I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2497Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
No experience with it. Sorry.

I saw the flooding on the news and new you were in that general range. It showed nothing but red over that part of the state lol

Death why are you guys moving? I could not live in an apartment. I grew up in one, but couldn't imagine going back.
April 30th, 2014, 08:48 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
MIL, hope it clears up quickly for you!! I bet they put you on what I can't take due to being pregnant. If I wasn't pregnant, I could have had one prescription, shorter term, and been done. Boo!! Guess I'll take my baby, though.

DFK, how come you have to move? It's something we're discussing right now as well, and I want to, but I don't also, if that makes sense. We know we couldn't do an apartment with our crew. We tried it for a while when we first moved to MA. My kids (and dogs) don't know how to function with neighbors....

Anybody in here getting hit with all the tornados, etc? I can't remember where everyone lives. My friend's mom lives in Alabama, and it's been crazy there!!

Sarah, sorry, no experience with that! I hope you figure out the problem!

On the subject of phones, my oldest has a smart phone, but her bio dad got it for her and pays the bill. She still has to keep grades up, etc. And then she's not mad at us when the bill doesn't get paid. LOL! We used to have her on our plan, but she kept getting it taken away for grades and some other stupid stuff so we said no more. #2 has one that we pay for - no smartphone, though. A couple of weeks ago, she was telling me she couldn't find it. A few days later, she's moving her clothes from the washer to the dryer and says, "I found my phone....". We have insurance on it, but we haven't put a claim in yet, and she won't get it back immediately, even when we do.

New picture in progress......
April 30th, 2014, 09:12 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sarah, hope you get that figured out!

Glad you seem to be headed in the right direction finally, MIL

No way could I be in an apartment with all these people, I don't even think we could find a rental that would take us.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 30th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I live in WI. In the part of WI where there is no bad weather EVER. We had a 'tornado' once and it knocked down one person's lawn chair. That was the extent of the damage. Not sure how they even measured it as a tornado. Being so close to the lake is good sometimes.

I feel like I should have created that unpopular puffin meme. It is totally me. I always seem to have the opposite opinion of everyone.

April 30th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No bad weather except tons of snow! I will take our rain, thanks. A fb friend grew up in Pensacola and keeps posting picks from her friends and mo. It is truly astounding the amount of water in there. The bridge I crossed on I 10 was under water, the road I was on to get yo I 10 from the school is collapsed, looks like a more than 20 feet drop. The big, super huge fancy baptist church on the main road has water 2-3 inches deep in the sanctuary! I hope Mother Nature gets this all out of her system before August.

Is pin worms where they come out the butt? Or get it in the skin from walking through yuck? I had one kid get this worm in his foot 8 years ago or so. I had to get a special cream for it. No big deal, but the pictures in the medical book my doc showed me was really creepy.
April 30th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my kids had pinworms as children.. we all had to be treated with a rx - one pill for each of us and then repeat in like two weeks. its so nasty but it clears up quickly enough. lots of laundry though -- sorta like when lice visits. ick.

i feel out of the loop - i have no clue what all this flooding is about. guess i need to watch the news.

one piece of good news.....i can still get my hair highlighted tomorrow as scheduled. it will not impact this cr*p on my face. does anyone have a cell that i can text a picture too so you can post it for me? if so, PM me.

~~terre~~
April 30th, 2014, 09:50 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The ones that come out the hiney. I had a couple of the boys have itchy butts and I could have sworn I felt something moving around back there. Haven't actually seen any worms though. I thought I did, but now I'm thinking maybe not since after taking the meds, nothing is showing up in the potty. Maybe it's too soon; it's been 40 hours I think. Terre, do you remember any of those details; how long it took for dead worms to show up after taking the meds etc?

Yeah, we've been doing loads of laundry too. And with so many people it's just really overwhelming.

I have a serious phobia of worms or anything slimy/creepy/crawly/wiggly. Worms, caterpillars, slugs, snails etc. I seriously CANNOT handle being around them. When we go fishing I flip out if the worms gets anywhere near me. So this is really wigging me out.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 30th, 2014, 11:45 AM
we've had pinworms, a couple times. Jayde is usually the first to get it. She's a big nail biter, and washes her hands for crap. You can get rid of them by eating lots of garlic too, but the pills (and there is OTC stuff too) is easy.

MIL What else is wrong? Just too much stuff going on?

April 30th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I'm going on a stupid people rant. We just had auditions and our first parent meeting for the children's show in June. On every email and Facebook post announcing auditions and the show, the dates have been listed for the shows. June 13,20,21,25,26,27,28. 7 days of shows. Plus tech week, which is hellish, but we get through it.

Today I get an email from a mom that says her daughter will be at camp for the 25,26,27 show dates. Is that a problem? Really? Half the shows? So I replied, yes it's a problem. Then she called me but I let it go to voice mail. So I just emailed her back and said, no it's not a problem, just change when she goes to camp.
April 30th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Kinda like DH's softball team. I'm supposed to call and order a jersey for this one dude who hasn't done anything for the team at all. Sold no raffle tickets, didn't show up for brat fry (even though his dad was there so he could have helped, it was at a bar), hasn't shown up for one practice, hasn't paid for what we agreed (if you didn't sell your raffle tickets you pitched in 80$ for your jersey and player's card... BUUUTT they still want me to order him a jersey.
Things sound good in theory til something else comes up, or there's work involved.

April 30th, 2014, 05:44 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Long story short, about the move. My MIL passed away in the end of 2011, and we decided to take over her mortgage/house. Everything was left to DH, so we went through the paperwork with the bank. Got to the end of it, and they cancelled on us because they decided we had to do probate (when previously they said we didn't). Grandfather in law is the executor, and he REFUSED to do the probate. We just kept paying the payments for the next year, but they'd never discuss the account since it wasn't ours. Then they raised the payments without telling us, so we found out way later that we'd been making incomplete payments, so we paid a bunch of extra to catch up with our taxes last year, then in Sept '13 they refused to take our payments, and said they were foreclosing. Grandfather in law still refused to do the probate, or pass the executor powers off to us so we could do it. If we had money for a lawyer, we'd have taken him to court. I finally figured out all the paperwork on my own, and we made him turn it in (STILL fighting the whole way, even though he had no lawyer fees to pay, he wouldn't sign them for almost a month). So probate filed in nov, but foreclosure final in feb... we ended up getting contacted by a "govt foreclosure agency" the bank said work with them... ended up being a scam, and we ended up losing $, and the house foreclosed anyway.

That being said, I hadn't spoken to, or seen the inlaws in over 3 months... and his grandma showed up unannounced last night, all pissed off at me for not talking to them. Told me it was water under the bridge and to get over it. Excuse me? It was your responsibility to take care of the legal crap, and you refused. It's your fault we are "homeless", I'm not about to be friendly.

But, tomorrow we are going to look at a couple houses in a small community further in the country, the one we REALLY want has an acre of land, a huge shop, and plenty of possibilities. So, we could use any prayers, crossed fingers, good thoughts that we can make this work out!

Oh, and....
UrbanMomma and HalfDozen like this.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

April 30th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Congrats

Sometimes changes are just meant to happen. We would have never moved here if things hadn't gone the way they did at the old place. Our house now is perfect pretty much now.

April 30th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Congrats on the bfp and sorry about the house. That is rotten. He must have really been going through it to treat you guys like that. And shame on the banks. In our town we have a ton of huge beautiful houses that are empty either abandoned or foreclosed. I wish there was a way to trade.

#1 got into her bfa program and got a call back for the fall musical! She is so excited and stoked. She was talking about it at work and people have started getting her graduation things I mailed so they were all telling her she was Greta, they are proud of her, even the sheriff said she was a treasure of the county and has made a good name for us. So her boss took her aside and said that's great and all but to not let it go to her head and to stay humble, don't get cocky! I love that boss!
April 30th, 2014, 10:19 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you I know, the system completely sucks here. Banks are so greedy, and don't care if they're throwing a family on the street. We have so many foreclosures here too, and then the financing on them is so weird, and they are hard to get into because of all of their limitations or requirements about everything.

I just realized how excited I am to be finishing a pregnancy in the winter, instead of being huge and dying from the heat in Aug/Sept! (2 sept babies, and one march so far). The only downside is less time to get in shape again before summer But if we get the house we want, I will be able to walk like crazy! I hate walking in the city alone, and definitely won't do it with kids.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

April 30th, 2014, 10:27 PM
I don't even have sex in December so as not to be pregnant in August/September.
April 30th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That's crappy about the house but congrats on the baby. Most of my babies were born in the summer. I was miserable no matter what time of year they were born lol

Congrats to #1 FW!

I decided to weed eat my yard today. I'd planned to break it down into sections over the next few days but kept thinking "just a little more". Yeah, well now I'm paying for it. I can't even lift me drink to my lips without my arms hurting lol, and my backs not happy with me either. Oh well I was thinking I'd finish it tomorrow.....maybe not
May 1st, 2014, 08:50 AM
2 July, 2 August, 1 September here, out of 7.5. We have cold crappy fall/winters lol

May 1st, 2014, 09:25 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Congrats, DFK!! That's exciting. At least it will give you something to look forward to, even with the move. Sorry for such a sucky situation!!

I have 2 January, 1 April, 1 August, 1 September, and now an October. I swore I wouldn't go through the summer pregnant again. Guess that's not happening. The August one was, by far, the worst. Although, with the September one, we didn't have A/C so that was pretty miserable.

FW, congrats to #1. That's great news!!

MTM, you are way better than me! I hate yard work!! My "garden" hasn't been weeded for 2 years, and since I'm pregnant, I'm pretty sure it won't be happening this year, either....

I think we might be getting the car situation all ironed out. My mother-in-law is giving her car to my oldest so that she can get a new one. Hooray! And then today, my mom asked me if I want one of their minivans after my sister is done with school in a month or 2 - for free! Hmmmm, let me think about that - YES!! It "only" has 120,000 miles on it, where mine has 225,000, and I'm pretty certain it will pass inspection, whereas mine does not. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

New picture in progress......

Last edited by HalfDozen; May 1st, 2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: remove extra spacing
May 1st, 2014, 10:00 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That's awesome half! I love when something's just work out.

So should I push through the pain and finish up one side of the yard, or be lazy? Oh and I HATE yard work also, but if I don't do it nobody does. My yard isn't great, it's 90% weeds but dang it the weeds can at least look nice lol
May 1st, 2014, 10:05 AM
I don't mind helping with yardwork. DH does most of it. I have never cut grass by myself ever.
One year we took the sawzall out there and went out and edged the sidewalk instead of renting an edger lol. Worked exactly the same! Our sidewalks are really uneven in some spots though. I wanted to get some flowers, Noah's school does a flower sale and they are really nice ones that get pretty big, but of course he 'forgot' the form so now it's too late. Guess I go to the floral place and get some pre-potted ones.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search