I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2361Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2014, 05:10 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooh, GL to your son/d-il, and the delivery!

It is seriously one of those days... constant anxiety attack for the past couple hours, and just super irritable/sensitive to everything. If I were still smoking (Never heavily, just during days like this, and I switched to ecigs about a year ago now), I'd be on the porch every 20 mins. I cut way back on my ecig use when they said I was preg, but that's the only thing that actually helps with anxiety attacks, that and copious quantities of caffeine... which has also been cut to a minimum.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 14th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Good luck UM!
May 15th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our 2014-2015 federal budget came out a few days ago and it's one of the most controversial ones in... well, a long time, I dont' recall a hoo-ha like this since the GST was introduced in the 90's. I am really concerned about the number of people who don't quite seem to grasp what it means, mainly because these people are voting. As an example, doctors are no longer going to be free, there will be a $7 consultation fee for any doctor who was previously free, and there are several people on my facebook feed creating a bit of a fuss about the "people who can't afford to take their kids to see a doctor for $7" see, no, that's not the point, the point is that we pay a large sum of money in our taxes for this service, and we are still going to pay this large sum of money, we already pay for it, now we have to pay for it some more. If it was introduced as a tax increase, everyone would be pissed off, but at least this way, stupid people won't understand it, so they won't be.
This is what's wrong with mandatory voting, stupid people have to vote, there isn't even the chance that they won't do it, they have to or they will get fined, and people don't want to get fined.

I'm also so sick of reading/hearing "In America they don't earn as much as us so we should be grateful". How can you get to adulthood and not understand that different countries have different costs of living? If I sold my crap shack that I live in, I could take that money to America and buy 3 houses that are 100 times nicer than my crap shack. That's why we earn more money, because everything costs more. How people don't understand this is beyond me.

Just venting.

Last edited by cybele; May 15th, 2014 at 02:03 AM.
May 15th, 2014, 05:41 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Caleb Harvey was born at 4:12 am, he was 5lbs 15oz and 19 3/4". He went to the special care nursery for a little breathing trouble. Momma was doing good and my son did awesome being a support to her!!
#12 is on the way
May 15th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations UM! Glad mom is doing well, and hope baby Caleb is out of the special care nursery in no time.

Cybele, I sense you're frustrated I get your cost of living thing, around here wages are high but "life" is also very expensive.

I took our chihuahua in for show and share at school. And now I"m off to the bank and then I"m going to buy a new washer and dryer.
May 15th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm so happy for them UM! and congrats on being a grandma!

Kailyn is throwing up again. I don't know whats going on, on top of feeling bad for her I might have to miss Megan's graduation
May 15th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you bringing all the kids to her graduation M2M? Otherwise someone else could stay with her couldn't they?

Congrats on the new grandkid again UM! He's pretty big for 5 weeks early, probably would have been a big boy on time.
Did she ever get to do maternity photos?

Cost of living isn't too bad here, but we're poor too, so it doesn't make a difference. If things cost any more we'd be living in the van.
Honestly I think the US does things differently, like no maternity leave unless you're full time with benefits, and not having universal health care just to give people something to ***** about. It works other places, so we just wont do it here so people can complain lol

May 15th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Yeah, we're taking everyone. Sam will go from work to there, Lupan will go from their to work, and Ted is with grandma, that leaves me or the hubby and she'll want me. I'm hoping she'll peek up a little so I can go. If not I have a video recorder.
#5in2005 and UrbanMomma like this.
May 15th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats on being a granny, UM!!! its a special blessing.

cybele, i am sorry you are frustrated but grateful you feel good about sharing here to ease it.

life is moving along here about the same or worse that usual. thats all i can say here.
UrbanMomma likes this.

~~terre~~
May 15th, 2014, 10:40 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma

Here is is, hope no one is offended by baby parts
#12 is on the way
May 15th, 2014, 12:24 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Congrats, UM! What a cutie! And see, that's why all of us crazy ladies keep getting ourselves knocked up!!

Here on the East Coast, the cost of living is very high, but I don't think the wages are higher to compensate for it. I was told before moving here that they would be, but it's simply not so. I made less moving here (about $8,000/year) than I did when I left the Midwest. If I were working full time right now, I would only be about $10,000 ahead of what I made when I left the Midwest, and that is with an additional 8 years of experience. Awful!! And it makes no sense to me!!

Hubby had the big "V" on Monday. He is finally starting to come around and is just complaining of itching and achiness. I do think anymore would push him over the edge so it's probably for the best. Our luck, it won't take anyhow.

Then, on Tuesday, when I was taking my mom back to the airport, my car started making all kinds of clicking noises and wouldn't accelerate well. I decided it wasn't worth risking it and came back and got hubby's car. Sooooo, mother-in-law can't get here soon enough with the car she's giving to #1, even though I will have to take it over until my sister gets her own car, thus giving my mom back the car that my mom is giving to me. Confused??

May 15th, 2014, 03:58 PM
What is the earliest any of you felt baby move? I know some of you are built like me, I'm about a size 12 so not super large, but not thin either. I swear yesterday and today when I'm in a bent sitting position I can feel it right above my pubic bone.Maybe just gas lol. It would be nice to feel the baby sooner than Weston, maybe I'll get more excited. Some of my friends are more excited than I am. They are gifting me things and picking names.
I'm really not looking forward to labor, and usually I like labor, weird I know. Maybe I'll get an epidural and just miss the whole thing.

Either way I need this first trimester to be done. I can't be at the point where I either feel like I'm going to barf (when hungry) or I eat something and sit down and food narcolepsy hits and all of a sudden I'm sleeping. Maybe something wrong with my blood sugar this time too. that would be the icing on the cake.

Oh, and I got a 1200$ bill for Weston's eye surgery the other day. I'm not sure if insurance is going to cover it. I guess nothing I can do but wait til taxes and pay it, they can't deny him care because he has an outstanding bill.

May 15th, 2014, 05:29 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
This pregnancy is the earliest I felt movement. I felt it around 10-11 weeks. That has NEVER happened. Prior to that, the earliest was at 13 weeks with #2, and she was a threatened miscarriage so I always felt like that was her way of letting me know she was okay. The midwife couldn't believe it when I told her how early I felt this one, until I told her exactly where the baby was when she couldn't find the heartbeat. Then I went through a period of a few weeks where I hardly felt it at all. I'm back to feeling it every day now, which is a big relief for me.

I hope there's nothing with your blood sugar. It's no fun!! I can speak from experience since I have to test mine this time, and they diagnosed it at like 9 weeks. Yuck!! And I've never had an issue before.

We have a place that told me they will deny care until our outstanding balance is paid off. Well, good luck with that. We had $3,000 individual and $9,000 family deductibles when I had #5. #4 had tubes put in that February, and then I delivered in April. Yeah, we almost hit the $9,000. We'll be paying that off for YEARS!!!

May 15th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope Kailyn feels better and that you can all go to Megan's graduation M2M.

I never felt my babies early, I think it was always around the 18 week mark. I didn't feel my third until I was 21 weeks, and she never did kick a whole lot. She is still my quietest child by far.

Hope your dh feels good as new soon halfdozen.

UM, what a cutie!!!!

I didn't actually buy the washer and dryer, my old washer isn't working great any more, but it isn't actually broken.
May 15th, 2014, 06:51 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't remember, I think with #1 it was about 16 weeks, with #2/3 it was between 11-14. Hoping for early movement this time too.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 15th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I know it was earlier with each one, but I'm not sure how early.

I didn't get to go. I don't know whats going on, if by tomorrow afternoon she's not better I'll take her to quick care. I'm a little concerned about her lack of bathroom usage.

I did get to see video of it, it looked she has a good turn out. Even her boy friends family went, plus my big ole' crew and a few family friends.
May 15th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry. About you missing and miss sickipoo. I would be concerned about dehydration with that much throwing up. Poor thing.

I don't even have the words to go all crazy about my director chick. I know, I know I say this everytime. I don't even have the energy.
May 15th, 2014, 10:23 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats UM!!!!!! woow he sure does look nice and healthy for being early..thankfully!

M2M very sorry you missed the graduation. Not to frighten you or anything but when my Dd2 was throwing up and some diareaha, it came out of nowhere and she didnt have a fever but had to go to hospital and have hydration too. At least they can also give her meds to stop the vomiting. The kids get ill quick and its the kidneys that can shut down so hopefully by taking her in tomorrow to the doc willl ease some of her symptoms if shes not feeling better.

halfdozen I am confused.

#5 great to hear that your washer is still working for you!

Not alot new here...just been enjoying the HOT weather and some appts and odds and ins.
So Dd1 was totally into making friendship bracelets. Now the new BIG thing is rubberband bracelets. BUT after we went and bought some looms and a million trillion gazillion different color rubberbands...now we not only have bracelets but charms, pencil grips thingys, rings..the list goes on and on...but I HAVE do them first to show her and its KILLING me...loool..there has got to be an end to these insane trends or whatever these phases are called that wrap parents into these traps...loool...

I just cant believe the weekend is already here again...!!
deaths final kiss likes this.
May 16th, 2014, 05:07 AM
we have some of those rainbow looms. Those stupid rubber bands end up EVERYWHERE.

Sorry you missed the graduation, at least it sounds like she had lots of people.
A stay in the hospital would probably be inconvenient, but they can fix them up in about 24 hours, and as long as they are keeping stuff down they get to go home. She gets a pretty bland diet while there though, jello toast, broth.

May 16th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
M2M, sorry you missed it it's how it goes, but it stinks. I think you're right about taking her in if it isn't getting better, just to be on the safe side of things.

FW, what play are they doing?

Amira, I'm jealous of your hot weather. Enjoy

I'm camping in my brothers yard this weekend, like we always do on the May long weekend. I still don't really feel very good, but good enough to keep functioning and do what needs to be done.

« Hi! :) | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search