I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2119Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2014, 08:07 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
amira, i appreciate the review. i have used olay moisturizer for a log time. after this little face incident, i plan to talk to the dermatologist and ask her what to do and that will be my new plan.

its gray and cold here, rainy over night and called for today. realize that i was in the pool two days ago!!! i am thrilled with cooler weather -- all the house windows are open.

off to pick up my carpet cleaner today -- its supposed to be in good working order now and not a moment too son for me!

the maintanance man was here yesterday. he did a very poor job of covering the opening above the microwave/oven. it took him quite a time to hang a fan. today he is supposed to paint, hang a curtain rod and replace the master bedroom door, the last of which i am betting wont happen. i tell ya, i am chomping at the bit wanting to 'do' things around here (paint, repair, replant etc)....i have to keep telling myself that 'its not my house'.....

~~terre~~
May 6th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't feel good at all today. We went out to our normal monday place but I had pizza instead, and I had a summer shandy, and the acid totally ate my stomach to pieces last night.

DH and the people we were with did that cold water challenge, and DH nominated our friends (you remember the one who is always miserable, and now uses the baby for every excuse under the sun...) she made a big deal out of it saying she's sorry she doesn't "drink the kool-aid" and that she has better things to do than donate money too, like her own kids and groceries. I'll remember that when her kid gets cancer and I have no compassion. I have my own **** to do you know.. DH un-friended her on fb because of it. I'm not sure she even noticed.

May 6th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does anyone ever have times when they want to send all the kids back and just curl up in a ball and say this is too complicated and sleep for a year?

I use baking soda to wash my face. I washed out an empty Parmesan cheese container and filled that with baking soda. I pour out a little in my hand and scrub.

Going to #1's graduation from jr college tonight. Her boyfriend decided to not walk so he is giving me his extra tickets. So now everyone can go.
May 6th, 2014, 10:11 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Finally made an appointment to see the midwife, next week, Thursday. I'll be almost 16 weeks.
MIL2lissy8 and HalfDozen like this.
#12 is on the way
May 6th, 2014, 03:42 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
^ exciting!

No news yet I decided last night though, that I'm going to pack as if we are getting the house.... If we end up in an apt, have to unpack all and repack half of it. I had been putting it off until we knew where we were going, but finally gave up since we only have 3 weeks.

Ikwym, I'm so tired and on edge, feels like I'm going to implode at any second.

I need to find something that works for my face, granted preg hormones are the cause, but I break out more than I did as a teen.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 6th, 2014, 07:59 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ive heard of baking soda for teeth but what does it do for your face?

Glad things worked out for the graduation tonight.

MIL just wondering how the glow in the dark rocks that you painted for light worked out?

Sheesh I am loving the berry season right now...We love fresh berries! eating them for breakfast lunch and dinner and snacks.lool

good luck iwth your appt UM<

So Dh bought a 2012 toyota prius hybrid car. It has 3900 miles on it and is 4 doors. I drove it today with 3 of my kids and that is WEIRD!!
So strange being that low to ground and so small..I loved parking though. The car litterally shuts off when you stop. Cant wait till DH installs the rear camera for backing up but its going to take time to get used to that! lool...just glad we are back to having the 2nd car.

DFK I couldnt imagine being couped up in an appt either but there are some 4 bedroom appts townhouse that have 2 floors so your not so crammed into a tight place?? I really hope the house go through for you!!

Missed the The Little Couple on TLC tonight..I love that couple. They are so sweet and the love they have of being 'parents' just ooozes through the television. Great family.
May 6th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Oh there are definitely apts/rentals that are big enough... but even the 3bd apts run about 300+ more than our mortgage was, simply can't afford it. Most of the 2bd are more than our mortgage as well. I'm still hoping for this house to work out... but it sucks not being able to be the one doing the offer and papers and making sure it happens.

Why do toddlers pick the WORST times to decide they will no longer nap, or go to bed? DD has been a terror this past week, I wish I knew what she was thinking. DH jokes that she knows she's not gonna be the youngest anymore so she's pissed at me, lol.

May 7th, 2014, 07:25 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Not a ton new here. My mom is visiting now for a week so that is keeping us on our toes. LOL!

MIL, my face is getting very slowly but surely better, I think. Some days are definitely better than others. I thought it looked pretty good the other day, but then last night it was all splotchy again.

DFK, I sure hope the house works out! Such a pain moving, especially with kids! My sister is looking right now, too, and the market is really tight where they are.

Amira, how is the beautying up going? Like I said before, no yard work for me. We have a nice house with an ugly yard because we're so bad about it. LOL!

UM, exciting for the appointment. My 16-week is next week, too.

FW, I have NO idea what you're talking about sending the kids back. Who ever has days like that? LOL!!

Repti, hope you're feeling better. I want pizza so bad!! It's definitely one of my favorites, but living in the middle of nowhere, we hardly ever have it. I bet it's been several weeks.

May 7th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's probably a good thing we don't have access to pizza delivery where I live. I could eat it everyday and be a happy camper. I'm also a little weird cause I like the cheap ones like Little Caesars. We get it at least twice a month, every payday, since it's right next door to where I shop.

MIL glad the face is getting better, even if it is slowly.

DFK good luck. House out here can be found for pretty cheap. The older ones run for reasonable prices, the newer ones are probably comparable to most other places. My DD has a 3 bedroom for $600 and a nice sized yard, and that includes the extra pet fee.

Megan did my nails, I haven't had fake ones since I was in my 20's, it's taking some getting used to lol
May 7th, 2014, 08:20 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Havent had long, let alone fake nails since like 2000! lool

Fence still isnt done!

Enjoy your visit with your mom!

Going to have a bowl of water melon for breakfast.
May 7th, 2014, 09:22 AM
I get my nails done when I can afford it. I can't right now, so I'm slowly picking them off four left.

We have lots of pizza places. I like the $5 pizza too, but we have a local place that has fresh made pizza for $5 so we usually go there instead.

Just so you all know I can't ever do anything right. Being friends with someone for years and doing everything for them and never asking for anything in return makes you a bad person too. *rolleyes*

May 7th, 2014, 09:51 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
beth: quit trying so hard. we love you here...i know that probably doesn't help but i am a similar type as you. i give and give and yet i feel like its all my responsibility for the friendship.

Half Dozen: what did the dr give you for a diagnosis on your face? i so wish i could remember what mine told me. and you are right, it was getting better then yesterday i got several icky spots.

as for nails -- i got them in 1991 and i have never stopped wearing them. they are my one personal luxury. i don't count haircuts as a luxury, btw, they are a necessity! i feel ugly without nails; not that nails make me feel pretty by any means but at least i feel like a woman when i have nice nails.

UM - so will we be learning the gender of this baby soon?

mari - how many weeks are you, girl?

oh and about pizza. i love it, especially the fat crust on the edge. BUT its usually not gluten free so i rarely eat it. but i want it a lot.

waiting for the maintenance guy, pedro, to get here. he is supposed to be giving us a new bedroom door and re-painting several walls downstairs. then, i have to meet my recently widowed friend and help her get a new cell phone. should be 'fun'.

~~terre~~
May 7th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I read back a little so I'm somewhat caught up. I'm back, I had a great time seeing my family and cousins (and meeting the last 2 I had never met) and friends, a couple weddings, many miles and lots of fun and now it's great to be back.

It's my mom and dad's 45th wedding anniversary today!
May 7th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I used to do my own nails, but when we moved up here I was out of product and couldn't fine anywhere local to do them. Then add in the fact that we were broke, like the husband ran out of gas going to work broke, and it wasn't a possibility. Over the years I just haven't bothered. I did have to already repair a nail Megan did, but I'm thining I'm going to keep them and just touch them up myself. I love the new gel nails...so much easier then acrylics lol

Glad you have fun #5.

repti it sounds like you are good friend who has a bad friend. That is not your problem or your fault.
May 7th, 2014, 01:40 PM
How much does it cost for nails by you? It's $40 for the gel, 35 for a fill. The gel is pink/white the other ones are just clear then they spray on the white tips, I like the pink better it looks better when it grows out.
I LIKE to have my nails done, otherwise I bite them, and they are so thin they just peel right off, but sometimes $40 is a lot of money.

It's this same couple with the ******* kid. Oh, excuse me, foster kid that actually is the responsibility of grandma, but they take all the credit for.. Anyway, besides being a big douche about the cold water challenge thing, we happened to go to the same place as them last week. We went for a walk around 6:30 did our normal walk, all the way down harbor side, all the way down south pier, around Blue Harbor (our water park that sits next to the beach that has it's own path) then up the back side of the pier shops. Stopped at Angler's because I wanted pretzle sticks. So she's telling everyone that I follow her because we ended up there? Seriously? Am I not supposed to go anywhere we normally go because you want to flatter yourself? I don't ever do ANYTHING wrong. Like seriously I just don't. I don't spread rumors about anyone in person. I talk here and to my husband, the way it should be. DH just fixed their vehicle for free (minus what was an emergency and they actually brought it into his work, but that wasn't his choice to charge obviously). The past few weeks that they came over I've bought ALL the food for everyone, I don't know why she has to be so **** negative all the time. I'm tired of trying honestly. So now I just don't say much of anything. Oh, and I posted about our plans on Friday (I want to go here: Neapolitan Pizza | Harry’s Prohibition Bistro | Sheboygan Italian Food and Pizza Restaurant Since DH got 90 hours on his first full paycheck ) so that she was warned ahead of time, and I'm not stalking her lmao.

May 7th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I think that's about what they are out here, unless you go to one of the beauty schools. I learned acrylics when they were formed, no tips, I was **** good (tooting my own horn lol). Megan showed me how to do acrylics and I again rock! Made her mad that I was better at it

As for the people, screw them!!!!!!'n
May 7th, 2014, 02:46 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
as for the "friend"...what comes around goes around and big mouths always swallow their own tongues.

Talk smack and you get smacked!

Whenever you do good, it eventually comes back to you. Dont let her words or ways, weigh down your days. Your a good person, she will know her loss one day. Chin up!
May 7th, 2014, 08:50 PM
m2m, rental houses here (small, older ones...) are closer to 1k, and so far the cheapest 2bd apt we've found is 675 (pretty far into the city too, the ones on the edge of town closer to us are 800+ for a 2bd), the 3bd are 900 minimum. Our mortgage was only 600! The rentals here are horrendous for price, and houses are so hard to get into, something always falls through, inspector, assessor, bank saying no to the loan, etc.

From what I gathered talking to the realtor this evening, they are going to write up an official offer, and see where it goes from there. Worried that the assessor could turn down a loan though, because she wants more than it's valued... and then we'd be back to square 1 (or square zero as it feels more like).

I've always done my own nails, but these past few years, I've noticed polish doesn't hold up at all, and I have chips within a day, even with the good brands. I've never had fake nails though, not sure if paint sticks better to the acrylics or not? I've always wanted a gel polish system, but they're so expensive... it's not practical.

May 8th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Repti, I cracked up laughing at you 'stalking' her. Yeah, okay. That place you are going for dinner looks good, post me a walnut pizza please

I've never had my nails done, but if I did it would be pretty pointless anyway, I can't imagine they would go to well with my job. I bite mine down to nothing, bad habit.

#5, congrats to your parents. My in-laws are coming up to their 50th anniversary towards the end of this year, we're trying to talk them into having a big party.

DFK, rental prices here are horrendous too, nothing goes for less than $1000, and for that cost you are living in a shack, but then our mortgages are equally as horrendous. ****** if you do, ****** if you don't.

Went to the shops with my SIL today, to a place I haven't been in years, they have built this huge 'magic garden' playground inside the shopping centre, free of charge to use. It's amazing, there's big insects to climb on, a tree with a slide coming out of it, puzzles on the walls, just sitting in front of Target, free to use. Her 9 month old had a ball crawling over the 'pebbles'. I wish that was there when mine were younger. I'm kind of jealous on their behalf.
May 8th, 2014, 05:10 AM
I'm afraid to try the walnut pizza. I usually get the corn. It's REALLY good.
She unfriended ME on FB today. Part of me wants to not care, part of me wants to just hide in the house all day because I'm sure now somehow I'M the laughing stock of everyone we mutually know.

I told the FB world about the baby last night, was going to tell my mom in person, but 30 minutes later when we were in bed she texts me lol word spreads too fast.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search