I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2072Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nap time is over. Time for bed. Got #1 set up for the night with instructions to her sisters for what to do. I said if anything comes up they can't handle, come get me. But try not to come get me. #1's boyfriend came over tonight to see her. He really is cute and sweet.

I made some really good baked chicken fajitas I found on Pinterest for dinner tonight. They turned out super yummy.
March 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just wanted to share......my granddaughter josie and me at wyatt's ball game tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

~~terre~~
March 13th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hahaha Kailyn just said "Mom my other eye is broken" I look over and she is still asleep. She'll be awake soon, she always sleep talks right before she wakes up.

Terre, you look beautiful and Josie is a cutie!

FW I hope they left you alone.....

I woke up with me knee killing me and I have no clue why?
March 13th, 2013, 06:48 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Counting, I find your anxiety completely normal. I'm only on 5, but I think I get more nervous as each delivery approaches. I'm at 36 weeks today and go this afternoon for my appointment. My sister, who is due 3 days after me, found out yesterday that she's being induced at just over 37 weeks because she's been having blood pressure issues since about the 26th or 28th week. Knowing how close she is really puts it in perspective for me, but I just keep telling people I can't talk about it too much. I find that if I ignore it and focus on other things, my anxiety goes away.

Sarah, that was rude! Unfortunately, I think we've all had our share of rude comments. Most of them seem to come from family, in my case. I agree that those at church should be the most understanding of large families, but that doesn't always seem to be the case. I think that most people make comments in an attempt to keep the conversation going or because they think they're funny. They don't realize how it comes off to us hormonal pregos! My worst so far has been a lady at work who is a couple of years older than me and had 1 child. When she told her husband we were having a 5th, he said I don't want you hanging around with her - she's crazy! I've met him, and he's a jack*** so I consider the source, but still rude!!

To add a little levity, here's the kind of things that come out of my hubby's mouth. I was venting the other night (as I have on several occasions) that we don't really have any little boy clothes. The response I got was "Stop it! We surely have enough bisexual clothes from the last time. Besides, he doesn't need anything besides pajamas." I quickly let him know that they are GENDER-NEUTRAL, not bisexual, and we do not have nearly as many as he thinks. And, at some point, we're going to want to leave the house, and a couple of little boy outfits might be nice. Men!!!

March 13th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Bisexual LMBO!!!
March 13th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Very untactful on your dh's account, but very typical "guy". I am really glad you cleared up the difference between gender neutral and bisexual for him. It makes me lol a little.

Hope your knee stops hurting once you get moving around.

The picture didn't open for me

COB, I know you will do just great when the birth comes, and maybe it's not all bad. With my #3 my dr told me afterwards that my cervix didn't look ready for birth at all, I was induced when I started having some bleeding at 40w5d, and I had her 4 hrs later. With my #5 I was 2 cm for weeks, and went in to the induction thinking I was going to pop this baby out in no time, I was an old pro after all. It took WAY longer and it was truely awful but I think that partly had to do between the contrast of what I was expecting and what actually happened.

I am going to buy a new dishwasher today, and go to my course and tonight I'm going to a concert with another couple. They gave us baseboards and a bunch of other stuff for our house, and didn't want to get paid, so instead we're doing something fun.

I did get all my laundry folded and put away.

Have a great day everyone.
March 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Time to go get party stuff for Canaan! His first bday party is Sunday! He will be ONE on Tuesday!!!
#12 is on the way
March 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy cow ladies!! I missed EVERYTHING!!! lol

I've just been busy baking, working out, low carbing my meals, and chasing kids. Oh and I had a pampered chef party and I might become a consultant next month.

Just going to wave *waves* and hope all of you are having a great day!!

to the ladies who are expecting to deliver soon, prayers for speedy and safe deliveries.

March 13th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe Canaan is turning one already!!

Ok, this is my one and only allotted time to check in here today. So if you see me lurking around...slap my hand!
March 13th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You ladies are fast!
Thanks for the encouraging delivery words, I try and not think about it. My hubby keeps promising he'll carrry and deliver the next one. I'm still waiting

Have a great day!

March 13th, 2013, 09:38 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
pic. wouldn't work for me either
happy bday i cant believe it's been a year.
bisexual clothes

went to ds2s dr seuss musical today, it was super cute
I have a conflict tomorrow night, I'm not sure how to handle.
6:45 ds2 has scouts. they are supposed to be prepping for the pinewood derby (kit car race)
7:30 dd1 is having her last concert of the year and I missed her last one
Dh still won't be home.....How do I be in 2 places at once?
March 13th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Drop kid at scouts, go to concert.

At CFA and then meeting builder to continue talking about the room addition.
March 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
sorry - it must be my security settings. i have it particularly so my ex-DIL cannot see pics of my sons kids...if she even were to try to look.

~~terre~~
March 13th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My day shot to hell in an Easter Basket. BLAH!!

I'm making Easter Nest Cookies. I need coconut for the "nests". Ask Dh to go to store, being the good and dutiful hubby he is, he goes. And five seconds later he's back. Car battery is dead dead dead dead. And it looks like the gas is GONE?! So we at first thought somehow remote start was activated while we were in bed. Now it looks like our battery drained over night due to a bad starter?!

So now we're looking at a $400+ repair. We've only owned this car for a year, it's a 2008 and already we've had the power window break (first day we owned it but the company we bought through fixed it free), replaced the battery 3 months after buying it, replaced tires twice to the tune of $800, and now we're having to fix a starter. That's not counting that we can't open the passenger door from the inside because my mom snapped the door guts by yanking too hard on it, that's another $100 fix, plus our windshield is cracked from a rock thrown by a truck. Grr. Granted insurance will cover the windshield, but it's another $100 for the deductable.

What was the point of buying a late model car if it's still nickeling and dimeing us to death?!

March 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, you guys will all do awesome during labor and all that fun stuff
I am like you, and ALWAYS worry before labor about things too.

The chicken I made was awesome, and liked by everyone. I didn't have any until today though.. It was just a really really bad night.

I laughed at the bisexual clothes too.

March 13th, 2013, 12:16 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Bisexual clothing is funny. LOL

Ughhh, sorry about the car repairs, I know EXACTLY how you feel. The van is killing me too. Its all something. We have repaired so many things and still have things that need to be fixed.

Glad your chicken turned out.

Canaan is having an Angry Birds birthday, the older kids picked it out.
~mommy~ likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I counted the seconds until labor. It couldn't happen for me fast enough!

Happy birthday early to Canaan. I can not believe it's a year already!

Sorry BM8, we almost always have on car or another in the shop, but starters are easy enough to replace on your own if your hubby is a little mechanically inclined.
UrbanMomma likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 12:42 PM
just spent an hour and half watching the news of the new pope. i was thinking of marie and how excited she must be. as i said on f/b, even if you are not catholic, its history in the making and exciting to watch.

on that note, i am going to go snuggle under my blanket and take a nap...because i can!!!

oh and BM8, sorry for your bad day.....bummer.

~~terre~~
March 13th, 2013, 12:55 PM
We signed the pre contract today and wrote a check to the builder as a retainer. It covers soil testing, plan drawing, and septic inspection. When the plan is drawn, we apply for the loan and get the appraisal. When that is approved, we sign the real contract and work begins. Wish us luck. I will be posting the crowd sourcing link when it's ready if you all want to kick in $1, $10, $100, $1000, $10,000, etc. There will be gifts for large donors, like bags of pecans, naming rights for next baby, or something I haven't thought of yet.
March 13th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Meh, it's interrupting the court shows that aren't repeats.
Haven't taken a shower yet. I guess I do that. Making baked ravioli for dinner with bread sticks, and maybe salad since we have a lot of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search