I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2104Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2014, 08:01 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Halfdozen ours has zero key! like m2m said...its only a matter of time ..lool

it is a tad nerve racking the first couple times the kids would take our car...

Wow what a great weekend! love a quickie 'get away' now back to the school week. Dd1 has a field trip tomorrow then Ds has one next week.
Eye doctor appt for 3 of the kids and me. I need to get a tiny bit of increase in lens. Dont wear them often but can feel it. arrgg

got the kids " Plasma cars" ! lots of fun
May 12th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is nice repti. I'm glad you have them!

#8 seems fine, but he won't look up with his neck. He doesn't want to bend his neck back. I'm sure it will work itself out.

We have dinner at the Masonic lodge tonight. #1 has won $1500 in scholarships. So they are giving us all dinner, taking her picture, getting the paper to come, etc. I have done some math and I think she will be ok to go to school in the fall. I'm not telling her yet, though because there is another local scholarship I want her to apply for.
May 12th, 2014, 08:30 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good morning ladies,
got up early and am already on second load of laundry, dishes going in dishwasher and house pciked up. planning to shampoo carpet this morning after kate gets up out of bed or 10a.m. -- which ever comes first.

we had the kids over on saturday for our mothers day. ordered pizza and sides (no cooking for me) with leftover ice cream sundae goodies for dessert. it was a pool day, and of course i started to trim the plant vines that are grown down to the water on the rock waterfall. messy job, lots of ants and it wasn't a good time to start that. so this week, with over 100 degree temps expected, i plan to tear it all out....and get in the pool.

received flowers from one son and some new americana art from another and his family. husband said that i am not his mother and that it was the kids job to remember me. ewwwkaaay well fathers day is coming. i might kill him with kindness anyway.

yesterday, on mothers day, it was a quiet, uneventful day. my middle son called me from england. church was great, lunch out was so-so (invited guest is a talker) and then a nap and grocery shopping. oh and a heavy talk with DH at his instigation. yeah, he always has such great timing!!

i will say that our landlord came over on saturday at my invitation to view certain things that they'd had been done or needed to still be done. they were absolutely THRILLED with how we are caring for their house. they gave me the ok to paint the master bedroom and tear out the awful plants in the front garden. it felt good to be able to truthfully tell her that i had not cleaned up for her visit -- this is just how i live.

so yeah, just another monday here. no big plans. cleaning, baseball practice after school and a roast in the crock pot already.

oh i know what i was gonna tell you all. i decided to pick up some 3rd grade curriculum and try teaching wyatt this summer and see how it goes before deciding about next school year. i don't expect it to go well but at least i can try. he really is hating school this year and his grades reflect his misery with his class. the other option is private school which is a big chunk of change but well worth it. any suggestions on curriculim that covers overall subjects so i can try it out?

~~terre~~
May 12th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
If you just want to try something for the summer I'd go with the Spectrum books, they meet common core and will work as a great refresher. I got some for Cole on Amazon.
May 12th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there a summer school program for the kids there? I like summer school because it keeps them from getting lazy all summer, they still get up early and use their brains.

Ours is from june til late july? Except the more 'fun' ones are shorter courses and the last one ends in August. RJ, Sydney and Jayde are taking the math/language summer school, Bastian and Becca are taking the 'tyke time' class which is art and songs and stuff. Theirs is three sessions that last til August.
Noah is supposed to do that math/language one too, which I posted about on FB that it doesn't make any sense because he's getting a B in algebra and an A in English. His is only a week long class in the middle of summer, for two hours a day, not sure what good that does besides make an extra trip to school and back each day.

May 12th, 2014, 11:29 AM
What was the heavy talk about?

Leaving to take #3 to cello. I'm so sleepy.

I wouldn't buy any curriculum to work on 3rd grade with him. Just spend time reading about stuff he likes, go places that interest you both. Work on math facts with games and stuff. Watch movies or videos that also teach. But really read and explore. That's what's good for an 8-9 yo boy.
May 12th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband was reading over my shoulder, pointed at FW's post and said "Insert plug for your local public library here" then started suggesting random books.Only one more week, then he can go back to work and stop hovering around me.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 12th, 2014, 12:43 PM
But he thinks I'm right, right?
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 12th, 2014, 02:16 PM
i just noticed that my avatar picture is sideways, how do i rotate it? it is normal in my picture file but here it is sideways.

~~terre~~
May 12th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
FW, I think he does.
May 12th, 2014, 05:07 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
It was an "odd" thing I suppose, but my fun math days when I was little consisted of going to old graveyards, and calculating ages on the headstones. We also did card games that involved math (One was called racko, and I know you had to get numbers in order, so that was probably preK/K that I did that...)

I hope it all works out, every time we think it will, it crashes, so it's getting harder and more painful every time. DH called the company that now owns our house, and they said after the 28th (our out date), it will take a couple months before they get to the point of a lock out. I have no faith in what they say, but we do have a bit more time. It's just difficult since the rural area we want to be in, has very few homes coming onto the market.

My U/S was today, and I'm not as far along as my doctor guessed on the 30th (she said I felt 5 weeks), and according to the appointment today, I'm 5weeks 5days, and due Jan 7th.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 12th, 2014, 07:16 PM
You've got a long way to go!

They are watching jaws. Again. Really. And the Masonic lodge was weird. But the dinner was good. The check was great.
May 12th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I don't have curriculum just work books. Cole seems to like them better cause they are more to the point. I guess he doesn't have time for wasted information lol

Just leave it MIL, it looks kinda neat that way

Masonic temples are unique. I was a Jobs daughter many moons ago and often did thing for and with the temple (it's like Masonic Girl Scouts based off the book of Job, although ours was the only one in the country at the time that was all Jewish so many of the Christian aspects weren't in ours).

Megan made it home safe and sound. I used my grill for steaks tonight....YUMMY! I need to go shopping for Megan's graduation cake and her rice crispy treats she wants also lol I guess that's it.
May 12th, 2014, 08:48 PM
i have a Masonic background as well -- rainbow girls. those were some of the most fun times of my whole childhood.

~~terre~~
May 12th, 2014, 09:49 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
You've got a long way to go!
Oof! I know, I was hoping I was closer to being out of the 'danger zone'. Last pregnancy flew by so quickly, but with everything that's been going on, the year has been DRAGGING. Well... I suppose, the year has gone quickly so far, but the individual days feel like weeks.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 13th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I never knew what the whole masonic thing was until a few years back. Prior to that I always thought it was an club for old men who had retired and their wives wanted them out of the house. I have no idea why I thought that.
deaths final kiss likes this.
May 13th, 2014, 05:21 AM
I always assumed they were groups for old rich dudes too. Like the Lion's club.

Isn't one of your girls here someone who helps find people work at home jobs?

May 13th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Pretty sad but I only recently realized that Rainbow girls are a part of the mason, with the only real difference being ones relation to a Mason. I do remember with mine that they traced my lineage, found that I did have some higher up Masons in my history (which I learned doing some of my genealogy) and then had to be sponsored by a higher up in the temple, which happened to be a very good family friend, and the reason I joined. I didn't much care for the meeting but beyond that it was a ton of fun.

The Mason's are actually wrapped in conspiracy since they go back as far as the founding of this country.

I was woke up at 1:30 by my youngest throwing up on me. Poor thing has the stomach flu. Thankfully Mimi was here so she took care of Kailyn while I took care of me. She can not even keep sips of water down It sucks cause I need to go and but everything for Thursday, so I'll either being doing it tonight of first thing in the morning.
May 13th, 2014, 09:50 AM
i am ever so thankful that we have been healthy this winter season. so far, so good!

beth, i think it was sarahlorraine but i am not sure.

just another wonderful day here in the crazy house of hell.

~~terre~~
May 13th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Six of my strawberry plants have little white flowers, and I found out I need something to support my yellow tomatoes. I don't remember them growing that tall. My 'grandma and grandpa' nextdoor to my parents used to grow them in their little screen porch or three season room or whatever you call it. Oh well we'll figure it out.

Why is it hell? I thought you had things all figured out and you were getting what you wanted with the house?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search