I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2160Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2014, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think we have officially hit cold weather this week here. Hopefully you guys get a nicer summer than the one we just had.

No animal allergies here either. Good thing as we have so many cats.

Got an interesting letter from my 12yr old's school. Apparently she has enquired about applying to one of the state's selective schools for year 10 (she's currently in year 7) she wants to apply to the science school that is linked to one of the major universities. The letter was from the principal, stating that both her math and science teachers think she is capable of sitting the multiple selection exams.
We're thrown off because she hasn't said anything to us about this. We asked her about it and she produced a pile of brochures from her room for the school and started telling us about how she can study marine biology and biomedicine and is pretty much guaranteed entry to the science program at the linked university.
Of course we will support this, and we believe she is capable and that she is finding math and science too easy at school, but you would think that she would have said something to us before now.
We had a talk about what the reality of it would be, a 1.5 hour commute each way on public transport, that she will have hours of homework, so there won't be much in the way of freedom and if time becomes an issue she may have to give up horse riding, but that didn't sem to phase her.
She wont sit exams for another 2 years, but she seems dedicated to the idea.
MIL2lissy8 and HalfDozen like this.
May 3rd, 2014, 06:23 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's some ambition. Congrats!

It is so cool here it is crazy. It is usually 85-90 by now! I was shivering outside talking with the neighbors about the road. These storms have cut huge rivets in it. The road guy came and gave us an estimate. It was really high.
May 4th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amira how old are you? I assume 40s (or very close to it) I just noticed that your oldest is in their 20's. Do you think you'll have any more babies?

I'm so sick of cold weather. It was 60 yesterday and now barely 50 today again. I want it to be 80.

May 4th, 2014, 09:45 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Repti yes I am. I just had my birthday and my oldest will be turning 24 in a few months! I am not not sure about more babies. I am done but DH is not. I feel my body wont take another pregnancy. I have to many back and neck problems and now my hip and this and that blah blah blah..loool

This whole having another baby has been a crazy subject for my last couple of pregnancies and I really have learned that the more I say ..." Nope no more babies, not gonna be pregnant again"....I get pregnant again...loool...

ooooh sorry forgot ...I just turned 42.
May 5th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Well, as much as it takes a toll on your body, you can always regret not having another baby, but you will never regret a baby once they exist.

Maybe it's silly, but I feel it more being 30 than I did when I was 20. I am so much more sleepy. ORRR maybe it's because I have 7 kids vs 2 or 3.
HalfDozen likes this.

May 5th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's not silly. Wait it til you are 40. It's brutal. And I feel like I'm never back to physically strong. My back is awful, my abs are awful. I pee if i wait too long! I have wondered if women with no children feel this way too. Pregnancy is hard on a body. But I would do it again. But I'm not doing it again.
May 5th, 2014, 07:09 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I think my last few pregnancies have been easier than my first ones. My pg with Evaani was easy breezy. This one is pretty much the same.

So I stopped at the grocery store this morning after I got off work. So I am in my work clothes, sweat pants, tank top, tee shirt, sweatshirt. I am dirty. Which really has nothing to do with this story...LOL. Anyway, I am walking through the parking lot which is fairly empty and as I pass in front of this black truck it starts to pull out of the spot and I had to kinda hop out of the way. So I barely shake my head, to myself, and the woman driving rolls down her window and yells, "You didn't have to shake your head, I saw your big ***, couldn't miss it."

So yeah, lucky me that I am apparently so huge that she didn't run me over.
#12 is on the way
May 5th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We're the same age!

I had an easy first preg, as you guys know everyone after that was horrible.

UM that's funny. I'm fairly certain depending on the day I'd have either been horribly offended or I'd of busted out laughing!

Not much going on here.
May 5th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Feeling like I have been lately I would have yelled something back. Yesterday was so bad I made all the kids come in the house and I just drove around for like an hour. There's not very many places to drive around here lol
I saw a dude and his kid walking with two dogs. The man kept pulling on one leash really hard and the kid hit one with this big stick he had with him. They're lucky I didn't see them after I came out of the gas station. I told DH that one of these days someone's going to make me snap and I'm going to catch a felony.

Made guac, but there was no chips left but regular potato chips so I'm eating it with taco shells lol
Armychic32 likes this.

May 5th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I laughed at her, then having pg hormones, I was mad as hell, then felt like crying. I am like ****, I am not even big, I was walking through the grocery store feeling like a supermodel compared to some of the people in there.

I am, I think, average sized. I can wear a 12 or 14 depending on the brand.

It amazes me the way people are. She **** near hit me, then felt like she could cuss me out for her being a dumb ***. Everyday people make me more and more sure that I hate people.

Repti, I am having mad mood swings too, spent all day yesterday mad because dh forgot I wanted to go get mulch at Home Depot and built his shed instead.
Armychic32 likes this.
#12 is on the way
May 5th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I walk as slowly as possible in walmart parking lots especially. People drive like idiots there.

May 5th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's like this weird mindset of "If I drive as fast as possible I will catch the open car space"

I heard once that you are more likely to get a spot if you stay in one place, as opposed to driving all round. It works.
May 5th, 2014, 01:27 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Repti ....like FW said...wait till your 40 lool...no but seriously what you said is really right on. The regrets and the thankfullness of no baby vs baby with hardship.

UM glad you didnt get hit but what a jerk she was for even rollling down the window! what ever happened to pedistrians have the right away?

So we are in the middle of our fence being built. 6 ft. waiting for the concrete to dry so the rest can be put up. and we are putting up our hanging baskets...and I thought maybe about doing my own so I can load them up with lots and extra flowers and lots of different colors...welll....the lady at home depot said...its gonna be spendy because I dont have most of the stuff I need plus the flowers that are like 4-5 $'s each..

I want to be a green thumb but...naww nope , not gonna happen..thank god for employees at home depot. lool..
May 5th, 2014, 02:05 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we enjoyed our pool again yesterday -- even i got in this time. i also got glow-in-the-dark paint and sprayed several large boulders on the slope behind the pool in an effort to have a little light at darktime. dont know how it worked becuase we left for dinner and when i got home i went straight to bed out of sheer exhaustion.

i have been hanging more decor around here. i am so trying to make it feel like home to me. i am considering pulling all the ground cover out of the flower bed in the front and planting new plants that i like. but its not my house and i dont know how that would go over.

laundry is half-done, its almost time to get wyatt and it appears that i am having the twins here for a while this afternoon. thats ok tho- my son #1 is driving son #2 to los angeles international airport during rush hour traffic for me since i dont see well after dark. having my babies is so worth not having to make that drive!!!!

laundry alarm is calling me.....and oh, my face is showing improvement after 1 week on antibiotics. not gone yet but getting better. thank the Lord!!!!

~~terre~~
May 5th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I always make my own hanging baskets. A lot cheaper. I save the baskets so I have a stockpile in my garage, dirt is cheap (LOL) and then I buy flats of flowers.

MIL, glad you are feeling better on the rx.
AmiraX4 likes this.
#12 is on the way
May 5th, 2014, 05:18 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
I'd have gone off on her!! (and then been so flustered I would have cried in my car, lol).

Really nervous, my dad is talking to the realtor tonight about putting an offer on the house. (being a sahm, I have no credit score, and hubby's got screwed up forever ago, so we can't qualify for our own home loan). Hoping this works out, otherwise we have no choice but an apt til something else shows up...
mom2many2010 likes this.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 5th, 2014, 05:58 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Hope it works ou tfor you DFK

UM that is smart. I dont have any other hanging baskets empty but will think about saving them and just reusing them..but dirt for us here is not very cheap or maybe because it has that super grow stuff in it??? But not sure where I would find a 'flat' ? of flowers? do you recommend any good colorful bright flowers? also some that would hang off too??

Just got the 3 older kids off to night school so now I too have some laundry to fold and wash then fold..lool..

MIL thats great that your face is clearing up!

So I have been doing 'at home facials' . I bought some Roc and oil of olay regenerist products and then the whole oil of olay germa brasion kit thing. I have to tell ya that it really is going good. I really dont have much of saggy skin or wrinkles anyways( thankfull) I am very careful with the sun and dont drink or smoke so that helps. But the crows feet...they are almost not there now.

The final thing I got recently was the regenerist filler. Wow ...it really works and seriously...like botox but you can move your face..lool. My skin looks like airbrushed smooth. Please dont take this post wrong as in ..Im trying to brag about good skin.( for sure I could use a complete facelift or face transplant)..NO no NO...I just mean that if anyone of you are or have thought what works or not..like I did...well just trying to let you know that I am having really good results with those 2 products.

I do use Dea Sea product for cleansing and for my mask. What do you ladies use? Do any of you use eggs?
May 5th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't use anything. I'm a big believer in the best thing for your skin is a glass of water.
Armychic32 likes this.
May 6th, 2014, 06:12 AM
I have been having horrible mood swings lately! I would love to give everyone a piece of my mind, but I end up biting my tongue. My dd- 8, likes to keep me in check with my "bad words" as she calls them! I feel like I'm going to explode, though.

I am a ticking time bomb!

Have a great day ladies!
May 6th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Armychic sorry to hear that.

Good luck DFK! Any news this morning?

I don't use anything but soap and water but have been thinking about it. I don't have wrinkles, but I am getting that saggy skin and bags under my eyes...oh the bags! I personal good reviews so I'll have to look into it

It is so cold and windy today, we went from roasting our arse's off to, to freezing them off. Spring time around here drives me crazy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search