I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2014, 11:10 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for you FW!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

I drove dh to the airport the other day, his flight was delayed so he asked me to stop at the gas station for coffee. I grabbed a vernors....he said "vernors? did I knock you up?" lol
No I am not pregnant. Wish I was really close with someone who had a small baby though...My 'baby" just turned 3
We had a party the weekend before her birthday and invited #3 and #4 whole classes, we had a woman and her sil show up with a 2mo and a 10mo so sweet!!!

I have a horrible cold that's been wiping me out, sadly I gave it to dh too and he's out of town in back to back meetings and trying very hard to be able to function. Wish he was here so I could take care of him....
May 29th, 2014, 11:50 PM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know! Half of the kids shows are super creepy too! It makes me think of the episode of Angel, where the puppet characters were really demons, draining the life out of the kids watching.

So... we have 2 possible houses that we'll look at tomorrow or this weekend. One is 2x the size of our house, but only has 2bd, so there's a lot of potential in the unfinished basement. The other one isn't much bigger than our house, but is a 3bd... and has an amazing yard for the kids, with a solid/secure wood fence. (The 2bd has a bigger lot, but we'd have to fence it). Honestly, I'd be happy with either at the moment, they're both in the rural area we want, and the kids will be in the same school district. If we can make a 2bd work with all of us now... we could make another one work a bit longer til we could build a couple rooms in the basement. The 3bd has an attached garage, that my dad was thinking we could convert to a bedroom down the road, and just build a new garage in front of/beside it.

I see more potential with the 2bd (and it's really cute... built in the 20s, has gorgeous wood trim and doors/etc. Lots of character)... but the 3bd would be easier. Just praying that one of them will work out/pass inspections/not get an offer before we put one in.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
May 30th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Fingers crossed for you DFK.
deaths final kiss likes this.
May 30th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
me too DFK

I read back my post.....I didn't put on my cowboy boots to squash the mouse, it was a safety step so it couldn't run over my bare foot and bite me......or have access to run up my pant leg. (it's not a reasonable fear, I know). Shudder.

It's a new day.....

#1 was in a fashion show last night. I'm pretty particular about the clothes our girls wear, so it was weird to see her in a kind of revealing dress....or far more revealing than what we'd go for. She looked great, but yikes, very grown up.
deaths final kiss likes this.
May 30th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is crazy how gorgeous they can look but we wouldn't let them wear it!

I used a credit card for the first time in 18 years today!
#5in2005 likes this.
May 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
#5~~ if I ever had a mouse in my house
and if I owned cowboy boots,
that mouse would have ended up on the sole of those boots!
sad or not no mouse will be living in my house!

Deaths final kiss.....FX'd for you!!!

18 years huh?

Meatballs in homemade marinara sauce sandwiches for dinner tonight. Im sloooooow cooking them in the sauce in zee oven...yummm ooh and on those sammies will be slices of "Tillamook" cheddar cheese. oooohhh yaaahh....one of Dh's favorites.

Beach themed weekend! Made a complete change of plans and am doing a 2 hr massage tonight and then maybe a spray tan. Havent had that 'golden glow' in like forever. so may pull out my thong, for effects loool...if my big rear still fits in it
May 30th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 5 cats. Mice are not an issue here.

Isn't the point of thongs (I still can't shake the image of Australian yhongs worn as American thongs, no matter how hard I try) that big rears don't have to fit in them? Haha.

I only attempted a spray tan once, it made my tattoos look very strange, I don't know if that's a normal thing or if it has to do with most of mine being done with vegan ink, but regardless, I shall remain pale forever. Or burned.
AmiraX4 likes this.
May 30th, 2014, 03:41 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I concour ( again, sp? )Cybele that the rear usually doesnt have 'full support' however in my case, the not fitting part would be litterally the entire thong! lool the last time I tried them on, I actually couldnt pull them over my hips...seriously thats how much my rear/hips spread during this last ( and really all of them ) pregnancy and still had not shrunk back yet. sad but true!

I guess if they dont fit still I could go and buy bigger ones , but how embarassing is that buying king size thong????

My house smells like bleach and glade plug ins....in that order.
May 30th, 2014, 05:15 PM
What is an austrailian thong? Guess that's what google is for.
May 30th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A rubber flip-flop.
May 30th, 2014, 07:11 PM
What do you call the butt thongs?
May 30th, 2014, 09:59 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
maybe 'body floss'??
May 31st, 2014, 01:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
G-strings.
But I think I prefer the term 'butt floss' now. Kind of like the time one of my kids had a friend over, who asked if we had any more '*** wipe' because we had run out of toilet paper in the toilet. Weird kid.
May 31st, 2014, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What did you buy FW? (a thong? lol)

I didn't get a credit card until I was 26. That way I wouldn't be tempted to go over my very strict budget I had back then.

Dh and I went out last night, there was this husband and wife folk singer duo in town last night and they played at a historic house (the only one our town has) and there were maybe 30 people. I was totally awesome. And cheap! And there was wine!
May 31st, 2014, 03:21 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You were awesome #5? Hope they were too lol

We only have a couple of cats, so mice are making there way back, but so far nothing obnoxious.

Thongs, used to be flip flops, then butt string came out and they got the name thong. Really if you think about it, they are also butt flip flops

Got tires on the Suburban...ouch, and now there's a nice sized wind storm moving in. I don't remember the news saying anything about this. I am not a happy camper.
May 31st, 2014, 06:03 PM
butt flip flips. I grew up calling thong sandals "go aheads", because when my mom grew up in Hawaii that's what they called them there. I can't for the life of me call them a thong without lmao.

So... We put an offer on the one we liked the most, and are supposed to hear back Monday. So nervous.

Also stressed out, because I started bleeding yesterday. It's all the old blood color now, and no major cramps, but can't shake the bad feeling. I'll set up an appt Monday to get my levels checked, and hopefully an u/s.

June 1st, 2014, 09:14 AM
Ihave heard the term go a heads for flip flops. I never liked calling flip flops "thongs" because of the butt thong relationship. I wonder how the term g string came about.

My dryer element went out again. We ordered one, but it won't be here til Tuesday. I ran 6 loads of laundry, loaded it in the van, and drove to the laundromat to dry it. They were closed at 8pm and closed on Sunday. So now I have a ton of wet clothes in my van. I'm driving to the big city next.
June 1st, 2014, 11:33 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Didnt get my sprat tan.
Baths for all 5 youngins and then homework, lunch then out to visit Ds1&Ds2 and prep work for the last full week of both day and night school! Following tues and wed will be last day of school!

Ithink the Alaskan cedar we plant last fall is dying the little branch hands are turning yellow. Good news though is that our fence is done and 2 of the entrances have coded locks on them, we knew key locks would be impossible and a pain.

Deathfk yah for the house and praying it works out. Try not to panic about the blood. I also had bleeding with most of mine. hopefully your hcg will show climbing numbers.
June 1st, 2014, 02:17 PM
So anxious to hear about the house!!

Ended up going to the ER at 930 last night because the cramps and bleeding had picked up more. Stayed there till 230 after doing tests, for them to tell me we could be fine or we could lose the baby and to call my doc Monday. No really? I knew that and didn't need a medical degree... /sigh. Hopefully they can see me tomorrow. Trying to sit around all day today... I love lounging, but we have so much to do, I feel bad.

June 1st, 2014, 03:26 PM
Try to rest. I'm so sorry. I hope everything slows down and works out fine.

Got the laundry done, folded, brought home. Then I just spilled tea on mine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search