I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2273Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love a pool.

Party went well. Signed her letter of termination. Explained what that is to all the non home schoolers. Ate, talked, laughed. It was a great evening. I think I'm being catty though not tagging my sister in the pictures.
May 19th, 2014, 07:59 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
See, I don't know what a letter of termination is, either. Glad the party went great! Too bad your family were being jerks.

Let me just say, this being down to 1 working car with 3 drivers who need it SUCKS!!!

May 19th, 2014, 08:51 AM
When you homeschool in Florida, you have to send a letter of intent to homeschool to the superintendent. When you move, put the kid in school, or complete the homeschooling at 18, you send a letter of termination. Easy peasy.

Now I'm getting the portfolios all ready for our evaluations this afternoon. Then the last baseball games of the season. So glad that's over.
UrbanMomma likes this.
May 19th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I thought thats what you meant when you said a termination letter, but I wasn't sure also.

Been there, one car multiple drivers and it does suck!

Kicked all of the kids out at 8:30, they woke up on the wrong side of the bed so I made them run laps around the barn.
May 19th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wonder what the criteria is to homeschool in WI without one of those k-12 programs. I don't know if I have to drive them to a bigger city to take tests and stuff? Seems like too much work.

I'm glad the party went well, and I wouldn't tag any family members in the photos that weren't present. Screw the sister.

I have a crap load of laundry to fold. A CRAPLOAD shouldn't have slacked.

I kinda want to just stop paying on the van and have one vehicle. The truck is paid. Van is 484 a month. DH's gas to work and back is rediculous now, better than the other job he was looking at I guess, but still like 200 a month is a lot of money.

No $1 burgers tonight, can't afford to go. We'll probably be negative in the account again right away on Friday when DH gets paid. Back to right where we were. blah.

May 19th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
spent last night out of town; DD's college graduation was at 8 a.m. this morning about two hours away from us and that's not counting rush hour traffic that we would have to have driven in if we didn't go last night. it went well and now i am home, not enjoying it at all and waiting for a friend to arrive so we can go out to dinner with my winos ladies group. peace does not reign in this house....need i address why?

~~terre~~
May 19th, 2014, 06:50 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Super Mommy
Repti, I know the feeling. I'm freaking out about finances, our truck/insurance is $450 a month... and we either need to insure the little car so DH can drive that (but it's nice, work is in a sketchy area) which adds another $150... or sell it and get a bigger vehicle we can all fit in once the baby is here... but that's another payment we can't afford.

I try to keep us on track, not go out to eat when we're running errands, only buy what's necessary, etc... but DH is more impulsive. It stresses me out so badly. I feel bad enough about buying a few pairs of 'maternity' jeans, and some tops for this pregnancy.
HalfDozen likes this.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

May 19th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Oh repti! You make me happy. Thanks and I didn't.

Home from everything. Ready for a good nights sleep. Tomorrow I begin re examining our life, priorities, commitments, and activities. I'm planning to take the dh on a night away for his birthday Saturday night. Just need some time away.
#5in2005 likes this.
May 20th, 2014, 05:41 AM
I'm going to play furniture tetris and shampoo the whole livingroom today I think. Supposed to be the warmest day all year today too. Hopefully not humid, because then shampooing will be a bad idea lol

I tried to wake the DH up this morning early, didn't work, then he told me later that there would have been no time, and he had a dream that I was seeing someone else, and that dude came and served him with divorce papers. That really ruins the mood I guess. It's been a while since we've had sex, but it's not like I'm an inattentive wife or anything. I go with him places and keep the house in order etc. Just haven't felt the greatest and I just want to sleep. Maybe later.

May 20th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I played furniture Tetris a few days ago and then again yesterday when I bought a new to is couch (finally!). Now my ugly, broken but still functional futon can go to couch heaven.

I have been so bad when it comes to laundry. I might have to go the laundromat again. I don't know why I've been so bad about it lately.
May 20th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup, got a mountain of laundry too.

yay for new to you furniture M2M.

We had a great weekend camping in my brother's yard. It really hasn't been nice out at all, so we all just loved being outside. The forecast is even decent for this week.

#3 started throwing up this morning, and #1 phoned and said she was in front of the school and her truck wasn't starting. Luckily dh was around so he went.
May 20th, 2014, 08:40 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Our "tax money cushion" is almost gone. We have $150 left of the taxes and that is it. Then its right back to trying to make all the bills work, like our $230 gas/electric "budget bill" and the $256 monthly water bill. Plus insurance for the two vans is $320 and our phones are $110.

Ughhhh.
#12 is on the way
May 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Need to clean the carpeted areas in our home too ...like really bad...embarassing bad.

So few days back, Dd4 got her 9 month shots. She is having a really bad time with it. She had a bad time after her 1st set or 2nd cant remember but this is not stopping!
She has a fever ( I know this is normal ) but she is having red spots very sparadicly on her in different areas including 3 by her mouth and like 1or2 in her MOUTH! ??
huh?
she is NOT sleeping at all! she wants to be held A LOT! ( normal) but alot more than usual. she burps/throws up water type stuff??? has to eat super plain food because it hurts her mouth??

Any of you that do shots know what this is or had it happen?

THere is this big pond in the rear back side of our home and OMG the frogs are in the millions ok...but there is this unknown animal, never see it that is LOUD and makes this wierd grunting noise??? what is that??
Oh and got sucked into buying glow in the dark, shimmer, glitter rubber bands now ....and new hooks and 2 new cases to keep it all in...not sure how much longer I can take this one.....
May 20th, 2014, 11:17 AM
I don't understand how your water bill can be so ridiculously high. Maybe with MI fining kids for swearing, they'll be able to lower the state's utility rates a little bit lol

Taxes have been gone for a long time.

May 20th, 2014, 11:20 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
forgot half of what I wanted to say...lool.

FW glad things are calmed down and a get sounds great....have fun!

Rept totally dont blame ya!!

M2M congrats on the couch!!

#5 would love to make a tent and do that kind of camping....fire and all that...enjoy your weather!hope your little feels better

UM isnt crazy how the water bill is much but for us here its not water usage that burns the pocket,,,its all the surcharges and taxes for everything under the sun....insane how bills can add up!
May 20th, 2014, 11:24 AM
We don't do shots anymore. Something changed Sebastian, and Jayde got shingles after her first chicken pox shot, so I wont do them anymore.
Fever for days isn't normal.

May 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Amira it sounds like she is having a pretty bad reaction. I'd space her shots out so she isn't getting so many at once. My younger sister was like that.

Thankfully we have one bill for electric and water and all of that jazz since it's a well, but it does mean my electric bills are whoppers. We still have a fair bit of taxes left.

It's been a year today that my internet friend lost her house in that tornado. not quite a month ago they got into a new house, same general area, but this time with their own storm shelter. Which really looks like a bread box in the ground lol

Lupan came and took all of the little ones to the zoo, so I cleaned the carpets again. Scrubbed the bathroom and it's walls down, and now I am headed out to mow the lawn.
May 20th, 2014, 01:05 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
wow...thats why i dreaaaad getting them..I have been "Late" or "behind schedule" with all of them really because I am scared of them...I think they need them but still worry every single time!
Rept how do your kids go to school without shots? ( not meant as an arguement at all! just curious because I have given thought to not getting them anymore for her because I just dont like the effects )

Im sorry that Sebastian was affected by the shots. That is always a worry on my mind as well. But I dont know how to get around not getting them. I am crossed at them. gettting them makes me feel a bit more protected from some of those illness but sheesh, also a shot in the dark or a toss of a coin if serious side effects can strike.

m2m after i posted i seen your post but WOW we are kinda on the same page...
May 20th, 2014, 02:23 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Tax money? Ha! Ours was gone within about 2 days!!

We don't have a water/sewer bill because we're well and septic so that part is nice. BUT our electric bill is at $287/month right now. And, we have propane heat. We usually can only afford to get 100 gallons (which is the minimum delivery) at a time. Last time we got some, it was $3.89 a gallon or some ridiculous amount!!

As for shots, I've always done them according to schedule. My kids have never had too bad of a reaction. 24 hours or less of fever is normal. Multiple days is not. Any chance she picked something up AT the doctor's??

Not much new here. The mother-in-law comes back again this weekend. She's bringing her car for #1 (which we're requisitioning for a couple of months since mine is pretty well dead) so that's a plus. Then father-in-law will be here next week also.

May 20th, 2014, 02:39 PM
There is personal and religious waiver here. Just sign the back of a piece of paper and they can't say anything. I'm not one to argue about it, it's the people who think my unvaccinated kids are going to hurt their vaccinated kids that make me roll my eyes. Silly people.

During the summer gas is about $30 and electric from 150-200 depending on how hot. Water is always about 150 every three months. It'll be a little more this next time cuz we filled the pool
UrbanMomma likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search