I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2160Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
strawberries? Tomatoes? Fun! Our gardening is still a little ways off. cut the grass for the first time last week, and I'm relieved it's actually green and growing.Ugh, I have a terrible cold, I stayed in bed and on the couch on sunday. I'm glad I feel a little bit better, you all know how it is, you just don't have time for this time of thing. I'm glad all I have to do is drive the kids to music lessons, and get to stay home other than that.
May 13th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you feel better!
I totally know the feeling of not getting stuff done and not having time for that. Lately I've been sitting on the couch, and all of a sudden I'm sleeping.

The plants were a on a whim purchase, we planted them this last weekend. I went to find some flowers for my front planter, then I saw they had the little yellow pear tomatoes that I love so I got some, and some mini bell peppers, some other tomatoes and some jalapenos. Then I thought about it and I wanted some fruit so I had DH make me another small planter (We have about 20' total) and I got strawberries. Shouldn't have spent that much this weekend, but oh well, it's something that we can eat, hopefully.

May 13th, 2014, 02:57 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the house is fine...its just what goes on inside it that is hard to handle sometimes.....

~~terre~~
May 13th, 2014, 03:35 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
I tried growing cucumbers last year, but we ended up having a crazy late frost, and they died. I have a big strawberry bed... if we get a house before we leave this one, I'll dig them up and take them with me, otherwise I'm destroying them... I'm not leaving my hard worked for strawberries for someone else to enjoy

Looks like we'll get a bit more time to move, DH called and they said it'll take a couple months before they will get to the lockout phase, and they have to notify us first. But we also got another letter from their lawyers like we did 3 months ago, offering us money if we move out by the 14th of june. But... you have to sign and turn it in in a week! We can't do that, because we won't have a guaranteed place in that time. /smh

Do any of you have amazing preg safe cold remedies? Nothing that's allowed helps much... all I can do is decongestants, doesn't help the cough, or sinus headache (tylenol is useless).

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 13th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
No gardening for me this year, although I do hope to get a few tomato plants, and I did buy one strawberry plant (with berries already growing) and left it in the care of Savannah lol

MIL I'm sorry things are still turbulent in the house. I hope it straightens out fast.

DFK I just took what I needed to take. I figured it was only for a few days, so no biggy. Sorry that's the best I got

I have a flipping headache, probably from lack of sleep. Kailyn has slept, thrown up, slept, thrown up all day. I can't complain to much we got off easy sickness wise, at least compared to last year.

We are having tamales for dinner. I didn't make them since I suck at it, but I am cooking them...that has to count right? lol
May 13th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Tylenol cold. Or you could go hardcore and take NyQuil.
May 14th, 2014, 12:58 AM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
Excedrin is the only OTC that ever helped with headaches. I usually used my prescriptions from delivery I only ever needed them for a day or two, then saved the rest for my headaches. They're usually pretty brutal.

I remember using tylenol cold during one of my pregnancies, and my doctor flipped out on me so i haven't done that again.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 14th, 2014, 05:02 AM
I was kinda stuffy for two days, I just took generic mucinex. There is one ingredient in there that is supposedly a no-no because it may cause kidney birth defects or something, but I'm not taking it for months, just two doses before bed. I've taken ibuprophen too, tylenol never works for headaches.

May 14th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't handle cold medicine, I end up feeling totally lightheaded, so I feel crappy either way.

With the kind of winter we've had, have the mice been really bad in other parts too? They have been TERRIBLE here. They made paths through the lawn under the snow and ate the grass and I've never had mice in my RV but they were sure in there this year. I had them in my garage last fall and they're far more agressive than they used to be too. Ugh.

Fil is coming for a haircut right away (oh joy) and then I"m taking 2 kids to the dentist.
May 14th, 2014, 09:38 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Can't keep up, you guys post too much.

I want to plant tomatoes and some other veggies this weekend. We have a bunny problem around here, theres a LOT of them, so I guess I will have to put chicken wire around our garden.

I had a dream last night that M2M, you were giving a lecture on what kinds of fruit belong in fruit salad, you were adamant that Bartlett pears never belong in fruit salad and you shouldn't mix soft fruits, like berries, with hard fruits. Yeah....pregnant dreams are STRANGE!!!
HalfDozen likes this.
#12 is on the way
May 14th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Dreams in Beth's head are weird ALL the time
I dreamed about gardening and berries last night too. There was more weird stuff to it like DH being sick, and the berry seeds that we planted were mixed with flowers, and I had to plant them in 6 sections. When I asked DH what wasn't feeling good (we were sitting outside with a group of people) he kept asking me "are you dark?" Like "are you stupid" but he kept saying dark instead.. I don't know lol
UrbanMomma and HalfDozen like this.

May 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I have to pick up 2 kids from daycare. I have never done that. #3 is babysitting for this lady. Her kids have been in daycare all day, then will be babysat for 3 hours. I'm not judging, everyone's circumstances are different, but how do people live this way? We are committed for today and Friday. I don't know if will commit again.

Took the middles to a field trip at the community college one town over. Most had a good time. I took a friends 2 boys, also. My #5 and her kid like him had a blast. They are super. Fun and put their whole selves into whatever we do. Then my friend tried to give me gas money and I said no. Hut then she said her mom just handed it to her to give me. So I said ok, I will take it from her!
UrbanMomma likes this.
May 14th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
OMG UM....I actually do think hard and soft don't belong together! LMAO! Drives my kids batty hahaha funny thing is that I never tell anyone that. I just pick around stuff.

FW, people have to do what they have to do. I worked, went to school and left my kids with my MIL when the older 2 were young. I missed them, but I loved working.

Kailyn stopped up chucking last night, but then was wide awake at 2:30 in the morning. She just laid and watched tv, but I had to give in and let her take a little nap, poor thing couldn't keep her eye's open lol

Got all of the stuff for Megans graduation tomorrow, and have started baking the cakes. My house smells yummy! Tonight we are going to do s'mores and hot dogs over an open fire.
#5in2005 and UrbanMomma like this.
May 14th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Mmmm smores sounds yummy. What kind of cake are you baking?

FW, glad you all had a good time.
#12 is on the way
May 14th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Just a vanilla cake, with whipped cream frosting and fresh strawberries. It will kinda taste like strawberry shortcake.
May 14th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All of mine bar the oldest were daycare kids. A mixture of "we need the money" and "I will lose my mind if I continue with this stay at home mother deal".
It's always hard to imagine people wanting to do different to what works for you, I have to admit I read what some of you ladies do with the staying at home and homeschooling and go "Nup, you're nuts" but, you know, that's just different strokes.

We grow... lots of things. We have a large block and we have a sectioned off area for edible things, but it just keeps expanding every year. My husband keeps planting things and not telling me. We have a little garden shed where we wash all the fruits and veggies so we aren't tracking mud through the house and I went in there to get some seaweed mixture and there were 4 eggplants just sitting on the bench. All I could say was "Where the hell did those come from?". Turns out he planted eggplant and didn't tell me and I didn't notice.

M2M, that cake sounds yummy.
May 14th, 2014, 04:02 PM
My son and his fiancee are on their way to Labor and delivery. She thinks her water broke and says contrax are 5 minutes apart. She is 35 weeks today
mom2many2010 and HalfDozen like this.
#12 is on the way
May 14th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I want something for dessert but we have nothing.

Good luck to your son and gf.

May 14th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Pick up was easy. The little girl is super sweet and smart and. Rey self sufficient. I told #3 that she could be vice in charge instead of a babysat kid!
May 14th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck to your son and his girlfriend UM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search