I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2509Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2014, 07:34 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
MIL, the derm told me it was perioral dermatitis. I have antibiotics and a clindamycin for my face because they were both class B, which is safe during pregnancy. She would have rather prescribed doxycycline, which would have only been 1 med then, but I can't take it during pregnancy. I'm debating whether I should try to get in when I go to the midwife next week, or if I just need to give it more time.

Repti, sorry about the "friend". At least the new baby is no longer a secret. It's nice to get that out of the way.

I'm thinking we might get Little Caesar's tonight since we'll be out for #1's softball game anyhow. It's cheap, I like it, and my favorite is actually the crazy bread! Yum!!

I LOVE getting my nails done. It's my "feel-good", but we've been more broke than usual so I didn't get them done recently and just peeled them all off last week. Here, I go to the Vietnamese places. I think a full set is $30-40, depending where you go. Fills are $20, and any designs are extra. I know French is more, too. That's for acrylics, though. My nails don't grow on their own, and they're thin. It is a luxury, but hubby spends all kinds of money on various crap. I think $40 per month on me is really no big deal, but even at that, I don't do it as often as I would like.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

New picture in progress......
May 8th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
sorry about your "friend" acting that way Repti.

No nails for me, they feel heavy on my fingers and I already have my hair as my thing, so I can't justify the $. Love the way they look though.

I need to stop thinking about all the things that are happening and need to happen, it's overwhelming, there's a lot until the end of school. One day at a time.
May 8th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just stick stuff in your phone calendar and only plan for the next day and that's it.

Jayde has another eye appointment today. She had one last week, but she said the letters still looked fuzzy even when it was at what "should" be the prescription she needs. I hope she does better this time. I don't know if she just wasn't cooperating or what. Doc said he might dilate her eyes today too we'll see.
I still have to fill out all these folders for the low income dentist too. Suppose I should get that done so there's not TOO long of a waiting list for Sydney.

May 8th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing too exciting here today. Just math and chores. But tomorrow we go to the beach. My friend that I don't really like too much has a rich friend who let's her stay at her beach mansion one week a year in exchange for handy work her husband does. So I invited myself down for the day. It is about a 3 hour drive. I love it there but I hate driving home after a long day at the beach without a shower. So I'm going to take a shower at her beach mansion. My kids and her kids are good friends. I love her two oldest kids, she has 6. But I really don't like her. I'm such a scum bag moocher.

Last edited by Farmers-wife; May 8th, 2014 at 06:28 PM.
May 8th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ohh...a beach trip sounds nice. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive for us to get to the beach. I keep trying to get my nerve up to take the kids. It would be a day trip, and like you said, it is a long drive home after all that.
May 8th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
clouise -- it is ocean city that you would go to? i loved it when i visisted there with my bff. she has a house and a condo down there. i might have to fly out for a visit this summer!!!

ladies doing the gel nails -- it has been all over the news here lately that the UV light that cures the gel or gel polish leads to skin cancer. that said, i still do it but not without thought every time i do that i might be sorry one day. i am considering getting gloves and cutting the fingertips off so i can protect my hands a bit.

HD - yes i an doxycycline.

i had such a headache yesterday that i dozed in the recliner during the afternoon while pedro was here painting, then at about 6pm i took a muscle relaxer, hit the heating pad and knocked out for the night......only to wake up to another bad headache. right this second it is bearable, thus i am on here. i am beginning to wonder if there is something in this house that is triggering these.

~~terre~~
May 8th, 2014, 11:44 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I used to have nails, they were long, I had them hand painted with designs by this Asian guy named "Henry." Ohhh I loved them. However, working at UPS, loading trucks I would break them all to heck. So no nails.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 8th, 2014, 12:23 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
A day at the beach does sound great, but staying at 'beach mansion' sounds even better ... Fw what do you use the baking soda for on your face? I love using natural products but so far besides the egg, oatmeal, honey ect I dont know about others.

Still wondering about that glow in the dark paint on the rocks? If that works that would be an awesome way to make a trail at night or something for the kids....

All the talk about pizza lately inspired me to make some pizza. Thats dinner tonight here.
Have a friend coming over later this afternoon and because Im not in the 'baking' mood im making chocolate chip cookies, making a special to go bag for her kids.
May 8th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The beach sounds amazing!

Pizza for dinner..yummy, and I didn't have to cook!

MIL hope you feel better!

I went to the laundromat since I was to lazy to run up and down my stairs all day. While there we walked to my favorite pawn shop and I bought myself a 'new' laptop, and it's pink LMBO! I paid $100, it's a Vaio and I'm gonna take it in and have it's system upgraded fro around a $100. So a $500+ computer for $200 in the end. It works great, as is, but I want to do my photo editing on it, and it has to be upgraded before I can put my software on it. I love when I find good deals!
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.
May 8th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just use it as a scrub. Pour some in my hand, spread it on, scrub around for fun, then rinse. I don't use any other soaps or cleansers or astringents. I will tell you why later, but I have to go now.
May 8th, 2014, 04:49 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cy: I know! I've got friends over there that were telling me the cheap houses are about 400k

Repti: I had a "friend" like that. I've never been in a good place financially, but I did everything I could to help her when they were having a new baby, and in a worse place than us. Then her husband went states away for a job, so I'd drive for 3 hours one way to visit her almost every week... Then we finally lived in the same city again, and her kids were my kids' only friends, and I was going through my divorce, and she said we had nothing in common, we never had, and she had just been pretending... I was crushed. She didn't defriend me for a couple years after that, but I laughed when she did. Whatever. /smh

Ooh, beach! I'm dying to get away from people and go to the middle of nowhere... Hubby's family has a tiny cabin on a lake in the middle of nowhere, that we get to go out to occasionally... planning to go during the 4th of july weekend, since we'd actually be able to be there for more than a few hours.

Looking around at all the piles of stuff, and all the boxes, getting completely overwhelmed... I want to go to sleep until this is all over with. Oh! But I had some good news today, I've been stressing about my pap, since the one I had last year was abnormal, my results were normal this time!
#5in2005 and MIL2lissy8 like this.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 8th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am so tired!!!!!!!! going upstairs now.....

~~terre~~
May 8th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Well... I was waiting for this one... Tonight while getting the boys ready for bed my oldest said "Mom, you look like you're pregnant again, you used to be skinny..." and when I was preg with DD and he was 6 he said "Mom, why are you so fat?? Is my baby sister in there?"

Both times were at about 6 weeks along (I'll find out at my u/s monday how far this time, but we're thinking about 6 weeks) And both boys placed bets on what we're having. Oldest says another girl, and his brother said it's a boy. (Hoping my oldest is right again, lol)

May 9th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Yeah it's pretty much over and done with. There are other, better, friends.

I have a stuffy nose! Not-a fair!

I might need a nap today, we were up waaaaay too late last night. Like 10 :30 lol Stayed at Rob's softball practice til after dark, then we watched a little of the draft.

May 9th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i guess my email got hacked. such losers!!!

~~terre~~
May 9th, 2014, 01:08 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
M2M wow that is great! I need that kind of a find like right now ,

DeathFK Some people would say aawwwee that stinks to be showing at 6 weeks, but in my mind I would be jumping up and down because that means your in pretty darn good shape and that is totally what i am not!

So my Dd2 has been asking for 'peanut butter on a spoon'!! weird child o mine! but she doesnt eat bread very well ..it seems to always get stuck up on in the rim of your mouth.

Doc appt went well this am. am scheduled for another steriod shot for my bursitis...yah cant wait.
May 9th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Then you can start pumping up Amira! LOL

I am definitely not in that kind of shape either. I feel a little more fluffy some days, but I know it's just extra water.

Did my household shopping, cleaned the house, cleaned out the freezers and packed up a bag of stuff to give away for free to whoever wants it. Have to pick up the kids in about an hour, and I want to go to bath and body yet, maybe.

May 9th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always showed early, I used to hate it because people would always comment "Oh, you're putting on weight? That's good, you need to put on a bit".
Yep, thanks.
deaths final kiss likes this.
May 9th, 2014, 04:26 PM
^ oh no! Me too, during my first pregnancy, I was working as a barista at a college. Our shirts were huge on me anyway, and I wore an apron, so the belly was well hidden. One of my regulars had been out a quarter, so I was about 4mo along when he came back (Sweet, old guy), and he asked if I was gaining weight, he could see it in my face. I cried for the rest of the day, and every time I looked in the mirror (the entire back wall of my station) I just saw chipmunk cheeks

MIL2, I HATE that! It's thankfully been a while since I've had any of mine hacked.

It's nice, showing helps make it feel more real until I can actually feel the movements, it just makes hiding it from people a lot more difficult before I'm ready to share the news. Hopefully the boys can remember to keep quiet til I give them the okay to share it. When DS guessed last time, I just told him mommy must have eaten too many cookies, and he bought it until we told them around 20 weeks ... but since they're both older this time, I just told them straight up, and explained why I waited to tell them before (in case the baby was "sick and didn't grow right"), and that was why we had to wait to tell everyone else.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, but can't wait for the u/s on Monday :bitenails:

ETA: And why is it, if you're thin, people feel they're at liberty to tell you to gain weight all the time?? If I said the same to someone about losing weight, I'd have an angry mob attacking me. If you want it one way, you've got to let it go the other way too... /smh

Last edited by deaths final kiss; May 9th, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
May 9th, 2014, 06:48 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I wouldnt mind 'pumping up' Repti but the only thing stopping me is my friggin back and hip ect lool..actually I use to and sometimes do (but light version) is callinetics sp? They tone the muscles and shape them and dont make you bulky like heavy lifting of weights do.

Ya for sure you going to get a much different response when saying something like, " gosh your so skinny" vs " gosh your really heavy" in a crowd...and I totally agree, when talking about a person being overweight its a lot more sensitive subject usually but it shouldnt.

What happens when your email gets hacked? and how do you know if it does get hacked? I dont really ever use email so for me it wouldnt be a problem but it would be weird knowing that someone wanted to read my junk mail.

The toyota prius we just got does not use a key at all, so I drove it today for my appt. come home park it. Dh leaves about 2 1/2 hrs later but comes back in a says I didnt shut it off!!! lool ...it was sitting there ON the whole time. lool..well I know I pushed the power button off but did hear some beeps...but theres no sound when its stopped anyways so Im not sure how your suppose to know if it is powered off...I have a bad feeling about this car and I . lool

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search