I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2508Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Haha I don't really have the rubber bands everywhere, but I do have the bracelets everywhere.

Sicky hasn't thrown up since early evening. It's not consistent, it's once or twice a day, since she 'got better'. Last night I woke up every hour and had her drink water, then I found on of her bottles (yeah I know, I suck but had her broken) and put water in that and she drank it. Now to get her to eat something, half a piece of toast and two bites of hot dog since monday, even for her, isn't enough, but I do think she's doing better.

Last night I decided to grill chicken on the grill for the first time. I found an El Pollo Loco marinade and was excited to try it. All I can say is thankfully no one was here to see it. Let's just say I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the fire department, thank goodness for YouTube, and next time I'll be better prepared. The chicken did however turn out very yummy, even if a few were extra crispy LMAO
May 16th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
M2M, i love that marinade and can't find it here any more. wanna strike a deal? i have used it in the crock pot with orange juice and chicken and its AMAZING!!!! chicken shreds itself and goes in a tortilla and voila, quick easy dinner.

life is dragging along here. no news yet, just same ol' same ol'. its been freaking hot -- well over 100 degrees. my a/c is on already this morning in advance of the nasty heat later today. this summer si gonna kill us financially with our a/c bill, plus the pool bill.

i spray painted a sconce yesterday it turned out perfect. i also sprayed some concrete yard bunnies and they look really good too. i have 3 'squirrels' to paint yet - they are over 75 years old i would guess and in poor repair. they used to be on the roof of my grandmothers house, all my life till she passed away. so i am going to freshen them up and put them out in my yard.
deaths final kiss likes this.

~~terre~~
May 16th, 2014, 09:45 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
ha you gotta love BBQ's!!! at least yours turned out...cant say so much for me..
M2M i wouldnt worry to much about the food, as long as she gets liquid, and sounds like shes doing better so praying she gets back to herself soon.

The rubberbands are popping up and its not a good thing because of Daliyah crawling around now and wanting to put anything she finds in her mouth. I have a feeling the rubberband fairy is going to appear and somehow take the kits and bands to fairy land for well being

Both of the kids were late this morning. This is the 1st time I have overslept this year and caused them to be late. So am I now on my 6th cup of espresso and will see how this day plays out. lol
May 16th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you know that if someone has had a hard life it is acceptable for them to take a car, drive it drunk into at least two other cars, a cop car, and through a fence? LMAO People get SO STUPID when they are 'standing up' for family.

May 16th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
MIL I used..

6 oz pineapple juice
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chili powder

the recipe doesn't call for salt, but it needs it. I marinaded it for 6 hours and then threw it on the grill. My husband who is NOT a fan of chicken loved it. I also did beans, like theirs to go with it. For a minute there I thought I was back in LA lol

Repti a bad life seems to be everyone's excuse.

Amira be thankful for your extra sleep..with babies that is so rare, even if you were a little late
May 16th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
perfect timing on the recipe M2M. Sil and I always make mexican food on our camping weekends (well, as mexican as mexican food gets up here I guess) so I am going to try this.

Repti, people like that infuriate me, it's just SO selfish, the material damage alone makes me mad, but what if an innocent person had gotten hurt.

I'll join you with having more caffeine Amira
mom2many2010 likes this.
May 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM
You're going to get some smoke when doing chicken, especially thighs with the fat. It's best to light one side to get the grill marks on what you're grilling, then move it the other side and cook with indirect heat.
I have only grilled twice ever, DH always does it, but I get the basics lol

May 16th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm going to start using it as a chicken base. I can see so many variations like adding cilantro and onions or jalepenos. It was just so yummy lol

Repti I figured that out eventually, part of it was figuring out what burners to use and not use. The top rack helped a bit also cause it got some of it out of the flames. Oh and it wasn't just smoke, it was a full fledged bonfire. I'm used to coal, which flares, but nothing like that.

Tonight I'm gonna try London broil on it. I imagine that won't try to burn my eye brows off lol
May 16th, 2014, 12:10 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
MTM, that recipe sounds yummy! I'm starving! Cereal for lunch was not so filling...

New picture in progress......
May 16th, 2014, 06:07 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BBQ sounds so yummy... Thanks Ladies!! Lol! I think DH will bbq this weekend if all goes according to plan.

One of my boys brought home a rubber band bracelet from school for me, I didn't even know there were kits/looms to make them til we were strolling past the craft section last week. I'd get really sucked into making them to pass the time if we had one here But DD would try to eat them too... she's obsessed with their legos, which freaks me out, but I haven't seen her put them in her mouth, usually just pulls the heads off the characters, and carries around a handful of blocks, until I notice she's gotten into them.

My (for now /sigh) new neighbor just got a billy goat, and it's constantly yelling. DD is in complete awe when she sees him, it's really cute. It gets annoying though when the kids are napping, and I think one of them is making noises... then it's just the goat.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 16th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Bring a squirt bottle out with you, or pour beer on as you're cooking.

I don't really care too much about Weston eating rubber bands they're pretty small lol. He puts less stuff in his mouth than RJ does still! Kid eats erasers all day and his shirt too if you don't catch him.

May 17th, 2014, 03:11 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
ughhh what the hell, wanted a new pair of shorts, went to Target. Shorts out for Juniors, kids, men, but not women. Nope not one single pair of shorts in womens.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 17th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Go make some booty shorts out of an old pair of jeans ...how's grandmahood treating you?

I had a carpet picker, it was either Vanna or Cole, but goodness they'd find things no one could see on the floor and eat it.

Went and bought a carpet cleaner. I was going to rent but Walmart had one on sale so I said screw and bought one. It's gonna take at least two weeks to get the carpets really clean, not stain free, but wear white socks and not get them dirty clean. I let it go way to long.
May 17th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats UM!

I swear those loom bands reproduce. I don't buy them, my husband doesn't buy them, my 12yr old doesn't have money and my 14yr old's shoe collection as of late would suggest that she doesn't have any money left over for them. Yet we have the most ridiculous amount of those rubber bands. The cats find them on the floor during the night and start playing with them very loudly.
May 17th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My feelings are hurt. I shouldn't be surprised or anything. But I guess I either got excited or let my guard down. I invited I don't know how many people to this graduation party tomorrow. Surprisingly, my inlaws and my sister accepted. Yesterday my mil told me she is throw up sick, canceled her reservation at the bnb, and they aren't coming. I don't think she is lying, but I bet she thanked The Lord she had a good reason to cancel. Then today my sister called to say it was going to be too hard to drive up and back in one day (4 hours each way). So I told her to get on the road tonight! She said she can't. Fine.
May 17th, 2014, 08:11 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Awwww, I'm so sorry, FW! And even more sorry for your daughter!! Why do people have to be a-holes?
MIL2lissy8 and Farmers-wife like this.

New picture in progress......
May 17th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
The MIL would not bother me, she can keep her cooties to herself and stay far, far, away from my kids. That crap is just now leaving Kailyn (although I think there's a milk issue mixed in). The sister would hurt my feelings. Have fun tomorrow though! Party like it's 1999

I think my carpets look worse, the stains really stand out against the clean carpet lol
May 17th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
M2M, with carpet stains I pour a bit of vinegar on it, then sprinkle baking soda on top, let it bubble, leave it for about five minutes, wipe it all up and vacuum. It gets red wine out, so it's pretty effective.
mom2many2010 likes this.
May 18th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good morning friends...i went to church last night in an effort to sleep in this morning. FAIL!!! (the sleeping part, not the church part).

the smoke from the san diego fires has reached up here now and the air is so foggy with it that i am staying inside today. we leave later to go to another area for daughters graduation from college early tomorrow morning. the air should hopefully be a little better there.

i actually got to swim in the pool for the first time yesterday! it was awesome. i usually just put my feet in or sit in the hot jacuzzi but i fully got enjoy myself in the big pool. i think its going to be a habit for me now to swim/float daily as the summer approaches.

my josie has been running a fever for a couple days now. i did get her to eat a bit this morning. DD says when she gets up, she is taking josie to urgent care. she gets panicky about fevers becuase when wy was a little baby he once had seizures and went unconscious from fevers and ended up in an ambulance because she was home alone with him and freaked out.

i am tired of carpet cleaning. my dog is potty trained but has been having messes ever since we moved here. i am so frustrated!

~~terre~~
May 18th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
If I had a pool I'd probably never leave it. I swear I am part fish.

FW how was the party?

Not much going on here, just more carpet cleaning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search