I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2498Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
LOL at the Prius. I'd be stranded somewhere eventually!

I made homemade horchata...yummy!
May 9th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess we're all just different shapes and sizes. Neverusmind about showing early, my "problem area" on my body is my stomach, so you can just imagine what that looked like 10 weeks in. Not to mention what I look like now those couple bloaty days a month.

Dh and I were going to go watch our older girls play rugby at 5:30 until I got a call at 2:45 that the game was at 3:30. Dh wasn't home and the game was a 45 minute drive away. I'm super bummed, it was the last time this season both my girls would be playing at the same time.

I had my 8 month nephew over yesterday, and I love him and it was fun, but I am soooooooooooooooooo glad he's not my kid. Been there, done that, babies are a lot of work!

and now I just googled horchata
May 9th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beach was amazing! St George island is the best place in Florida. Not even exaggerating and this house was amazing! Had a great day. Everyone but me, 8&9 are fried. Bedtime!
Repti.Mom and MIL2lissy8 like this.
May 9th, 2014, 08:39 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Amira, yeah, my hubby has a hybrid. You can use a key, but it starts with a push button. He accidentally left it on one time for his entire work shift (in a different profession so it was only 8 hours, but still). He gets a great kick out of sneaking up on people in parking decks because you can't hear it when you're going slowly.

FW, glad you had a great time! Sorry for those that are burned.

DFK, good luck with your upcoming ultrasound!

Nothing new here. Soooo tired so I need to get to bed.

New picture in progress......
May 10th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eating some leftover corn pizza for breakfast also as I was googling horchata lol.

DH is working on his boat. He rebuilt the whole motor pretty much, just needs some fine tuning, which isn't going so well. I'm hiding inside, and once it gets to be Weston's nap time I'm going to send them to the park to get out of his hair. Plus Bastian FREAKS when that thing starts. Crossing my fingers it runs well, soon!

I was thinking maybe steak sandwiches for dinner and smores?

May 10th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Mexican rice water Repti. I didn't even get to drink any of the first batch so I made a second batch and took the first cup.

Good luck on the motor

Sitting outside Sam's hous while she has the little ones helping her do something for Mother's Day. I'm so bored just sitting here waiting lol once she's done though we are going to Costco and then I need to go but red rose bushes for my MIL tomorrow. That's what she asked for
May 10th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i just got back from the Brighton store in the mall. got 'mom' charms for my girls that are moms and a graduation charm for my other one that is graduating next week.

we are having all the kids over, except matthew who is in england, to celebrate mothers day today. pizza, fruit and vegi plates, chips and salsa and of course swimming. i heated the pool and now am heating the spa. hope it worked!

i live in a world of grouchy people...i am getting tired of being b*tched at all the time. just wanted to share that.

~~terre~~
May 10th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had to google horchata too, except I typed in hotatta and that didn't work.

Mothers Day morning here. I got a lovely artwork from my 6yr old which was kind of like a glitter explosion on my bed, so I am sure my husband and I will be sparkly for weeks to come and chocolate and lots of hugs. So I've had a lovely morning.
May 10th, 2014, 06:42 PM
#1 had prom tonight. I can't believe I have one that old! She looked lovely, though.
clouise likes this.

May 10th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Instead of rice you can use almonds, I just don't have the patience to peel the skins off of them. Haha at the glitter, I have viions of you guys sparkling for days on end...should we call you Bella and Edward

MIL I often get sick of being *****ed at all of the time, it has gotten better though.

Yay for prom! Hope she has a good time.

It was one LONG day: Costco, Lunch, Lowes, Arby's for the husbands dinner, Walmart, the Walgreens for a prescription I didn't know was called in, then back to Sam's to get the little ones. She was supposed to bring them home, but we forgot that we gave her car seat to my nephew for his son. I must remedy that one soon.

Then we had to put everything away, and now I'm sitting down and feeling like I ran a marathon.

Did I mention Megan is a legal driver now? Yeah, she went to the smallest town (her brother took her and that ended up in a fight between him and his girlfriend), and when I say small I mean 1 four way stop sign...and she passed, he was very generous with her lol, and now I have let her take the Suburban.....I must be crazy!
May 11th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a... car place... (what are they called in general? I know you guys call it the DMV, ours is called VicRoads, but what is the umbrella term for these places?) anywhere near us, so whenever my poor kids get their licence they end up in some place they are not familiar with. I didn't put two and two together with my oldest and she had to do her licence test somewhere that she had never been to, she passed, but she came back from the test a little freaked out. Now that #2 is learning we are making a point to have driving lessons in places around our closest VicRoads.

I'm watching Masterchef, they are making breakfasts, someone is cooking baked eggs with a tomato sauce with sugared churros to dip in. I'm a little grossed out by that one.
May 11th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We don't either really. The road testers are completely separate from the DMV, so long as the town has a tester in it you can do the test there. My other kids did it in the city she would not have passed had she done it there.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LADIES!
May 11th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Oh and I forgot to mention the girl who did our orders when we went to lunches the youngest of 14 and her coworker also had 13 siblings she just wasn't the youngest.

We see her every now and then but I normally only have a few kids at a time so she finally asked how many there were lol. She knows Sam better though because Sam is a regular lol
May 11th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Dh and I went to a concert at a church nearby. Phil Keaggy if any of you know old Christian music. He was amazing. Turns out he is #9 of 10. I showed him a pic of 8 of mine and me at the beach. He was really gracious.

#8 did something really weird today. I found him crying with his head buried in the chair. He wouldn't stand up and he wasn't screaming or hollering, just crying. I asked him what was wrong. He said he fell out of a tree and got hit by a car. It made no sense so I checked his eyes and held him for a bit. He had a huge goose egg on the back of his head. I settled him on the couch and went to the concert. He didn't move the whole time we were gone. He felt better when we got home. He took #3 outside to show her what happened. She said all she could understand was that he was climbing the truck or tree and fell and hit the truck or tree. He is napping now.
May 11th, 2014, 02:39 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:'( The house didn't work out. My dad was going to put the offer in, but went out yesterday and looked at it. He said it wouldn't be approved by the assessor for the value for a million little things we didn't notice, or think would be an issue, since none of it was major. Spent a couple hours crying last night, till I ran out of tears (and made my contacts angry with me), then sat awake till 5am. We have 2 weeks to find a rental we can afford, that will take us... And now have an hour + commuting the kids to school. Also have to unpack EVERYTHING, because I was stupid, and being positive, thinking we were moving once, and repack it so that most of our stuff goes to storage. This isn't something I could handle NOT pregnant... Let alone now. Trying so hard not to stress for the baby, but that's not going too well. Hopefully everything is good in the u/s tomorrow.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 11th, 2014, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry. You will find something. Just pack everything. Sort later. Better to not get saddled with a house with more problems.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 11th, 2014, 06:27 PM
So sorry about the house!! I'm hoping that means something better is coming for you down the road.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

May 11th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
here's to hoping you each were blessed on mothers day.

~~terre~~
May 12th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW how is #8 today? Poor kid must have really hit his head!

I'm sorry about the house I do believe things happen for a reason, even if we don't understand why when it happens.

MIL I was very blessed and spoiled, I hope you were also

We let Megan take the car to school today, oye we must be crazy. The husband has the week off so we figured why not. If she'd just learn to drive a stick she could take the truck (her car is not running) all of the time.
May 12th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a good day too. Good weekend. We planted some veggies and strawberry plants. DH built me a new planter, we don't have much space to grow, I have 20' x about 2.5', then we have chives in front of the house.
We went to a friend's parents house, DH fixed the knock sensor in his truck, mice chewed through it, dirty little critters. They fed all of us, the kids had fun, I had to bring them home a little early to shower them and get them ready for a decent bedtime, but then I went back for a little bit. Who needs crappy friends when good friend's parents treat your kids like their own grandkids. There was 11 kids total and they were all really good, of course you have to have the one person who is annoyed by that many kids, and that was the friend's brother's girlfriend. Everyone very obviously ignored her and she shut up lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search