I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2437Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2014, 07:57 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HalfDozen, That's awesome that your MIL has a car you guys can have! I'm dreading car shopping this year. It's almost as stressful as house shopping, lol.

I do most of our yard work, since hubby has a horrible schedule (swing/graveyard... 1500-at least 0200), and last summer didn't have more than one day off a week. I don't mind mowing... but I did hate mowing the front. We had a really creepy weird family across the street (think people of walmart pictures), that would ALWAYS sit out on the porch and watch me, they'd be inside til the mower started. /shudder.

I want to make a garden, but I hate bugs, grubs, etc, dirt, haha.... but i have no issues with car grime and grease all over me... Can't tell what I am, not quite country, but not city either

We looked at a house we really really want today. Even the asking price is affordable, of course my financial backer (aka dad) will be offering lower, but as long as we get it either way... the payments are decent at the asking, and it's got a huge yard/and horse area. Loads of potential. So nervous...

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 1st, 2014, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
dfk, i hope you end up getting that house. wishing you best of luck.

well girls, as some of you know, i experienced hobby lobby today for the first time. and i survived with less that $100 spent!!!! i was proud of my restraint.

got my hair cut and highlighted today. i like it a lot. and oh yeah, my face still looks like raw hamburger still but it IS getting a tad bit better. the antibiotics/cleanser must be helping, slowly, very slowly.

~~terre~~
May 1st, 2014, 10:34 PM
Thank you! It will be perfect, the kids won't have to switch schools, we'll be close enough. So nervous though. Each one we've thought could work, ended up falling through for one reason or another. Hopefully because they were all wrong, and THIS is it.

Hobby Lobby is a dangerous store!! During my last pregnancy, I ended up going crazy on making hair flower clips... and still have enough brads/clips to make another 30, but ran out of flower pieces I'm planning to set up my sewing area again once we move to a new house, this one is too small for it, so it's all stored away, but I've been missing it.

Last edited by deaths final kiss; May 1st, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
May 2nd, 2014, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I need to look up what Hobby Lobby is.
May 2nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hobby Lobby is a crafts store, but they sell decor (my phone tried to change that to sexier) and stuff like that. I don't think we have one close to is.

Fingers crossed on the house!

MIL glad to hear your face is clearing, even if it's slowly!

I've been following a local but/sell/trade page on FB, cause I'm looking for new to me couches, and I'm amazed at...

A. What people are selling: complete junk.
B. Used couches for $500 cause they are like new. For that price I could buy new at the local furniture discount store.

Crazy if you aske me lol
UrbanMomma likes this.
May 2nd, 2014, 08:28 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My tummy hurts today

Lots of people give away free couches on CL here! lol I would never in my life sit on one of them, but they give them away!

May 2nd, 2014, 08:52 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I have been checking in a couple of times but couldnt post, so cant remember it all but congrats on the DFK!!!! and good luck with the house.

Never had pinworms either but hopefully those are gone.

Halfdozen thats great about getting the minivan and the car thing done with!

M2M I am kind of crazy about a nice lawn and yard. We do all the treatments and fertilizing for the lawn all year when we are here to keep our lawn good, we 'gave birth' to our lawn , well I actually cared for it intenstly while at the end of my pregnancy with #7 when it was put in as seedling things ..I basically watered, fed, fertilized it beacause Dh was out of the country.

So ours looks pretty good and then theres my sweet tulips so....anyhow no weeds for us anywhere but we also just are happy to look at it because its very hard to have that type of yard in Saudia...

Yesterday I made about 250 water balloons for the kids and a coupld of the neighbors kids. its been so hot that gave in and lathered them up with sunscreen and bought a bunch of water blasters soaker things and let them have some fun in the sun.

Kids had night school last night rather than tonight so am planning to something special but they dont know.
DS3 missed his last SAT so tomorrow is the re-big do day. He is planning to come back here in late summer, most likely will be staying with DS1&DS2 as they are more 'layed back' although ds3 is totall oppisite of the other older 2. Just cant wait to hug though!

MIL I never heard of hobby lobby either but hey sounds like you did well. I need to get my hair did too.
May 2nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2M that is alot for used couches, Im sure a discount retail store would have a couch for pretty close to that price new.
May 2nd, 2014, 09:10 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That was my thought. I know the discount store has them for that price, and she's been trying to get rid of them for 2 weeks, but shes firm on the price. They do look new, but they are used lol

Repti I've always gotten used, my kids are to hard on furniture, but I usually get it from friends or friends friends. Used isn't an issue, they get cleaned before they come in.

I'd love a beautiful yard. Out here people's yard are like babies, but when we moved in the yard was dying because the previous people didn't take care of it. I saved one side but the other just couldn't be helped and we've tried twice to get grass to grow over there with no luck, and since we don't own the property (lived here for 15 years though), we don't want to go broke for grass lol. So I settle for presentable and call it a day, and forget flowers. They see me coming and start crying instantly lol I am a flower killer!

I'm so excited, my MIL is buying a nice gas grill for Mothers Day. Now I won't have to heat up my house in the summer...or live off of salads lol She wants some new red roses for her front yard, so thats what she'll get. She, unlike me, has a green thumb when it comes to flowers.
AmiraX4 likes this.
May 2nd, 2014, 09:18 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I'm a flower killer, too. That's why I don't bother with the yard. The next schmucks who get our house will wonder what was wrong with us, I'm sure. I have never, ever had an interest in any kind of yard work, and neither has hubby. I think most of it, for me, is that I hate to be dirty, and I hate the heat - both of which happen out there. Yuck! I did mow the grass a couple of times last year, one of which was at about 9 o'clock at nigh in the dark.

New picture in progress......
May 2nd, 2014, 10:41 AM
oh I know there is nothing wrong with used furniture. The stuff that I see is disgusting though. I'm sure, especially at a retail place, that they clean the stuff.
What about big lots? Do you guys have those? You can get a whole new furniture set for what those people are asking for just the couch.

We don't cook inside much in the summer here either. If it ever gets to be summer that is.

May 2nd, 2014, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
amira and half dozen: remind me where you guys live (in general). i am in cali and its hot here today - i even have the a/c on !!!

~~terre~~
May 2nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
it's 51 and rainy here today again. It's been raining all week.

May 2nd, 2014, 05:06 PM
It's 80 or something like that today. I'm dying already! I miss having 4 seasons... it's pretty much too hot, to below freezing, to too hot... no real spring/fall weather anymore.

At least a few things make sense now... haha... I've been dying of heat at night for the past few weeks and dh keeps getting mad cause I kick off all our blankets, lol! My face is so broken out, and I can't keep my eyes open. I am so exhausted already, I can't imagine how you mommies with really big families can get any rest when preg/have a newborn. I swear all 3 of mine tag team me when I'm trying to sleep at night, and IF they nap, I have so much to do, I feel guilty if I lay down instead. But my oldest 2 are going to my parents for the weekend tonight... so I think I might try to nap this evening.

I love vintage furniture... but not really anything with cloth/padding, although my dad found a 60s love seat from an older lady's basement that had hardly been used that was really cool looking. But she had a cat, and it took months of cleaning/vacuuming to get every hair out of it. Achoooo! I'm super allergic to pretty much every cute and furry animal

Speaking of allergies! Have any of you with allergies noticed your kids getting the same ones? DH, and ex husband are both fine with animals, so I'm hoping that none of the kids inherit my curse... but I don't know :bitenails:

May 2nd, 2014, 06:09 PM
Kids are less likely to have allergies if they are exposed to the animals at a young age. That doesn't seem practical for you though.

May 2nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
DFK I'm in Idaho and we are on the same weather pattern, it's so hot! Thankfully we'll cool back down. The heat was to much to fast..yuck.

None of us have allergies, but like Repti said science is saying the earlier the exposure the less likely there is to be allergies.
May 2nd, 2014, 07:38 PM
That's the weird thing, I'd had cats since I was born, followed shortly by rabbits and dogs. Allergies started when I was about 7 or so, but weren't severe, couldn't figure it out, then a couple years later we realized it was the cats. Now it's everything... just gotten worse over the years. Everything, except ferrets DH and I got one a few years ago, but ended up giving him to my boys' dad after #3 was born, because he had more time/space for him, and the boys still got to keep him. I had considered the shot series... but... I don't want animals that badly. No more shots for me, thank you! lol

May 3rd, 2014, 12:52 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL2lissy8 View Post
amira and half dozen: remind me where you guys live (in general). i am in cali and its hot here today - i even have the a/c on !!!
I'm in NH. You won't find me ANYWHERE that has a long warm season. I seriously loathe summer. The heat literally makes me ill....

Hubby told us he'd take us all out for ice cream. Can't wait!! Not that I need it, but who can turn away ice cream?

New picture in progress......
May 3rd, 2014, 03:14 PM
Wow - thats a lot of information in one place - this is the coolest thing!
May 3rd, 2014, 03:56 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hello, hope it cools down for you all. Its chilly and rain here. I wish it would warm up!!!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search