I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2160Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Super Mommy
I love thinking of names I think if we got to ten I would run out of them though. DH names the girls and I name the boys lol
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 24th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you just press scones like biscuits?

That's five? Pregnant who of the regulars is next? Lol

May 24th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
NOT ME!!!!

Congrats FW!!!!
Farmers-wife likes this.
May 24th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It better not be me. I'll hunt you all down!

Cy I do the same thing with biscuits. The first few look all nice and pretty and the rest, well at least they still taste good lol

Not much here, got Megan's battery and about passed out when I saw what he insurance was a, almost as much as insuring 4 of our other cars. She needs a job quick to take over that bill.
May 24th, 2014, 08:51 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
I'm at a serious loss for names... If it's a girl, I have one I've wanted to use since high school... but no middle name since I gave that to DD. Since my MIL passed right before we got preg, I took her first and middle name, and made DD's first name from that. But as it stands... all 3 kids names end with "yn" (unintentionally), so I'd like to keep that going... but my girl name isn't a 'yn'. It'll be easier if it's a boy, I'll just pick one with 'yn'

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 25th, 2014, 01:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Better not be me. My 9 month old niece had a sleepover here recently and I am completely, 100% done with the baby stage for this lifetime. Except for babies that I can give back, like grandchildren in the future. Those babies are okay.

I'm thinking we get an easy break on car insurance for newer drivers here. It's more, but going on a few things I have read, no where near as much more as you guys pay.
May 25th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Ours was like 650 for six months, full coverage and roadside on van, liability on truck. I won't have money when august comes around and the term express again so then you just hope you don't get pulled over till tax time when you can afford it again.
deaths final kiss likes this.

May 25th, 2014, 06:42 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Howdy, ladies! Had date night with the hubby last night, which is a rarity. We went out with a bunch of people for one of our friends' 30th. Makes us feel old!!!

My mother-in-law arrived yesterday and is staying till the 9th of June. Father-in-law is coming, I think, Tuesday. They're going back together since my daughter is getting mother-in-law's car. I think the 2 littles and I are going back with them so I can get the van that my mom is giving me. Woo hoo! We figure that's cheaper than paying for an airline ticket if my mom were to drive it out here and then fly back. So, at least we will all have working cars soon!!!

Heading into a crazy week this week. Not only the in-laws here, but I work Tuesday, anatomy scan Wednesday, and then I leave at the buttcrack of dawn Thursday to fly to Puerto Rico for my sister's graduation from optometry school. So, I get a break from the in-laws for 5-6 days. Hahahahaha!!!

Anybody have any big plans for tomorrow? I was thinking of making lasagna, but I guess that's not very Memorial Day-ish....

May 25th, 2014, 08:48 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
new driver insurance can be more but once you have established a good driving record, then the rates fall. I think insurance depends on your credit history as well, gender, area you live, if youpay your bills on time, to name a few.

I changed my mind again on the colors of flowers in our haging baskets...now they are sets ofred/yellow and the other set purple/yellow/white. the lady we bought these ones from owns a farm/rock place that has HUGE,HUGE PIGS!! the kids had a blast/scared of them and had fun chasing all the chickens and roosters!!
anways better quality than the stores.

ooh I asked about eggs,,,she gave me the choice of white, brown ( so far normal options) and then....she offered 'green eggs'?????? never heard of those lool. we didnt buy eggs.
May 25th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
SHes a very new driver, plus no credit history. We put it in her name to help with that. I could have put it under us, for cheaper, but she will get a job soon and take it over. I pay $626 (around that) for 6 months for one with full, and 3 with just liability. I took our truck off since it isn't driven, which was $112 less now, but megans is $90 a month so it does not balance out at all lol. She's got 2 months from graduation or I pull it, and go back to insuring the truck.

Cleaned all of the cars assembly line style. Pulled one in vacuum, pulled the next, and the next and the next. Parked them and then washed them. Now my back is really killing me, but we have clean cars lol

Got free ice cream maker, gonna dry to make MCDonalds caramel Frappe mix into ice cream. My husband brought some home from work..yummy!

It's supposed to get hot, so hopefully a trip to the river.
May 25th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm home from our wonderful birthday weekend. Big lunch with everyone, xmen movie with me/dh/bil, romantic hotel night with me/dh, late dinner, sleep in, free breakfast, shopping at lowes, lunch. Now I'm home. House is trashed and I don't even care.
May 25th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a nice overnighter FW

Hope you make it to the river M2M.

Amira, my sil has chickens that lay "green" eggs. They're just a light color and small-ish, but they're neat.

Halfdozen, have fun in Puerto Rico!

Vehicle insurance is a lot up here too.

#2 and #3 are at a youth convention this weekend and have been gone since friday afternoon. It's never the same when we're not all home, I'm looking forward to their return.
May 25th, 2014, 05:02 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
We had planned to bbq with friends, but now DS1 is sick. DS2 was a few days ago, but had no fever, so I thought it was food poisoning or something... and now DD has a fever. I can't tell if I'm sick or not, because I'm always nauseous these days. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. The weather is pretty blah as well. Muggy and cloudy.

Man, my insurance (without DH on it >.< whoops... heh) is 150 a month, and that's just with one ticked my entire driving career... I know it'll go up when I add DH, (I haven't updated it since we got married... just been praying for the best since we can barely pay it as it is).

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 25th, 2014, 08:26 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has a birthday tuesday so we celebrated it today with all the kids and some family/friends over for dinner and swimming.....tomorrow will be pedicures for both of us, his request!

i drove by the national cemetary this morning after church to 'see' a friend. it was busy there and i was glad to see that.

church was good-- talking about hell....

~~terre~~
May 26th, 2014, 01:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually had to check how much our insurance is, it comes out of my husband's account as direct debit, so I haven't seen it in years.
$243 per month for two cars and my motorbike. Crap that's more than I thought it was. Pretty sure that it's the bike that drives the price up, I've had a couple of accidents on it so there is probably a big red mark next to my name.
I asked my 19yr old how much hers is, $68 per month. Lucky duck. She only has a little 2 door though.

This might sound really weird, but I've never been to a cemetery with the exception of attending a burial. I think I just have no one to see here, everyone in my life who has passed away, with the exception of two people, are buried interstate. Never really thought about that before.

#5, I get thrown off when one of the kids isn't home too. It's just, weird. It's amazing how much quieter it can be with the absence of one person.

My 6yr old went on an excursion with his class to the aquarium today. Apparently they went in the exhibit where there is a big tunnel inside the tank and sharks and sting rays swim over your head. He has spent the entire afternoon/evening talking about hammerhead sharks non stop.
May 26th, 2014, 07:09 AM
We have something like that at the mail of America here. I'd like to go back there one day if we Ebert have money again.

May 26th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There's a tunnel like that at the Oregon Aquarium too, we went last summer. I love aquariums and underwater stuff. When they asked me in kindergarten what I wanted to be when I grew up I said scuba diving. I hope that I at least get to go snorkeling somewhere great in my lifetime, since my scuba career didn't take off.

I love how green it is outside! And that I'm feeling all better so I can actually catch up on a few things.
May 26th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Ebert money? Lol

MIL happy Birthday to the hubby!

Megan's is an 86 Camry, not even worth what we paid for it lol

I've only gone to the cemetery a few times. My grandma and all of her family is buried it, it's a small cemetery and my great grandma bought lots for everyone. I think there is one left and it belongs to my grandmas brother. She always planned to move back up here, I don't think she meant for it to be when she died. I might stop in today because a few if her brothers died in seperate wars (it's Memorial Day in the states).

I might of had to much sun yesterday, knocked me out, but the kids had a ton of fun, and were all tired by 8-9 o'clock.
May 26th, 2014, 03:46 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
should i go swim with joel and the boys ......or go set up my sewing machine and get back to work on my quilt???? that is the question.

~~terre~~
May 26th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
hope you went swimming!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search