it, and you're just not able to see your own, or did it not work?

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
April 29th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't see it.
April 29th, 2014, 11:21 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
Weird. I wonder what I did wrong, it shows if I go to my profile page.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
April 30th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Half was pretty close huh MIL? Hopefully it doesn't take the full month to clear up.

It's weds, ugh. No school for Bastian, and the other kids get out early. I accidentally made Weston's doc appointment for today too so I have to bring bastian with. I don't like to bring him unless it's FOR him. He's just a difficult kid to do anything with.

April 30th, 2014, 05:14 AM
I didn't know about the flooding til this morning. Pensacola is 3 1/2 hours to the west of me closer to Alabama. That is where #1 is going to school in August. I'm not amused.

I have all profile pics and siggies turned off because our connection is so slow it tok forever to load.

DFK, sorry about your forced move. I wouldn't like that either. Try to find a way to make the best of it. Find a way to laugh.
April 30th, 2014, 07:10 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Long time no see guys!

Clare has a phone and I pay for it. She has a second hand phone that I used before I got a smartphone. We pay $20 +taxes etc/month for it and she has unlimited text and minutes. She barely uses it though. She has a few friends with phones but mainly it's so if she's at church or a friend's house she has a phone to call me on. That's the most I'm doing though. She's too young for a smartphone imo.

So .... have any of you or your children ever had pinworms? I thought we might so I got pin x from the pharmacy and now I'm second guessing my self. It's a long story and I have more questions if any of you have had experience with this before.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search